Bell or Gase

Lupz27

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Burst?  The OL is giving him nothing to run through. 

He has definitely slowed down. There was one play today when there was a hole big enough to drive a truck through and Bell picked up 7 yards. Powell or Montgomery would have gotten through that hole quicker. They have both run as well or better than Bell with their limited reps. It's very concerning for a guy we are paying 15 million to and I know the Oline sucks monkey balls. I'm still worried. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He has definitely slowed down. There was one play today when there was a hole big enough to drive a truck through and Bell picked up 7 yards. Powell or Montgomery would have gotten through that hole quicker. They have both run as well or better than Bell with their limited reps. It's very concerning for a guy we are paying 15 million to and I know the Oline sucks monkey balls. I'm still worried. 

It's never a good idea to sign a RB who had a million touches to a lucrative contract after he sat out a year. It never works, especially at that position. Bell looks like he's dropping a 5.0+ forty. 

37 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I watched Bell get hit before the LOS a lot. A good oline fixes this is. 

Lev should not be running into the oline 20 times a game, get the man the ball in space for Christ sakes let him pin ball around like he does.

Gase isn’t getting fired this offseason.

as for Bell,

Bell hasn’t been the “difference maker/ playmaker ” that everyone hoped he would be.

You’d expect that when Darnold went down with the mono, that everything would go through Bell. But it didn’t and it hasn’t thanks to a putrid OLine.

So what’s more important, an OLine or a RB? In a perfect world both. But if we are to prioritize things, the OLine comes first. Yes this is like the chicken or the egg thing but how many RB’s have the patriots gone through during their reign of terror?

In conclusion, we’ve lost with Bell on our roster and we could lose just as many games without him on our roster. He’s a luxury.

I would trade Bell for a sound 2nd round pick come this off season. ( please let there be a team stupid enough to do so!)

42 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I watched Bell get hit before the LOS a lot. A good oline fixes this is. 

Yeah I don't know if Gase is what he was in the past, probably not. But he isn't this bad, the oline is the primary focus.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lev should not be running into the oline 20 times a game, get the man the ball in space for Christ sakes let him pin ball around like he does.

There was a play when Bell was in the backfield on the right. The Jets had a tight end on the right side and the linebacker was over him. There was one Bengal in the secondary, kind of shallow, on the right. Now sure if that was a CB or Safety. But a quick pitch right and Le'Veon had 5 yards before contact. He makes people miss routinely. They refuse to let him have the ball in space for some reason.

• Upvote 2