Woody , Sell the team !!!!

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

As long as Woody owns this team, no one of that caliber will even take his call.Would you?

I would and anyone without another offer. JDouglas is proof.  Top GM candidate for two years, turned down Texans and I think another team for us.  There aren’t that many jobs and today rising star is forgotten tomorrow 

On 12/1/2019 at 5:57 PM, Larz said:

I’m too lazy to really nail the math but the team has appreciated on paper $2,400,000.....

a week

hard to make a case for why he would sell in a meaningful way other than he’s dumb 

Actually the case isn't that hard at all. Usually when something appreciates significantly, it's a good time to sell. You don't actually realize any of those gains unless you do.

59 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Actually the case isn't that hard at all. Usually when something appreciates significantly, it's a good time to sell. You don't actually realize any of those gains unless you do.

They enjoy a monopoly exemption and the TV contracts guarantee profit and it doesn’t matter if the product is any good 

this is not a normal business 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

They enjoy a monopoly exemption and the TV contracts guarantee profit and it doesn’t matter if the product is any good 

Yep. I wonder what the split is between TV revs and in-stadium revenues. TV revenue probably dwarfs. They make money even if no one shows.

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

What is there to discuss?

NFL franchise ownership is a licence to print money and earn equity, and it requires no real work on the part of the Owner.

Woody is not going to sell this team because of a few mewling fans.

Same way Dan Snyder, the single most hated man in the DC region whose name doesn't rime with "Hump", will not sell the team here just because every single fan of the team would like to see him drawn and quartered.

This desire, while understandable, is akin to jousting windmills.  

Joust on Don, joust on.

The guys here who keep going on about the Johnsons selling the team just like the sound of their own voices.

Its never going to happen, yet they like to get together a few times a week to act like them saying it will bring a change.

The word I’ll use for them is naive. It’s not the best word to describe them, but it is the nicest.

9 hours ago, DarnoldSchwarzeneggar369 said:

Please god can we have these two retarded **** faces dragged by their entrails out of new york? They are some of the worst owners in sports and Ive ******* had it after 20 years of the loljets show

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Woody and Jim Dolan are going nowhere

Not only are they both stupid and stubborn the jets and Knicks economic values have skyrocketed thanks to both teams playing in NY and having dedicated fanbases

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

The guys here who keep going on about the Johnsons selling the team just like the sound of their own voices.

Its never going to happen, yet they like to get together a few times a week to act like them saying it will bring a change.

The word I’ll use for them is naive. It’s not the best word to describe them, but it is the nicest.

One can dream

Woody paid $500 mil for the jets if he sold them now he could easily get $2.2 billion he would make a $1.7 billion profit and get called a genius

On 12/2/2019 at 7:29 PM, Larz said:

That has nothing to do with the wisdom of selling when something appreciates (and you continuously make a public fool of yourself for every day you own it). Take the money and go live in seclusion on an island somewhere warm.

As much as I would like Woody to sell the team.  Why would he?  He makes money even if the product he puts on the field continues to lose year after year.  If, on the other hand, losing cost him $$ he would've already sold the team a long time ago.  Something is wrong with the NFL when you can be a perennial loser and still make billions of dollars.

Same thing with the Knicks.  Perennial losers and they are the most valuable team in the NBA.  No joke.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

That has nothing to do with the wisdom of selling when something appreciates (and you continuously make a public fool of yourself for every day you own it). Take the money and go live in seclusion on an island somewhere warm.

So that happens a lot with NFL teams?