Sign in to follow this  
Bugg

Refs screw Bolts

Is there any sensible definition of pass interference, or are they simply making it up? What just happened to the Chargers is simply not close to right. 

• Upvote 3

Yup, a total disgrace. 

#1 that was not pi at all in the least.

#2 at least 10 WAY more obvious calls I've seen this year have been refuted on instant replay challenges.

The NFL does not seem to realize it has such a terrible problem with reffing and more and more the fix is in on games.

Home teams get favoured, some of the long time teams like the pats get favoured.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Denver smart football throw the ball downfield and hope for the pass interference call. 

Of course the commentators all said oh you have to kneel down here! 

The refs screwed the Broncos twice earlier in the season.  Once against Chicago... and another against the Jaguars.

The refs screw every team at one time or another.  It balances out.

Except New England...  they get every effin' call.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

refs to be replaced by squirrels.

Very aware squirrels, perhaps?

• Haha 2

I watched it. It's only slightly comforting to see that we aren't the only ones screwed. But the NFL/Refs are now seen to be picking winners and losers.

• Upvote 1

That was clearly a penalty.  The CB impeded the progress of the WR without playing the ball.  It's the definition of PI. Usually refs swallow their whistles that late in the game but the call was correct. 

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Very aware squirrels, perhaps?

Blind squirrels. At least they find an acorn

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

That was clearly a penalty.  The CB impeded the progress of the WR without playing the ball.  It's the definition of PI. Usually refs swallow their whistles that late in the game but the call was correct. 

The CB has the same right to a path to the ball as the WR, that is what it was, he did nor grab or arm bar or grapple he ran to the ball flight.

Your explanation is total a totally unacceptable excuse for the league and refs considering how they have handled pi this year.

Let's call it one way for most of the year and then on a crucial play with 3 seconds left lets go to the letter of the law.

If that is PI then every second pass in this league must be called pi

• Upvote 1

The NFL - owned by rich geezers making truckloads of money - is still the only pro sports league on the planet too cheap to pay for full time officials, and train them as such. So we get hobbyist officials who work their full time gigs during the week and then serve us this s&*t on the weekends. 

Proves to me over and over that the owners care only about the short term revenues, and nothing about the integrity of their sport.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The CB has the same right to a path to the ball as the WR, that is what it was, he did nor grab or arm bar or grapple he ran to the ball flight.

Your explanation is total a totally unacceptable excuse for the league and refs considering how they have handled pi this year.

Let's call it one way for most of the year and then on a crucial play with 3 seconds left lets go to the letter of the law.

You have to be going for the ball his back was turned and was not locating the ball good call in my eyes 

13 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

So a db who doesnt turn back to the ball who doesnt know where the ball is and hits a receiver going for the ball isnt PI? 

I was shocked the Jets didn’t get that and think Gase should have challenged. 

15 minutes ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

You have to be going for the ball his back was turned and was not locating the ball good call in my eyes 

Except he didn’t run into the receiver. The receiver ran into him. The DB is entitled to his space. In this case, it didn’t matter if the DB was looking at the ball. It was a bad call and it should have been reviewed. Al Riveron is a menace to the game. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

The NFL - owned by rich geezers making truckloads of money - is still the only pro sports league on the planet too cheap to pay for full time officials, and train them as such. So we get hobbyist officials who work their full time gigs during the week and then serve us this s&*t on the weekends. 

Proves to me over and over that the owners care only about the short term revenues, and nothing about the integrity of their sport.

• Upvote 2

Well it took exactly about 4 plays before the pats were handed a suspect huge call in their favor. 

I just laugh at this point.

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Except he didn’t run into the receiver. The receiver ran into him. The DB is entitled to his space. In this case, it didn’t matter if the DB was looking at the ball. It was a bad call and it should have been reviewed. Al Riveron is a menace to the game. 

So your saying if you were a receiver running for the ball you located and can catch and a guy who doesnt know where the ball is hits you its not a penalty in your eyes. Second part it does most certainly matter if you look back for the ball thats why it was pi he was running at the receiver not the ball 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

I fully appreciate that the first 2 of those feature the Jets (and perhaps more amazingly, they were winning in both instances).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

In American and Canadian gridiron football, pass interference (PI) is a foul that occurs when a player interferes with an eligible receiver's ability to make a fair attempt to catch a forward pass. Pass interference may include tripping, pushing, pulling, or cutting in front of the receiver. If he turned his head it would of been no call simple its how they've been calling it 

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He has a right to the ball if he's looking for the ball, which he wasn't. And if you watch the play again the WR was trying to go towards the sideline where the ball was thrown and the CB was still running straight down the field when the contract was made  That's bc he didn't know where the ball was, thus pass interference. 

15 hours ago, Bugg said:

Is there any sensible definition of pass interference, or are they simply making it up? What just happened to the Chargers is simply not close to right. 

If that was PI, the Robby Anderson got totally mugged on the last pass to him.

I have never seen anything like what went onnwith the Refs in the yesterdays game. It's  like they were oaid off to throw the game to the Bengals. I mean to call that holding in the EZ? I have seen OL tackle DL and no flag.

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If that was PI, the Robby Anderson got totally mugged on the last pass to him.

I have never seen anything like what went onnwith the Refs in the yesterdays game. It's  like they were oaid off to throw the game to the Bengals. I mean to call that holding in the EZ? I have seen OL tackle DL and no flag.

10 flags and a safety vs. Jets, 2 vs. Bengals, one of them intentional delay. That's ridiculous. Look, I'll grant you the Jets' OL was terrible and they had no pass rush. The penalty disparity in an NFL that had any kind of quality control would cause NFL security to take a very hard look at this crew.