Jump to content
RonaldJet

So sick of these holds

Recommended Posts

I can’t recall a season where the Jets have had so many huge plays called back. It happens every single game. The Compton play essentially ended the game, and it was totally unnecessary. 
 

7 penalties on the OL and 5 dropped passes. Awful! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how destroying a guy and ending up lying on his leg is a hold... if the guy tried to get up and he was holding his leg then fine...but that play was not a hold...the one in the endzone was a hold

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetstream said:

I don't see how destroying a guy and ending up lying on his leg is a hold... if the guy tried to get up and he was holding his leg then fine...but that play was not a hold...the one in the endzone was a hold

 

They seem to call a hold every time a defensive player falls down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jetstream said:

I don't see how destroying a guy and ending up lying on his leg is a hold... if the guy tried to get up and he was holding his leg then fine...but that play was not a hold...the one in the endzone was a hold

 

Compton dove and missed the guy on a cut block then held his leg that is a hold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they can call 2 tripping penalties on the cowboys and then apologize, they can call back a few jets first downs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets are pretty bad. Their OL has to hold to compete, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can’t recall a season where the Jets have had so many huge plays called back. It happens every single game. The Compton play essentially ended the game, and it was totally unnecessary. 
 
7 penalties on the OL and 5 dropped passes. Awful! 

Holds happen when you are out matched and out skilled and unaware of the situation - our o line sucks. It’s a line 2 line 3 patchwork quilt - even Beacham is no longer a 1 talent.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

Compton dove and missed the guy on a cut block then held his leg that is a hold 

It was a nice tackle. Fool forgot he was playing offense. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets just embarrassed themselves today against an 0-11 team.

To do that, you need to coach and play badly, commit penalties, drop and throw bad passes, and play bad defense.

Thats exactly what we did.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today might have been the worst OL performance in NFL history. I mean yeah Gase sucked today. He didn't make any adjustments and neither did Williams. But the OL burned the whole team to the ground. How many holding calls. There were so many I lost count? Like 7? Then, what about illegal blocks in the back? Honestly, the Jets would have been better off with guys off the street. Compton, Shell, and Beachum are not even good enough to be 2nd string.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Today might have been the worst OL performance in NFL history. I mean yeah Gase sucked today. He didn't make any adjustments and neither did Williams. But the OL burned the whole team to the ground. How many holding calls. There were so many I lost count? Like 7? Then, what about illegal blocks in the back? Honestly, the Jets would have been better off with guys off the street. Compton, Shell, and Beachum are not even good enough to be 2nd string.

Agree been saying it all night has to better OL men on the street or on another teams practice squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...