So My Wife Gave Birth to Twins...

43 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Pass it on....being a jets fan means Building resilience and learning you don’t always win. Jets fans may have a losing team but their kids will end up stronger and better humans then patriots kids 

My kids will build resilience on the playground...in sports...with friends...with girls/boys...getting knocked around, smacked around, beat up, tossed into lockers, smacked on the court/ice/field like I did in sports and then get their asses kicked and demolished in corporate America...

I will leave sports fandom up to them...if they want to ADD sports fandom to their endless pain and suffering of being a human being, then that's their problem...but I won't INTENTIONALLY do that to them...life is hard enough...

Congrats  , my wife is pregnant and due in March , its a boy...

every sunday while i watch the Jets she tells me my team sucks and she will kill me if i make our son a jets fan 

btw the best thing you did was move to south California ...cant beat the 70 degree winters  

Congrats on the kids. Congrats also on doing one of the best things parents can do for their children ... protecting the little ones from the horror, disappointment, and sheer sadness of being a Jets fan. If I could switch teams, I would; however, at 58, it's way too late for me. I'm stuck! My football fandom has, is, and will be forever doomed. Not so for your kids, thank the good Lord. You've done a great thing for them, and I'm sure they'll be very thankful to you in the future.

24 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

My kids will build resilience on the playground...in sports...with friends...with girls/boys...getting knocked around, smacked around, beat up, tossed into lockers, smacked on the court/ice/field like I did in sports and then get their asses kicked and demolished in corporate America...

I will leave sports fandom up to them...if they want to ADD sports fandom to their endless pain and suffering of being a human being, then that's their problem...but I won't INTENTIONALLY do that to them...life is hard enough...

My kids have no choice. They bleed green like the lineage they came from

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

Congrats on the kids. Congrats also on doing one of the best things parents can do for their children ... protecting the little ones from the horror, disappointment, and sheer sadness of being a Jets fan. If I could switch teams, I would; however, at 58, it's way too late for me. I'm stuck! My football fandom has, is, and will be forever doomed. Not so for your kids, thank the good Lord. You've done a great thing for them, and I'm sure they'll be very thankful to you in the future.

these are more like the Jets fans I grew up around and are friends/family with...we hate this ******* franchise...we hate everything about it...and if we had a choice (WE DO NOT), we would toss them out and never watch another ******* game ever, ever again, ever...the Jets are the family that you absolutely hate...can't live with them, can't live without them...

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

On 10/2/19...one boy and one girl.

I will accept your congratulations in advance.  Thank you.

I am 34 years old, my wife is 35 years old.  We lived in the NJ/NY/PA area (both originally hailing from Northern NJ--spent our final years prior to relocating in the Hoboken greater area) until the summer of 2013.  In the summer of 2013, we moved west to Los Angeles to join some family and friends who had moved out here years back + live a more "well rounded" lifestyle--in our rose colored little eyes...

I digress.  My dad had season Jets tickets from 1988-2017.  I have told you all, he put in for Giants and Jets tickets and (naturally so), Jets tickets were first available. Of course.  Thus,  I was essentially born  a Jets fan.  Born into a "Jets family".  I had no choice.  My dad passed this on to me.  We went to games through the 90s, 00s, 10s and saw all of the pain and suffering first hand...a few good years in the early to mid 2000s with the suspects you all know so well...many a Sunday my dad would SCREAM at the TV or SCREAM at the radio on the way home from the stadium when we went to games...he definitely showed us what real anger and being emotionally unhinged looks like thanks to the NY Jets...

Fast forward to 10/2/19...for the past 10+ years my wife (girlfriend at the time) have been together, she could NEVER understand why I was a Jets fan...why my family was Jets fans (she inherited no team from her family being from a family of girls with a "not interested in sports" dad...but she always dated Giants fans--they had it a "lot easier", according to what she tells me)...she would always and still does say, "I don't get it, can't you just PICK another team? Let's find another team!...any team, let's pick another one" and she would go on and on and on about this...and I would explain that one does not "PICK ANOTHER TEAM"...that's not how this works...this will NEVER be how it works...I never did it and I will NEVER do that...

So, now with my two 8 week old children sitting here, we have (over the past few weeks) made a family decision to NOT pass down the family Jet fandom to our children...we can't do it...we won't do it...it would be a form of emotional/psychological abuse and negligence and we are unable to pass this terrible, terrible situation on to our children.  We made a decision and I am at peace with it..

I was torn about it at first but, it makes sense...I have a choice to make...they will have a choice...we live in Southern CA, they will have options, they will have colleges to root for, or other NFL teams or, they can do like most Angelenos, and surf/hike/make art/do an interpretive dance etc. on Sundays while the rest of the world is glued to the TV...

I won't pass this onto my children...

Well done man. Greatest day of your life. Daughter myself.

Just check neither look like Cromartie and you're all good.

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

oh good lord

I actually have four kids my oldest son is 16 my daughter is 6 the twin boys are in the middle. It's awesome and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Well actually I traded my sanity my hair my money and my muscles. But the memories are priceless LOL! Good luck dude and definitely know that there are websites available for parents of multiples you should check them out. They offer all kinds of advice they offer a helping hand and there's also all kinds of double strollers Etc for sale on there if you need. One thing I wish I had known about was twin escalation syndrome. Look that up. In the meantime enjoy your new babies and if you have any questions hit me up.

8 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I actually have four kids my oldest son is 16 my daughter is 6 the twin boys are in the middle. It's awesome and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Well actually I traded my sanity my hair my money and my muscles. But the memories are priceless LOL! Good luck dude and definitely know that there are websites available for parents of multiples you should check them out. They offer all kinds of advice they offer a helping hand and there's also all kinds of double strollers Etc for sale on there if you need. One thing I wish I had known about was twin escalation syndrome. Look that up. In the meantime enjoy your new babies and if you have any questions hit me up.

just got them to sleep here (our little girl is a screamer), I will google all this crazy sh*t tomorrow...trying to take it one day a time here, I know I am in for some ******* sh*t...

• Upvote 1