I’m just feeling numb to this

Same old crap year after year.

I was so happy to get back on Long Island this week, and to actually get to watch the last 5 games at home. No, I didn’t think we’d make the playoffs, but after beating 3 bad teams, I was actually looking forward to a couple more easy wins today and against Miami before being jolted back to reality the last 3 weeks of the season.

Watching today, I couldn’t even work up any anger. I found myself laughing at the futility of this team, and some of the takes from people here in the game and post game threads. Normally I’m right in the middle of things, but today I realized what’s the point?

This team is horrible, and will be for a while. Any hope of them getting out of this mess rests with a GM who is completely unproven, and a HC who has done nothing in his career to inspire any confidence that he is the right man for this job..

The main problem though, and I think deep down we all realize this, is that this organization reeks of incompetence, from the owner to the last man on the practice squad. I honestly don’t see that changing soon.

Like I said in this thread title, I’m numb to it today, which could be a good sign. Now I only wish there was a way I could turn my back on this effing team once and for all.

• Upvote 3

I've been numb, apathetic, since the Fitztragic 6 INT game in Kansas City.

I let myself out of the coma for week 1 against Buffalo... went right back to sleep.

I dont know how most of you still get emotionally invested in this team.  I wont until this team puts a quality product together.  It has been particle board for years.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Id feel much better about the teams prospects if Douglas would have had the balls to trade Adams or Quinnen at the deadline despite all the bad press he would get.

The team needs a serious reset and moving good player in low priority positions to get good players at higher priority ones is the what to do it.

Douglas I have hopes for.  Gase was a bad mistake we will not get away from fro 2 or 3 more years.

I agree, I called for a complete tear down of the roster a few weeks in, when it was apparent how bad this team was.

We all HOPE Douglas knows what he’s doing.

We all HOPE Darnold, Gase, QW, Adams, and whoever else you want to name pans out, but let’s be honest.

How often do things work out for us?

I’m starting to think @Hackenberg - Banned might have been on to something with his theory about how certain teams always eventually win, and some just never will.

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

baker mayfield sucks. Sam >>>>>>>> Baker

Even this can’t fire me up, lol.

I’m watching each week as Jackson and Allen pass them both by.

My boy Baker is not getting better, and is probably regressing. Sam is just spinning his wheels. He looks the same to me as he did at the start of last year.

• Upvote 1

try this: if they're winning, watch.

If they aren't, don't. go out and do something positive. You can record it and watch if they have a comeback.

People make things into insurmountable obstacles when all it takes is a plan an action.

The Jets didn't win. In the grand scheme of anything, it really doesn't matter. They're better off not winning. And it was predictable: a desperate team, at home, with a great QB when there's little pressure (either by the defense or if the game matters a lot).

What were the Jets playing for? the playoffs?! hardly.

A dreary, predictable loss. So what?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This team is horrible, and will be for a while. Any hope of them getting out of this mess rests with a GM who is completely unproven, and a HC who has done nothing in his career to inspire any confidence that he is the right man for this job..

Is he unproven though? what about his previous experience? In his position, isn't better to see what and who actually is worth anything until the end of the year rather than making moves that could be the wrong ones in retrospective?

Come on, who here did not see this coming from miles away? The minute I heard Dalton was returning I knew what would happen. It is really hard to go winless in the NFL. Any given day anyone can beat anyone, except the Pats and the refs. So here come the Jets, into winless Miami, and into winless Cinci. The Jets are the team that EVERYONE wants to play because they mark it as a virtually automatic win. 

Today as was the case many times this season, the minute we fell behind 7-3 I considered it game over. They looked like they had no interest in competing.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Is he unproven though? what about his previous experience? In his position, isn't better to see what and who actually is worth anything until the end of the year rather than making moves that could be the wrong ones in retrospective?

I get what you’re saying, but think about it. We’re HOPING he's then going to make the right moves.

I have no idea how long you’ve been following this team, but how many times has the new guy we HOPE will make the right moves made them?

Hence, the @Hackenberg - BannedTheory. ?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Come on, who here did not see this coming from miles away? The minute I heard Dalton was returning I knew what would happen. It is really hard to go winless in the NFL. Any given day anyone can beat anyone, except the Pats and the refs. So here come the Jets, into winless Miami, and into winless Cinci. The Jets are the team that EVERYONE wants to play because they mark it as a virtually automatic win. 

Toda as was the case many times this season, the minute we fell behind 7-3 I considered it game over. They looked like they had no interest in competing.

Just read what you just wrote, my friend. You’re reinforcing my op, LOL

At what point do we all just become numb to this?

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

try this: if they're winning, watch.

If they aren't, don't. go out and do something positive. You can record it and watch if they have a comeback.

People make things into insurmountable obstacles when all it takes is a plan an action.

The Jets didn't win. In the grand scheme of anything, it really doesn't matter. They're better off not winning. And it was predictable: a desperate team, at home, with a great QB when there's little pressure (either by the defense or if the game matters a lot).

What were the Jets playing for? the playoffs?! hardly.

A dreary, predictable loss. So what?

As soon as I saw Dalton was coming back I already knew what would happen today. It is what it is....we know what this team is already. Think people got a little too excited during our little winning streak.

Joe Douglas and Sam Darnold are our only hopes for the foreseeable future...If Joe Douglas(and to a lesser extent Sam) turns into a flop it’s gonna be dark and gloomy around here for a long while 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Same old crap year after year.

I was so happy to get back on Long Island this week, and to actually get to watch the last 5 games at home. No, I didn’t think we’d make the playoffs, but after beating 3 bad teams, I was actually looking forward to a couple more easy wins today and against Miami before being jolted back to reality the last 3 weeks of the season.

Watching today, I couldn’t even work up any anger. I found myself laughing at the futility of this team, and some of the takes from people here in the game and post game threads. Normally I’m right in the middle of things, but today I realized what’s the point?

The main problem though, and I think deep down we all realize this, is that this organization reeks of incompetence, from the owner to the last man on the practice squad. I honestly don’t see that changing soon.

Like I said in this thread title, I’m numb to it today, which could be a good sign. Now I only wish there was a way I could turn my back on this effing team once and for all.

Sounds like PTSD. Look into that before watching next week.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Even this can’t fire me up, lol.

I’m watching each week as Jackson and Allen pass them both by.

My boy Baker is not getting better, and is probably regressing. Sam is just spinning his wheels. He looks the same to me as he did at the start of last year.

Jackson and Allen have real Olines. We need one before we can blame Darnold who when he has even ample time does pretty well. The Oline lost the game today, nobody else. 

Agreed. I’m numb to this team (and tbh somewhat to the NFL in general). It’s hard to believe we’re still this bad after missing the playoffs 8 years in a row. I can only imagine how bad things must be for Detroit Lions fans where it’s beem a never ending cycle of this type of football for their entire existence.

I am optimistic about Sam (who is still very young) and Joe D but that’s about it. Other than that, like someone else said, I watch more out of habit. Those back-to-back AFC CGs feel like forever ago. 

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed. I’m numb to this team (and tbh somewhat to the NFL in general). It’s hard to believe we’re still this bad after missing the playoffs 8 years in a row. I can only imagine how bad things must be for Detroit Lions fans where it’s beem a never ending cycle of this type of football for their entire existence.

I am optimistic about Sam (who is still very young) and Joe D but that’s about it. Other than that, like someone else said, I watch more out of habit. Those back-to-back AFC CGs feel like forever ago. 

Lions fans are completely numb.

I was in Detroit for the Jets game in 2010.  The Lions had that game wrapped up... the Jets played like sh*t for 56 minutes except for one play, a long TD pass to Braylon Edwards.   The Jets came back to tie out of nowhere and then won in OT.  The Lions fans walked out as if nothing happened.  Like "whatever."  I felt more sorry for them than I was happy the Jets won, but it was unnecessary.  They dont let the team sting them.

Many Jets fans are in the same place now.  I am.  More are on the way.