Maxman

Name one Jets offensive lineman that you definitely want back next year as a starter. You can't.

it's not right to make excuses but the officials did a real bad job.  i'm going to try and not be too jet biased but the compton non hold cost a 23 yard pass play and then there was another questionable call that brought back a nice run by bell.  and then there was the phony call in the end zone on beachum.  why a penalty in the end zone should result in such a stiff penalty (points plus change of possession) is beyond me.  and i suspect the db was interfering with anderson missed td pass.  granted robbie needs to catch that ball but the db was all over him.

it's hard to say for sure because the oline guys are so dependent on the guy playing next to them.  i know the line needs revamping but does that mean 3, 4 or 5?  one problem is it does take time for these players to work together and there are only so many practice sessions before the season starts.  want to go with free agents?  as others have said, the teams don't let their good tackles reach free agency and that may extend to centers and guards so the free agents are the guys who couldn't make a team or couldn't push an incumbent out or were pushed out because of a decline in play.  it's possible that some guys are pushed out because of blocking schemes.  we'll see. i think it's wishful thinking to think the jets will have a fully serviceable oline  on game one of next season.  there's still going to be some shuffling.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company