Maxman

Name one Jets offensive lineman that you definitely want back next year as a starter. You can't.

9 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

4FC2C4AF-A7A3-447F-93DA-053A64F5B3E5.thumb.jpeg.9b8445a63688b640613d8804285ecdc6.jpeg

I’m old enough to remember that people were defending this clown until the day he got fired and said it was fine he got to spend money and draft this offseason. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

To be fair, the healthy team we see on the field is nothing like we expected to see.  A fully healthy team is a playoff contender this year, they have been ravaged by injury and illness.  

Even with all the adversity we already have as many wins as we had a year ago.

Quit this. It’s not even remotely true. The offensive line sucked out loud even healthy. This was always a 4-6 win team. Please. 

33 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

If healthy this is a playoff caliber team.  Before yesterday people were talking playoffs.  If Sam never gets mono we have 2-3 more wins alone.  If relatively healthy this team was capable of competing, unfortunately they were destroyed by injuries, illness and suspensions. 

With all the injuries, illness and suspensions we've won 4 so to say 4-6 when healthy is beyond laughable.

They lost to the Dolphins and the Bengals. You’re insane. Stop. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

The dolphins now have 3 wins, the Bengals lost close games to Seattle, Pitt, Baltimore among others.

With everything going wrong we already have 4 wins.  

“Everything going wrong”. You mean letting Macc do FA and the draft? Or the hiring of Adam Gase?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

No I mean QB playing with mono week 1 then missing 3 weeks.

Backup QB not lasting a half and having to lay 3 games with a practice squad QB.

OL never playing together in preseason then dropping like flies once season begins

Big weapon at TE suspended to start the season then plays 1 game and is out for the year

Top WR out for the year

Best defensive player  and big FA signing didn't last through game 1 after losing another starting LB in preseason.

Losing all our corners

I can go on and on.  If you don't think we've had issues we couldn't control I can't help you.

The Steelers have been without Big Ben for weeks and they’re in the playoff hunt with an UDFA at the most important position and winning games. Don’t act like it can’t be done. Gase mailed in it for weeks and no one here cared to call him out on it. 

Injuries happen to every team. Coaching matters. The Jets have a bottom tier roster and a bottom tier head coach. Celebrating having 4 wins with one of the easiest schedules in the league is depressing. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

So because one UDFA succeeds it means all must? How were that doing lately with 3rd pick Mason Rudolph?

Tomlin has done his best coaching job, that has nothing to do with the Jets.

No. I’m saying Gase mailed it in when Sam was out and didn’t even try. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

That's a different argument but with no OL and a guy who wasn't ready to play in the NFL he was in an impossible spot.

No OL but a playoff roster? That doesn’t compute, hoss. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The OL we thought we had never really materialized.  On paper we had a much improved OL, they barely played together.

Again, you say 4-6 wins healthy but we had 4 after 11 games with a decimated roster.

What OL did you think we had? Question marks all along it? Even 100% healthy the line was below average. 

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

100% healthy it looked good on paper.  It takes time for an OL to be able to communicate and perform their best.  They Never played together in preseason so it was going to take a little while for them to come together.  They weren't going to be great but on paper we had an above average OL.  Unfortunately that barely played together and the OL has been worse than we've seen probably since the 2007 season.

Well we just have to agree to disagree because they were average to below average at multiple spots in an ideal scenario. Not one player was above average coming into this season. It’s crazy to think otherwise. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Ok but please explain how you said even completely healthy we'd only win 4-6 games when injury ravaged (and illness and suspensions) we already have 4 ?

Because even completely healthy, the offensive line is bad, the coaching is bad, there’s no pass rush, the secondary is garbage, and the weapons on offense are probably bottom third in the league. The QB has also underperformed. I’m not going to get in a “what if” game with you. This team is bad personnel wise and coaching wise. Period. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

7.5 wins per Vegas.  Sounds about right to me.  

They’ll be lucky to get to 5. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Always was a 4-6 win team except injury ravaged(including Sam's illness) we won 7 games. Imagine what a somewhat healthy roster could have done?  I think we'd be playing this weekend.

Which players that missed significant time would have changed losses to wins? It was a 4-6 win team talent wise, but they got lucky to play one of the worst schedules in the league. 

54 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They started 11-12 different OL, Enunwa played one game, Herndon one game, Thomas came late and was hurt a bunch of games, Sam missed 3 games and played one with mono, we lost most of our LBs, Adams missed a couple of games, Williams missed time.  Are you kidding me?

You said fully healthy it was a 4-6 win team, with the team as injury ravaged as we have ever seen they won 7.

Which games that they lost would they have won fully healthy?

Other teams had just as many injuries, with higher quality players and did better. 

The only reason they won 7 games is because they played terrible teams with backup QBs and the defense over performed. 

51 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

No team had as many injuries along with suspensions and Sam's illness.

They would have beat Buffalo week 1, could have beat Cleveland, Philly, Jax, Miami, Cincy, 

Look at the Eagles without their top three wideouts and top three running backs and then tell me again. 

Injuries are a part of the game. Now it’s a crutch and an excuse. I’m over the excuses. Time to put up or shut up in 2020. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Jets went 3-1 vs the NFC East (the lone loss coming with a practice squad QB) they would have had a chance to win that division and Philly didn't have anywhere near the injuries the Jets had.

The Jets are not in the NFC east. But. Cool. 

And Philly has more impactful injuries. That’s just facts. Better players at more important positions. 

Just now, nyjunc said:

The fact that their QB was healthy for 16 games and ours 12 negates that statement immediately.

The Eagles won a Super Bowl with a backup. Coaching matters. And Carson Wentz threw for 4K yards without one wide receiver having more than 500 yards. So please go somewhere else with your injury excuses. It doesn’t hold water. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

I can name 3:

Edoga

Harrison

Shell

LT and both G spots should be upgraded.  I'd be ok with Harrison remaining as starter at C.

Neither Shell or Edoga or Harrison should be brought back as a starter. They are all depth and below league average. All positions should be upgraded. 5 new starters isn’t out of the realm of possibility. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Carl: The 2019 Jets fielded zero starting-caliber offensive linemen.

Also Carl: How did we finish last in offense? It must be the evil coach 

So what were his excuses for finishing in the bottom tear everywhere else? I miss the old Tom who didn’t kowtow to a terrible coach and called people out for being bad. If it wasn’t for the defense and Gregg Williams, this is a 4 win team. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company