Maxman

Name one Jets offensive lineman that you definitely want back next year as a starter. You can't.

Not a single one. Shell can compete for the spot next year but not a single guy who is now starting, or started at some point this season can be penciled in as our starter. It’s that bad.

This was a very solid exercise for me. It made things very clear in my head. We’re worse than I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Revamping the OLine starts with a new OLine coach.
I’m sorry but the guy they now have must go.

I’m
Actually thinking the same thing. I was so excited that we nabbed Pollack but I’m not exactly delighted with the blocking schemes this season.

Beachum, when healthy, has been above average. As I said he was playing hurt last week. He is getting to the end of his career but put him on a team like New Orleans he'd be starting and no one would say he was bad. Darnold held the ball forever last week. 
Alex Lewis was a starter in Baltimore and he's a starter here 
Edoga has all the skills to be a starting tackle but he's 21 
Shell is not garbage he's a replacement level starter maybe a swing tackle. 
Compton and Harrison are garbage (but Darnold managed to play awesome with Harrison last season)
they have 2 holes mostly interior they don't need to draft 5 linemen or go lineman 1-2 like people say. Edge rush is a worse need, CB is pretty bad too. 
Coaching is probably the worst need on the team right now 

Interesting. I have said many times that i respect your views on the OL but I disagree. Not with the sentiment that guys like Beachum and Shell aren’t “ok” but that we shouldn’t look to upgrade the entire unit this offseason.

Me? I would like dominance there. Not serviceable. Big holes for the RB. Steady and consistent time for the QB. Our guys can have good games and I still like Lewis, Compton and Edoga but they have the tendency to completely sh*t the bed as a unit and that cant happen as consistently as it does.

I’d go OL with the 1st and both 3rds with WR getting the nod at second unless there is an obvious slide we can’t ignore. Ya know... like the best player in the draft still sitting there for us. Now how can we ignore that?? 🤣

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Alex Lewis i want back next year as a starter 

change my mind 

Id look to see him have the ability to compete for the job. I don't see anyone benefiting from being penciled in as the starter at this point. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company