Name one Jets offensive lineman that you definitely want back next year as a starter. You can't.

Maxman

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think Beachum, Harrison and Lewis will all be back. Hard to replace everyone at once, if Beachum is starting at LT it will be interesting to see if Edoga gets stronger. He could be in the mix at RT, they like him. Then a center early in the draft and a guard in free agency (both definite starters hopefully). Lewis competes against a late round guard?

Nailed it, there has been a lot of complementary talk about Beachum on the Jets Own site.

We will over pay again for him, because we have nothing at Tackle on this team. Harrison and Lewis are no brainers. They at very least quality back up’s, who can play at a reasonable level. 

We aren’t getting 5 new starters on the OL relax

most likely Jets resign Beachum.  Start Harrison again at Center - if they did that from the start and signed Ficken it’s a different season

I think they trade Adams for a pick, draft Thomas or Wirfs to start at RT and sign Brandon Scherff or Andrus Peat

LT: Beachum

LG: Scherff or Peat

C Harrison

RG: Compton

RT: Thomas or Wirfs

• Upvote 1

Scherff is a natural right guard. Also, you're dreaming with wirfs at 11.

Lewis is a leader, Mark my words he's the starting LG opening day 2020.

We aren’t getting 5 new starters on the OL relax

most likely Jets resign Beachum.  Start Harrison again at Center - if they did that from the start and signed Ficken it’s a different season

I think they trade Adams for a pick, draft Thomas or Wirfs to start at RT and sign Brandon Scherff or Andrus Peat

LT: Beachum
LG: Scherff or Peat
C Harrison
RG: Compton
RT: Thomas or Wirfs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

20 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Neither Shell or Edoga or Harrison should be brought back as a starter. They are all depth and below league average. All positions should be upgraded. 5 new starters isn’t out of the realm of possibility. 

Carl: The 2019 Jets fielded zero starting-caliber offensive linemen.

Also Carl: How did we finish last in offense? It must be the evil coach 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Scherff is a natural right guard. Also, you're dreaming with wirfs at 11.

Lewis is a leader, Mark my words he's the starting LG opening day 2020.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Can we put Alex Lewis on a few cycles of premium juice so he stops getting blowed up at the point of attack every play? 

• Upvote 1

Joe D is going to sign one of the major OL free agents as well as another OL of some sort (probably depth we have to buy a CB too lol). They've already come out and said OL is the priority thank god. So my guess would be we resign Lewis and Beachum, sign Thuney or Scherff and then draft one of 9 OTs that will be there in the 1st 2 rounds. Beachum plays RT/LT depending on how the draft and free agency shake out, Lewis LG/RG and then Chuma back up RT. Fill in the other spots with your favorite free agent and prospects it’s fun 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Carl: The 2019 Jets fielded zero starting-caliber offensive linemen.

Also Carl: How did we finish last in offense? It must be the evil coach 

So what were his excuses for finishing in the bottom tear everywhere else? I miss the old Tom who didn’t kowtow to a terrible coach and called people out for being bad. If it wasn’t for the defense and Gregg Williams, this is a 4 win team. 

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So what were his excuses for finishing in the bottom tear everywhere else? I miss the old Tom who didn’t kowtow to a terrible coach and called people out for being bad. If it wasn’t for the defense and Gregg Williams, this is a 4 win team. 

Carl, if it’s like this in the latter part of next year and beyond, I’ll get after Gase. It’s not pro-Gase to say that the team was going to suck this year regardless of who was coaching it. The personnel has been handled horribly for six-plus years and those bills are coming due now. Sacrificing Gase (or any HC we could have hired) for the mistakes of Tannenbaum/Idzik/Maccagnan would be silly. The team sucked, it was always going to suck, and we have to hope the sucking stops with Joe Douglas and whoever it is at head coach moving forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Said at the dawn of training camp offense would rise or fall on whether Osemele was a player. 

He was not. 

Plausible Beachum could be  RT, may be you could salvage another piece as a guard, and keep a few others around as backups/depth. But would expect at least 3 new OL starters next year. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/31/2019 at 3:41 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Neither Shell or Edoga or Harrison should be brought back as a starter. They are all depth and below league average. All positions should be upgraded. 5 new starters isn’t out of the realm of possibility. 

This is not realistic, and all 3 of those players are better than you are giving them credit for.  I will say that I like Shell at RT, and I want a stud at LT.  I'm not sure Edoga is a stud, and is probably a better player at RT.  I'm also not sure if Edoga is that much better than Shell.  Either way, Edoga and/or Shell at RT, we are solid.  Harrison performed pretty well at C when Kalil went down and was actually an upgrade.  He's young and still developing.   He's improving, and has real nice size as a C.

Upgrading at LT, LG and maybe at RG is more realistic.  Alex Smith could fill one of the two OG spots and is a solid player.

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Adam Gase is the head coach.

Adam Gase hired Gregg Williams.

People hate everything about Gase and won't even give him credit for setting up a model that worked well on defense last season.

He's EARNED the right to coach this team for another season. Gase is not perfect, not even close. But this season is his best as a HC.

I dont want to see any of them back. I would accept having Beachum and Lewis back as starters if the other 3 positions have average to above average starters. 

My hope is for the Jets to get a premium OL player and a modest OL player. Then draft OL in the first. Something like

LT Beachum; LG Lewis; C Biadasz (1st RD Pick); RG Glasgow (FA from DET); RT Vaitai (FA from PHI)

Or go OT (Wirfs if he is there or Leatherwood) in the 1st and shuffle Glasgow to OC Vaitai to RG.

Getting versatile OL players in FA is going to be key when you have so many holes.