Okay Joe Douglas..

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

You want to prop that up with some details/facts?

@CrazyCarl40 is most likely going by a story someone linked here earlier I believe.

The Eagles drafts haven’t been that great the last few years, and Ozzie Newsome was the person running the Ravens.

If people here want to feel he’s learned all there is to know by working in these two organizations, that’s fine. They’re being positive about it, however there is nothing to really support that view. 

His background seems to be as solid as any first time GMs could be, but we really have no idea how he will actually perform in the role here.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

@CrazyCarl40 is most likely going by a story someone linked here earlier I believe.

The Eagles drafts haven’t been that great the last few years, and Ozzie Newsome was the person running the Ravens.

If people here want to feel he’s learned all there is to know by working in these two organizations, that’s fine. They’re being positive about it, however there is nothing to really support that view. 

His background seems to be as solid as any first time GMs could be, but we really have no idea how he will actually perform in the role here.

That’s really it.   We may like his qualifications prior to coming here, but until we see some free agency periods and some drafts, we have no idea how he will be.  People were optimistic about Maccagnan because he had a scouting background,  but he presided over the worst 5 year draft stretch that any GM has ever had with this franchise.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Good post, Baker. This is it^ 

he’s got about the best qualifications a first time GM can have. Guy is wearing two super bowl rings and has been around for 16+ years working with some great minds. His ideology may very well be of the right kind because of that but the biggest question will be can he draft the correct players to fulfill the success of that very blueprint.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

He basically ran the draft for the Eagles the last 3 years and it hasn’t gone well. I’m willing to give him a chance, but I’m very weary of any guy who supports Adam Gase as head coach as an evaluator of humans. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, JetFanatic said:

-Le'Veon Bell;  I love the kid and what he's all about when it comes to football but if they can trade him for a decent return (2nd round maaaaybe 3rd) I'm letting him go because I can get another really good RB in this draft at a much cheaper price.  The money that is saved can be put towards improving the OL.

How much "dead money" would the Jets have to absorb if they do trade Bell? Are his guarantees fulfilled? Not sure about that. I happen to like Bell and hope Gase gets his head out of his a$$ and decides to utilize Bell to help Darnold. I want a Jets team that runs the ball and imposes it's will on it's opponent. Maybe that is too much to ask from the "offensive genius" Gase, who is so determined to prove he is just that - but he can't see the forest for the trees.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:30 AM, JetFanatic said:

I agree.  I think it starts with drafting a stud LT.  There are a few names being thrown around as potential first round LTs so hopefully they can land one of them.  Either Andre Thomas, Tristan Wirfs or Jedrick Wills who's draft stock is rising.

JD needs to sign or trade for 2 top OL that are young and rising. No more of these over the hill FA’s that we’re once prominent. Then draft the best 2 OL you can with your top 2 picks. Still need 1 more OLineman. There’s only so many plugs available to repair a cracked dam.

8CB060E6-7E4E-4EF2-815D-C21F017E62F5.jpeg