287 Days

JohnnyLV

The number of days until we actually see a Jets game that matters again. 

Will we be able to make enough changes to fix the mess McLoser left? I doubt it.

Will we have a good draft? Hopefully, but a complete unknown.

Will we overspend on useless opportunity cost killing Free agents? You betcha...loser Johnson twiddle dee and twiddle dumber love "winning" the free agency period

Will Sam Darnold be perpetually ragged on for the next 287 days by the same group of trolls that are infecting this site? Oh, have no doubt.

Will Gase learn from this season? Adjust the brain dead run game concepts? Build an offense for Darnold? Develop rhythm on the offense? Very unlikely. 

Gonna be a really long 9 months

Bonus question: Will the refs continue to call every ticky tack penalty against the Jets and mostly ignore all penalties by our opponents next year?  It will be a secret "point of emphasis". In all honesty I see it happen to other teams too. I truly think there is an element of the WWE in the NFL. They will be "flexible" in how they call games to protect the marquee marchups that bring the TV ratings from their valued 6 teams.

Will I be a bitch and stick to this team? Of course.

• Sympathy 1

The officiating is terrible for everyone. It’s probably not going to get any better any time soon. 

The frustrating part of this whole thing is that we were just came out of a three year rebuild with the previous GM. Now Douglas is going to probably require another 2-3 years to fix the mess that McCagnan made this offseason. 

We also still don’t know if we have a franchise QB. I’m not a Darnold fan, but even I’ll admit they are putting way too much on his plate. It can’t be fun trying drop back 50 times with this OL blocking for you, and zero running game support. That said fans are getting way too emotional with Darnold. We all want him to succeed, but have every right now be skeptical. 

I am confident that we do not have the answer at HC. My prediction is that the Gase/Darnold era will end after 2020 and the Jets will hire a new HC and draft a new QB in 2021. 

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Will we overspend on useless opportunity cost killing Free agents? You betcha...loser Johnson twiddle dee and twiddle dumber love "winning" the free agency period

1. Jets don’t have players they can resign and spend money on. 
2. You are REQUIRED to spend money. 
3. Spending in FA will NOT be by choice. 
4. It’s easy to call out the owner but exceptionally hard to understand points 1-3. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CurtMart said:

1. Jets don’t have players they can resign and spend money on. 
2. You are REQUIRED to spend money. 
3. Spending in FA will NOT be by choice. 
4. It’s easy to call out the owner but exceptionally hard to understand points 1-3. 

You have to spend that money by a certain year not every year, and it does not need to be used on high priced free agents. It can be used on a lot of mid tier FAs as an example, or signing our own core.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Will we be able to make enough changes to fix the mess McLoser left? I doubt it.

Douglas will try.  Only thing we can ask for at this stage.

Will we have a good draft? Hopefully, but a complete unknown.

Same as every draft.  

Opportunity cost implies we have a better player sitting waiting or available to acquire for cheap while the overpriced FA plays.  

Again, Douglas will try an improve the team, using any tool available, presumably including Free Agents.  Free Agency itself isn't bad if the decisions made in FA are good, and we don't know if they will be yet or not from Douglas.

Will Sam Darnold be perpetually ragged on for the next 287 days by the same group of trolls that are infecting this site? Oh, have no doubt.

Thru his first 22 games, he's basically a clone of Patrick Ramsey, production-wise, with better players and coaches than Ramsey had, amazing as that is. 

If I told you that would be the case the day he was drafted, I'd have received 10,000 butt-fumbles, yet here we are.

Of course he will face scrutiny, but his job in 2020 is as secure as Fort Knox, as it should be.

Will Gase learn from this season? Adjust the brain dead run game concepts? Build an offense for Darnold? Develop rhythm on the offense? Very unlikely. 

I'm not a Gase fan, didn't want him hired, and don't believe in him or his future here.

With that said, his future is almost as secure as Darnold's, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Gonna be a really long 9 months

Always is.  Thank god for Baseball.  I suggest you find other interests as well.

Bonus question: Will the refs continue to call every ticky tack penalty against the Jets and mostly ignore all penalties by our opponents next year?

Take off the tin foil hats, it makes you look stupid.  There is no anti-Jet or Anti-specific-teams Ref conspiracy.

That's up to you.  No one is forcing you.  No one cares if you switch teams, or just stop watching the NFL altogether.  

Do it if it makes you happy, don't if it don't.  Or not.  You do you.  Just don't complain about it if you choose to do it.