Jump to content

Somehow the Jets are favored by 6 points over the Dolphins this week


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Because handicappers don’t let their emotions flop around like a fish

Yup.

The Bengals game was always an accident waiting to happen. Underperforming team, seriously upgrading at QB, playing the game they’d probably marked on the calendar as their best shot at winning.

We should beat Miami. It’s the Jets though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Yup.

The Bengals game was always an accident waiting to happen. Underperforming team, seriously upgrading at QB, playing the game they’d probably marked on the calendar as their best shot at winning.

We should beat Miami. It’s the Jets though.

But NFL teams tank! And other conspiracy theories brought to you by Jets fans.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think by game day this line drops to around 4.5 

Very possible. It will not be a very watched game. Looks like it’s going to be another red zone weekend for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, heymangold said:

What makes you think “we should beat Miami”?  They lost to them earlier in the season and Miami has looked competent (3-2) since the jets giving them their first win.  It’s a pick em in my mind.

I’m kind of in agreement with you that this is more of a pickem type game.  Miami has played much better of late while the Jets are up and down.  Before I looked, I  thought the line was going to be Jets -1 (just because we’re the home team) and was shocked to see -6. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, heymangold said:

What makes you think “we should beat Miami”?  They lost to them earlier in the season and Miami has looked competent (3-2) since the jets giving them their first win.  It’s a pick em in my mind.

They are terrible, so are the teams they beat and yes so are we.

Basically because we’re at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, heymangold said:

What makes you think “we should beat Miami”?  They lost to them earlier in the season and Miami has looked competent (3-2) since the jets giving them their first win.  It’s a pick em in my mind.

The bs overturned td pass to griffin changed that game

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know we’re the home team but this line seems out of line.  How can we be giving another NFL team 6 points after what happened yesterday? 

Oddsmakers are smarter than emotional Jets fans that overreact to every win or loss. 

We beat the Cowboys: OMG we are great. 

We get crushed by the Jags/Pats: OMG we are the worst team ever. 

We win 3 in a row: OMG we are amazing. 

We lose to the Bengals: OMG how can we be  6pt favorites. 

Oddsmakers know we are capable of losing to the Bengals (which is why we were only 3pt favorites), but they also know that we have some decent firepower and could easily crush the Fish at home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Darnold is playing well and it seems like we have the secondary figured out at this point (Adams injury pending). Even though we lost yesterday to the Bengals we are a better team than when we faced Miami the first time.

With that said, us being favored by 6 is a little absurd and I would expect that line to come down during the week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Oddsmakers are smarter than emotional Jets fans that overreact to every win or loss. 

We beat the Cowboys: OMG we are great. 

We get crushed by the Jags/Pats: OMG we are the worst team ever. 

We win 3 in a row: OMG we are amazing. 

We lose to the Bengals: OMG how can we be  6pt favorites. 

Oddsmakers know we are capable of losing to the Bengals (which is why we were only 3pt favorites), but they also know that we have some decent firepower and could easily crush the Fish at home. 

Let's see if it stays at 6 by game time.  I suspect that number is going to go down by at least a point (though I'm thinking even more than that).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...