So I Called It A Trap Game

LRJets

I wouldn't call it a trap game, we were 4-7.  This was another prosperity game.  Just like in the Bowles era whenever good things started happening and they started getting some positive press they fell flat on their faces.  This team wasn't going to the playoffs, they weren't running the table but yesterday and next week were critical games to see if we had turned a corner and they couldn't have failed more if they tried.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Trap from what. Just a bad team losing to a bad team.

Did they just lose to an inferior team? One they should have beaten? It was a trap game because the Jets were actually favored to win. It was a game were actually supposed to win. Any team that has designs on something better MUST beat the team's they are supposed to beat. It was trap game because of that and our team failed  that test.

• WTF? 1

31 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

A sh*tty team playing against a QB that normally kills then. You really knocked that one out of the park. 

He didn't call that game. He merely said it was a trap game. I didn't predict anything either, I just agreed it was a trap game and the Jets most certainly got trapped.

This was the most unacceptable performance of the year bar none. In fact one of the worst performances I have ever witnessed from the NYJ and that’s saying a lot. 

You couldn’t even get into the RZ against the worst defense in the NFL? With most of your starters healthy. 

This was a complete no show.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Did they just lose to an inferior team? One they should have beaten? It was a trap game because the Jets were actually favored to win. It was a game were actually supposed to win. Any team that has designs on something better MUST beat the team's they are supposed to beat. It was trap game because of that and our team failed  that test.

So any time a favorite loses it’s a trap game. Interesting perspective.

• Upvote 1

"Trap Game''

:rl::rl::rl::rl::rl::rl::rl:.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The Bengals have talent they are just a horribly coached football team 

That’s the truth.  I’ve been a Bengals fan for decades and we didn’t know how good we had it with Marvin Lewis until he got fired.  Marvin wasn’t great but he’s better than this teenager we have now.