Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jetster

In hindsight

Recommended Posts

90% of this board was 100% right that Macc was not building this team correctly or drafting important positions based on where they were drafting. He constantly ignored the Oline, drafted DTs over & over, consecutive Safeties at #1 & #2 once, made horrific free agent plays (Tru & Bell), missed on WRs by choosing straight line 9 guys like Devin Smith, while he passed on many, many guys starting all over this league like Kenny Golladay. He missed on Stewart & Hansen, he picked the worst player out of the big 3 (Josh Allen, Ed Oliver), so after 5 drafts, Jet fans got to sit down in their recliners & witness a team with absolutely Zero offensive lineman that would start on any team other than here in NY, no CBs that can play man to man, not one pass rusher on the roster, and depth so thin at WR, that when a guy like Crowder gets hurt, our QB has to focus on a guy like Robbie Anderson who would be a 3rd WR on most teams in this league. 

We all keep hoping something will click from these choices, like Shepard or Bless surprising, but what we celebrate is the possibility that these guys are just competent NFL players let alone getting to the next level. I personally have never seen a team so devoid of talent at such important positions. You can't run a basic offense if you can't run the ball. You can't get off the field on defense if you give WRs 10 yard cushions, provide zero pass rush & the opposing QB is a veteran like Andy Dalton.

Josh Allen went to a team 1 year ahead of the Jets with a competent HC, a new GM & a plan that included building the Oline so he could operate. They built a very good secondary & added pcs like Ed Oliver to their Dline. They are doing everything Jet fans were screaming for that idiot Macaggnon to do for years. I'm sorry, I keep defending Gase because he came here wanting to win just like you or I, but you can't ignore just how f*cking horribly this roster constructed right now. Coming to this team after Macc built it was like picking sides in dodge ball where you get the skinny kid with the taped bottle glasses because your picking last. 

You can't develop an offense with terrible players, it's impossible. Look up in New England where Tom Brady is struggling because they've had some injuries on the Oline, trying to work in some young WRs like Harry, Edelman playing with a bad shoulder, ect. And they have a STABLE of RBs like Michel, White, Burkhead! They're struggling & that offensive roster is like an All Star team compared to what Gase is working with here. 

Forget Adam Gase, you can't win with so many holes this team has, the guy that we all need to believe is the 2nd coming of Ozzie Newsome is Joe Douglas. He's no idiot man, he looked at this roster & told Chris Johnson, I need at least 6 years! Everything going forward will ride on Joe Douglas making the right decisions to turn this Jet team around. With Sam here he's our only hope. If he fails chances are we all meet our maker without seeing a Super Bowl with the Jets in it ever. I still can't believe these moron owners got him to come here. Watching this year Douglas knows he's got his work cut out for him. I loved his confident press conference, this is what guys like him dream about, taking a team from the dregs to the top of the mountain. I wish him luck, he's our last hope for sure. 

 

 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

 
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best part of this post is the copy/pasted price, shipping and manufacturer info

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Integrity28 said:

Best part of this post is the copy/pasted price, shipping and manufacturer info

I thought the best part was pretending that 90% of the board was saying Macc was the problem.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we get it. We are all mad. No need to start another thread bychin about what we all know and think.

its been mentioned a thousand times.

have a great day

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good post at a good time, thanks Jetster.  The trolls of course will eat you alive but just know some here appreciate your positivity.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

90% of this board was 100% right that Macc was not building this team correctly or drafting important positions based on where they were drafting. He constantly ignored the Oline, drafted DTs over & over, consecutive Safeties at #1 & #2 once, made horrific free agent plays (Tru & Bell), missed on WRs by choosing straight line 9 guys like Devin Smith, while he passed on many, many guys starting all over this league like Kenny Golladay. He missed on Stewart & Hansen, he picked the worst player out of the big 3 (Josh Allen, Ed Oliver), so after 5 drafts, Jet fans got to sit down in their recliners & witness a team with absolutely Zero offensive lineman that would start on any team other than here in NY, no CBs that can play man to man, not one pass rusher on the roster, and depth so thin at WR, that when a guy like Crowder gets hurt, our QB has to focus on a guy like Robbie Anderson who would be a 3rd WR on most teams in this league. 

We all keep hoping something will click from these choices, like Shepard or Bless surprising, but what we celebrate is the possibility that these guys are just competent NFL players let alone getting to the next level. I personally have never seen a team so devoid of talent at such important positions. You can't run a basic offense if you can't run the ball. You can't get off the field on defense if you give WRs 10 yard cushions, provide zero pass rush & the opposing QB is a veteran like Andy Dalton.

Josh Allen went to a team 1 year ahead of the Jets with a competent HC, a new GM & a plan that included building the Oline so he could operate. They built a very good secondary & added pcs like Ed Oliver to their Dline. They are doing everything Jet fans were screaming for that idiot Macaggnon to do for years. I'm sorry, I keep defending Gase because he came here wanting to win just like you or I, but you can't ignore just how f*cking horribly this roster constructed right now. Coming to this team after Macc built it was like picking sides in dodge ball where you get the skinny kid with the taped bottle glasses because your picking last. 

You can't develop an offense with terrible players, it's impossible. Look up in New England where Tom Brady is struggling because they've had some injuries on the Oline, trying to work in some young WRs like Harry, Edelman playing with a bad shoulder, ect. And they have a STABLE of RBs like Michel, White, Burkhead! They're struggling & that offensive roster is like an All Star team compared to what Gase is working with here. 

Forget Adam Gase, you can't win with so many holes this team has, the guy that we all need to believe is the 2nd coming of Ozzie Newsome is Joe Douglas. He's no idiot man, he looked at this roster & told Chris Johnson, I need at least 6 years! Everything going forward will ride on Joe Douglas making the right decisions to turn this Jet team around. With Sam here he's our only hope. If he fails chances are we all meet our maker without seeing a Super Bowl with the Jets in it ever. I still can't believe these moron owners got him to come here. Watching this year Douglas knows he's got his work cut out for him. I loved his confident press conference, this is what guys like him dream about, taking a team from the dregs to the top of the mountain. I wish him luck, he's our last hope for sure. 

 

 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

 

wouldn't exactly call bell a horrific free agent play.  he comes to play every game.  imo most of the points are valid.  but at the same time there's nothing wrong with many of these players being competent nfl players.  to me this means they are good, not great.  the problem with the jets is they don't even have a lot of these average players so there's no margin for error.  hoepfully they'll be able to fill out the roster with more average players and then sprinkle in some impact players.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I at least know now what are and aren't the problems here.  I'm almost 100% sure that Sam Darnold is the right guy or at least the best we could hope for at QB.  He can absolutely be a Top 10-12 QB in the NFL.  I know the OLine is a complete train wreck that is neither talented nor deep.  We start backup caliber players on a weekly basis up and down the line, not just at one spot like many teams are occasionally forced to do.  We know the team is devoid of weapons and the ones that we possibly do have like Bell are neutered because of all the other problems on offense with the Line, the scheme and the lack of a real passing game threat.  The one thing I'm still not sure about is the coaching.  Some weeks Gase and Williams really have their sh!t together like they did vs. the Raiders.  Then we see games like Miami and Cincinnati and it's like WTF?  It feels like there are just too many variables to accurately assess the coaching correctly right now.  Make no mistake, yesterday was bad all the way around, but this isn't like a Jason Garrett situation where it's plain to see the guy is being outcoached and not getting as much as he could out of an All Pro roster.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I feel like I at least know now what are and aren't the problems here.  I'm almost 100% sure that Sam Darnold is the right guy or at least the best we could hope for at QB.  He can absolutely be a Top 10-12 QB in the NFL.  I know the OLine is a complete train wreck that is neither talented nor deep.  We start backup caliber players on a weekly basis up and down the line, not just at one spot like many teams are occasionally forced to do.  We know the team is devoid of weapons and the ones that we possibly do have like Bell are neutered because of all the other problems on offense with the Line, the scheme and the lack of a real passing game threat.  The one thing I'm still not sure about is the coaching.  Some weeks Gase and Williams really have their sh!t together like they did vs. the Raiders.  Then we see games like Miami and Cincinnati and it's like WTF?  It feels like there are just too many variables to accurately assess the coaching correctly right now.  Make no mistake, yesterday was bad all the way around, but this isn't like a Jason Garrett situation where it's plain to see the guy is being outcoached and not getting as much as he could out of an All Pro roster.

If you have a bad team, bad sh*t happens. Look at Oakland, they were riding along at 6-4 & then got HAMMERED by a bad Jet team 34-3. Yesterday they lost 40-9, they are in their 2nd year with Gruden & Mayock. 74-12 in the last 2 games. We are in the bottom half of the league where you can throw everyone into a bag & pick out a winner & a loser every week but does it really matter? The only thing that matters in the NFL is getting to the playoffs, NOTHING CARRIES OVER from one season to another. Injuries derail teams every year in the NFL. Once your out of the playoffs, it doesn't matter, the season is essentially over & the players know that. How many guys on this roster are comfortable their position on this team is safe? Not 1 offensive lineman on this team is safe! Believe me, if you suck in the NFL you know it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

NOTHING CARRIES OVER from one season to another

There’s actually one thing that carries over pretty well, and is also highly correlated with winning consistently. But I don’t think you’re going to like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..and the same people who told Mac was an idiot are telling you Gase is a bad coach...so be sure to save this post so you can swap out Mac/Gase for Gase / Douglas next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...