gase failed game planning 101

kmnj

yes a real shocker our coach got out coached again-the bengals are bad against the run every casual fan knows this-at home they are even worse against the run-so what does our coach do he gives Bell the Ball ten times and lets Sam throw 48 times.I understand we got behind but the game plan from the start was bad. Our coach is just not a good one sad but true. He is what his record said in Miami and what it says for the Jets. Yes another Gase is bad thread. When you lose against the worst two teams in the NFl in the same season(when we played them both had zero wins) that tells you all you need to know)

I know the talent level is not the same on the lines in particular but man what a contrast watching Tomlin's team yesterday-down to their 4th string qb-missing their best RB and best WR(forget about the  fact that they lost bell and brown last year) guy on suspension and he has them heading to the playoffs probably. Tomlin is putting together one hell of a season with the injuries they have been dealing with. Do I expect Gase to be on the same level as Tomlin nope I dont but the contrast with amazing. One team ran the perfect game plan on both sides of the ball and one ran a terrible game on both sides of the ball.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

yes a real shocker our coach got out coached again-the bengals are bad against the run every casual fan knows this-at home they are even worse against the run-so what does our coach do he gives Bell the Ball ten times and lets Sam throw 48 times.I understand we got behind but the game plan from the start was bad. Our coach is just not a good one sad but true. He is what his record said in Miami and what it says for the Jets. Yes another Gase is bad thread. When you lose against the worst two teams in the NFl in the same season(when we played them both had zero wins) that tells you all you need to know)

I know the talent level is not the same on the lines in particular but man what a contrast watching Tomlin's team yesterday-down to their 4th string qb-missing their best RB and best WR(forget about the  fact that they lost bell and brown last year) guy on suspension and he has them heading to the playoffs probably. Tomlin is putting together one hell of a season with the injuries they have been dealing with. Do I expect Gase to be on the same level as Tomlin nope I dont but the contrast with amazing. One team ran the perfect game plan on both sides of the ball and one ran a terrible game on both sides of the ball.

During the Jets historic 3-game winning streak, we ran for 76 yards, 115 yards, and 88 yards, respectively.  On the season, as a team, the Jets have broken 100 yards just that one time.  Advanced metrics put us at 3rd worst in the league on the ground.  Perhaps a large chunk of the reason we didn't run the ball down their throats, like the announcers told us we should, is because we are absolutely dreadful in the running game?

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, kmnj said:

hard to say that considering the players that he is working with on the oline.  two big plays were called back because of oline infractions (even though they were ticky tacky) and then they got the safety and loss of possession, again on a ticky tacky foul.  i know the talking heads were all wondering why the jets weren't going outside with their run game but maybe it's because they don't block well enough.  at some point you can only call the plays the team is capable of running.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Y3k said:

We suck dick at running the ball and you want to run more? What lost the game was the back to back to back runs after the missed field goal...

We also suck at throwing the ball, with advanced metrics having us at 3rd worst in the league there too, and the rating be better, but probably not statistically significantly so, than running.  But at least when you do make positive plays in the passing game, they're for greater yards.

You can't just game plan away terrible.

12 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

During the Jets historic 3-game winning streak, we ran for 76 yards, 115 yards, and 88 yards, respectively.  On the season, as a team, the Jets have broken 100 yards just that one time.  Advanced metrics put us at 3rd worst in the league on the ground.  Perhaps a large chunk of the reason we didn't run the ball down their throats, like the announcers told us we should, is because we are absolutely dreadful in the running game?

We didn't even try to attack the opponents biggest weakness. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

We didn't even try to attack the opponents biggest weakness. 

Perhaps because their biggest weakness is also ours.  We're just as bad at running as they are at defending it.  It's a wash.  Additionally, when we tried, we took penalties.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

WE CANT RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!

HERE, SAY IT IN HERM EDWARDS VOICE SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHY HE DOESNT RUN THE BALL MORE!

READY?

WE CANT RUN THE BALL!

HELLO? 

WE CANT RUN THE BALL!

so we instead targeted their teams strengths-how did that work out?

• Upvote 2

The bengals are vulnerable to the outside run.  bell cant get to the outside cause he too slow.  So we just pounded it up the middle and got nowhere.

They will do everything they can to move bell in the offseason.  We need a running back who has some speed.  This dude is slow as molasses.

When you make bilal powell look like he was shot out of a cannon, you are slow!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The bengals are vulnerable to the outside run.  bell cant get to the outside cause he too slow.  So we just pounded it up the middle and got nowhere.

They will do everything they can to move bell in the offseason.  We need a running back who has some speed.  This dude is slow as molasses.

When you make bilal powell look like he was shot out of a cannon, you are slow!!!!!!!

Trade bell sign Hunt 

Gase has no feel for the game I was at the game yesterday the only time the jets moved the ball at all in the 2nd half was when we were in no huddle passing so what does Gase do? Draw plays on 1st and 2nd after we get a couple good first downs

This is after Gase didn’t run the ball in the first half

Gase just sucks.  I don’t have high hopes for JD

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Ill take it even a step further for you, WE CANNOT RUN THE BALL TO THE OUTSIDE, we cant seal the edge and our outside zone game is absolutely horrific.  So despite Archuletas super stout advice and coaching acumen of "run to the outside" . It just isnt the strength of this team AT ALL. 

The jets actually did a decent job of pushing the pile and grounding out yards in the middle in the beginning of the game. Eventually though anything good that was done was wiped out by penalty. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bell isn't  slow. I have no idea where you get this from. The guy has elite burst and quickness. Powell runs full speed at the line hoping there is a hole he hits, Bell looks for creases to develop he can slither through with jump cuts. That doesn't  mean he is slow. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Perhaps because their biggest weakness is also ours.  We're just as bad at running as they are at defending it.  It's a wash.  Additionally, when we tried, we took penalties.

Perhaps the Jets would have better rushing statistics if they ran the ball more against teams that are awful defending the run.

• Upvote 1

There was no mental edge by this team the players came out flat. No game plan can overcome that. Poor blocking and lack of effort equals many holding penalties. Bad field position all day. Later in the game you could see Jets players didn't want to be there. And Bengals players did. 

Prior to the 2 minute O at the end of the 1st half we ran it 9 times and passed 16 times.  We passed 10 times on the final drive which skewed things.

To start the 2nd half we tried to run and had a 3 and out then a safety.  

A combo of playing from behind and a million penalties kept putting us in passing situations.  Nothing was working in that be 2nd half, in the 1st half we threw it well minus penalties and drops (including a dropped TD).

I don't think the issue was the gameplan, I think it was getting his team ready to play with the same fight they showed the previous 3 weeks.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Bell isn't  slow. I have no idea where you get this from. The guy has elite burst and quickness. Powell runs full speed at the line hoping there is a hole he hits, Bell looks for creases to develop he can slither through with jump cuts. That doesn't  mean he is slow. 

Bell is a 4.6 guy coming out.  Knee surgiries and age probably have him in the 4.7 or 4.8 range by now.

Elite burst and quickness???  Hahahahahaha.

Too funny.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

In 2017 the Dolphins finished 25th in rushing attempts after finishing last in 2016.   Gase doesn’t run the ball enough - it has nothing to do with talent it’s a flawed philosophy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bell is a 4.6 guy coming out.  Knee surgiries and age probably have him in the 4.7 or 4.8 range by now.

Elite burst and quickness???  Hahahahahaha.

Too funny.  

For a back as big as Bell, 4.6 is very impressive.  Bell isn't a WR or a scat back. Speed is relative  to the position.  

13 minutes ago, BCJet said:

In 2017 the Dolphins finished 25th in rushing attempts after finishing last in 2016.   Gase doesn’t run the ball enough - it has nothing to do with talent it’s a flawed philosophy. 

Advanced metrics argue we suck at it.  Not just that we don’t try enough.

Also, up until this year, everyone complained that we ran too much.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Y3k said:

We suck dick at running the ball and you want to run more? What lost the game was the back to back to back runs after the missed field goal...

we lost because the plan called for running the ball against their strength  in the middle, did we ever try tun off tackle?