Maxman

A note from banned poster Hackenberg

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Sure thing. I just adjust his ban from permanent to:

image.png

The man has served his time. Get things ready, Hackenberg is coming back people.

Should start a poll to see what all the fake posters here think his fate should be.  A simple perma or allowed back vote.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I love a good tin-foil hat theory, but he lost me at Redskins making the playoffs LOL

That's where he lost you?  

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The trolls are often the most entertaining part of sports message boards.  I wish they didn't get banned or censored.  I'm not offended by troll speak, profanity or un-pc language of any type.  The only occasion for a ban or further action should be threats of some kind.  Free speech is valuable... 

Thing is I'm not so sure he was actively trolling.  I think he believed what he wrote.  That's far worse.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Should start a poll to see what all the fake posters here think his fate should be.  A simple perma or allowed back vote.  

I thought of that also but the problem with it is the majority of people who vote would probably be the ones who really don’t like him. Most here would be ambivalent, and not vote.

I never understand when posters get so upset they call for someone to be banned. Just put them on ignore, or if they’re posting  an opinion that annoys you (not referring to you specifically) like let’s say the moon landing thread, just don’t read that topic.

Bans should be for repeated cursing, belittling people, or things like that. I have no problem with people who simply have let’s say, “different” opinions, as long as they are civil when stating them.

Hack was “out there” sometimes, but he was never nasty or rude to people.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I thought of that also but the problem with it is the majority of people who vote would probably be the ones who really don’t like him. Most here would be ambivalent, and not vote.

I never understand when posters get so upset they call for someone to be banned. Just put them on ignore, or if they’re posting  an opinion that annoys you (not referring to you specifically) like let’s say the moon landing thread, just don’t read that topic.

Bans should be for repeated cursing, belittling people, or things like that. I have no problem with people who simply have let’s say, “different” opinions, as long as they are civil when stating them.

Hijacking threads is an easy way to get banned.  It's easy to say "just ignore him", but that doesn't work on a massive scale.  At some point, people respond to him, and we're off and running on a completely new, insane conversation in thread after thread.  Then what?  Ignore the posters who are failing to ignore Hackenberg?  Send a bunch of reported posts to Max's phone?  Not ideal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thing is I'm not so sure he was actively trolling.  I think he believed what he wrote.  That's far worse.  

Lol. Yeah, I think he believed everything also. That was part of his charm.

Anyways, you have to admit, his first thread or posts when he gets back should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Lol. Yeah, I think he believed everything also. That was part of his charm.

Anyways, you have to admit, his first thread or posts when he gets back should be interesting.

Yep but it'll wear off very quickly, lol.  All of a sudden we'll be reading posts from Max saying "You were banned before, and you still haven't learned your lesson.  We shortened your ban because other posters wanted you back.  Soon, you'll be gone for good."

41 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He was causing major problems riling people up with his nonsense. We will overlook things, no problem. But the reported posts do work when it is so many people complaining about the same thing.

How many times had he f*cked up?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hijacking threads is an easy way to get banned.  It's easy to say "just ignore him", but that doesn't work on a massive scale.  At some point, people respond to him, and we're off and running on a completely new, insane conversation in thread after thread.  Then what?  Ignore the posters who are failing to ignore Hackenberg?  Send a bunch of reported posts to Max's phone?  Not ideal.

I get what you’re saying, and you have a point. By ignore, I meant just don’t read or respond to his posts if you feel he or someone else is doing that. 

If nobody responds, it’s hard to hijack. It’s the people who get sucked in who allow things to go off the rails.

52 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I miss him. If nothing else, he was entertaining.

He was one of a kind. Last night I even referred to what I call that “hackenberg theory”.

He believes certain teams will always be good, even if they have brief down cycles, they are chosen franchises.

Others, like the Bengals and guess who(?) will always be bad.

@Maxman in the spirit of the holidays, maybe you should consider a pardon. As crazy as he could be at times, he’s basically a good egg.

Sounds like a lunatic stuck on conspiracy theories?

8 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Sounds like a lunatic stuck on conspiracy theories?

On a board that’s convinced the Pats dynasty is due to the refs not calling penalties on them, and we lost to the Bengals because they call them on us...

He fits right in!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Spoken like the someone who thinks he's the smartest person on the internet.  

Can we start a list of fake news, as per the Hack?  Gronk is coming back, Luck didn't really quit, Pats are already in the SB.....

Thanks Max, takes me away from the Bengal memories

Pot Calling The Kettle Black GIFs | Tenor

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Please respond with your thoughts:

1. I want Hack back

2. Hell no Hack must go

Maybe I am naive or internet dumb, but things like these make no sense to me.  I can't comprehend any part of any of this.  Who cares this much about interneting?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

1. I want Hack back

2. Hell no Hack must go

I’m picturing you on a couch with your popcorn, lol.

You know where I stand on this...

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe I am naive or internet dumb, but things like these make no sense to me.  I can't comprehend any part of any of this.  Who cares this much about interneting?

Umm... I know I’m not the only one here who’s been challenged to an IRL fight because of message board feelings.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I shouldn't do this because it will encourage more hate mail. But I am going to share this nice Christmas card we received from Hackenberg (recently banned poster) this morning.

You can't prove this is actually real, you know.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I get what you’re saying, and you have a point. By ignore, I meant just don’t read or respond to his posts if you feel he or someone else is doing that. 

If nobody responds, it’s hard to hijack. It’s the people who get sucked in who allow things to go off the rails.

And that will happen every single time, because there's always a few who respond.  Some of which because they don't know what he does because they're newer posters. 

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

When people waste bandwidth with nonsense, when they're obviously trolling a broad they deserve to be banned IMO.  Trolling the board, trolling people, that's not what a board is to to me, isn't what was envisioned when the board was started IMO.  

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

Umm... I know I’m not the only one here who’s been challenged to an IRL fight because of message board feelings.

Really?  That is just craziness to me.  These are the stories I want to hear.  

• Upvote 1

Instead of bringing Hack back, I think we should have regular "A note from Hackenberg" posts on the JN main page.  Like once a month or every couple weeks.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

1. I want Hack back

2. Hell no Hack must go

2  Leave well enough alone, must go

I give it a week before he's banned again, and that's probably being generous.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

On a board that’s convinced the Pats dynasty is due to the refs not calling penalties on them, and we lost to the Bengals because they call them on us...

He fits right in!

As though the real problem doesn't exist within the building at Florham Park?

It's the same old same old with these posters. The very second the Johnson's hire a new HC and GM. They are awesome! Anything you say to the contrary will be met with rare force by the Jet Nation police. You'll be labeled as a troll that should be banned at once. They'll even run to Maxman and try to get him to act. 

It's ONLY when it's more pleasing to the JN police and after many years of disappointment provided by the losers within the front office. That it STARTS to be acceptable to rip the HC/GM a new arse.

And YES, they very much believe in those ridiculous conspiracy theories like the patsies cheat even now and paid off the referees. Roger Goodell has a very private, but passionate sexual relationship with Bob Kraft. So Kraft can get Goodell to do anything he wants.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Really?  That is just craziness to me.  These are the stories I want to hear.  

GJ&H wanted me to come to Staten Island to fight him.

Were you under the impression that everyone who posts here is mentally stable?

• Upvote 2

The league would love a NY metro area team to be good lol