The truth about stepping away from this team...

WowOhWow

On 12/2/2019 at 12:26 PM, WowOhWow said:

I've got enough confidence in my history of being a Jet fan to share my thoughts on this, which I'm sure will come with ridicule and snarky responses from the usual thread killers.  But here goes:

Since the Miami debacle I completely changed the way I follow, watch and consume information on this team.  I'll admit it, I actually de-prioritized the Jets.  Stopped listening to Jet podcasts while driving to and from work.  Stopped following all their beat writers on Twitter.  Stopped reading news articles.  Visited this fan site (which I love) much, much less.  Haven't bought a ticket or any merchandise since then either.

I stopped organizing my Sundays around watching the game (I have DirecTV, GamePass) and would watch the game on and off, without focusing on every play, etc.  I stopped getting into long discussions at work about them.  The time, energy, emotion put into this team was reduced by 95%.  My family can't believe it.  My wife, kids are amazed I did it.  I was a nut for 40+years.

And I can't believe how much better I feel.  I'm not exaggerating.  I actually feel better. and are much, much happier.

Watching this team, following this team takes a toll, and when everything they do is a kick in the balls its amazing how much relief and how much better it feels to step away.

When this team starts losing guys like me there are problems...because I used to spend.  Not anymore...and I actually feel great.

I guess I'm a p@ssy, huh.

Wow,

Same here, but I just watch on NFL gamepass.  I can fast forward, never have to deal with commercials and if the team comes out flat, like this past Sunday, I just fast forward through and watch a little here and there.  I don't waste much time and I gave up long ago investing any emotion in this team.  I suppose the next time my blood pressure will get above "almost dead" will be if they make the playoffs some year down the road.  I don't see that happening for a long, long time.  I doubt Douglas can fix this disaster of a team by next year.  It will take a couple of years, at least.  But who knows?  If they do get in next year, it will be by squeaking in as a Wild Card team, and that is if Douglas can successfully address the O-line, pass rush and secondary.  The Patriots and Bills seem to own the AFC East right now and the Jets and Miami are battling for the title of "worst in the division".  It's a tight race.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:26 PM, WowOhWow said:

I've got enough confidence in my history of being a Jet fan to share my thoughts on this, which I'm sure will come with ridicule and snarky responses from the usual thread killers.  But here goes:

Since the Miami debacle I completely changed the way I follow, watch and consume information on this team.  I'll admit it, I actually de-prioritized the Jets.  Stopped listening to Jet podcasts while driving to and from work.  Stopped following all their beat writers on Twitter.  Stopped reading news articles.  Visited this fan site (which I love) much, much less.  Haven't bought a ticket or any merchandise since then either.

I stopped organizing my Sundays around watching the game (I have DirecTV, GamePass) and would watch the game on and off, without focusing on every play, etc.  I stopped getting into long discussions at work about them.  The time, energy, emotion put into this team was reduced by 95%.  My family can't believe it.  My wife, kids are amazed I did it.  I was a nut for 40+years.

And I can't believe how much better I feel.  I'm not exaggerating.  I actually feel better. and are much, much happier.

Watching this team, following this team takes a toll, and when everything they do is a kick in the balls its amazing how much relief and how much better it feels to step away.

When this team starts losing guys like me there are problems...because I used to spend.  Not anymore...and I actually feel great.

I guess I'm a p@ssy, huh.

This is like reverse denial.  OP states he’s 95% clear of emotional attachment with Jets but posts about it. SMH ??‍♂️ 

YES I remember that morning. It was really great the 3 of us just talking about different things. One of the really nice times, for me, here at JN. Great way to start the day.

Awwww man.
Someone shoulda called me. I would like to have a nice friendly convo with guys like you @14ingreen and@jetspenguin

Such nice boys

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app