Sign in to follow this  
Ken Schroy

Predictions and Draft Position

We are as of right now picking 9th. But I think we will end up around 5th. There are quite a few teams that are ahead of us that have to play each other.

I think it will be something like this:

1. Cincy.  2. Gints. 3. Lions  4. Cards  5. Jets

I think we will lose to the Phins and we don't win another game. I think this team is broken after yesterdays loss and Gase is close to losing this locker room. I hope that JD makes good choices with these picks. Mac sucked.

Discuss, additions, comments deletions, etc.

HCs rarely lose the locker room, think that more fan reaction to losses.  Don't see the lock room being lost, too many experienced coaches on this staff.

And I'd bet that we beat the fins.

We’re not winning more than 1 more game, tops. And obviously the Dolphins are the best chance to get that final victory.

Ultimately we’ll end up picking between 5 and 7. 

Chase Young and Andrew Thomas will be gone. And in that case...

Welcome to the NY Jets, CeeDee Lamb.

5b9437418c6c2.image.jpg?resize=530,630

12 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

We are as of right now picking 9th. But I think we will end up around 5th. There are quite a few teams that are ahead of us that have to play each other.

I think we will lose to the Phins and we don't win another game. I think this team is broken after yesterdays loss and Gase is close to losing this locker room. I hope that JD makes good choices with these picks. Mac sucked.

Don't discount the Giants getting the first pick, they seem to be the worst team right now.

Our personnel stinks and our coach isn't that good - not a winning combination, and the negatives from both aspects affects the other and creates a circle of ineptness and a perennial bottom feeder team.  The only way to break this is to draft well and draft well for positions of need and weakness, not this BPA nonsense that has crippled our team for the last 5 years.

I think the Jets somehow squeeze 2 more wins out of the schedule and pick around 9th or 10th.  Wherever we end up, we need to take the best OL on the board. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

The see saw of emotions with this fan base would make any ride at 6 Flags seem tame.

Well I have never believed there were more than 6 wins in the team after Sam got hurt. But it wont even be 6. But YOU should keep your emotions in check. lol

There's one win left in this team for 2019.....knowing the Jets it will be Baltimore. lol

Gase hasn't lost the team or the locker room yet IMO.  That came across even in the comments from players after the game yesterday.  Players know what's up more than anyone.  They see it in practice, on the field, etc.  They can "feel" things like the OLine breakdowns and WRs who can't get separation.  They feel the pain of opponent WRs getting open and know the Catch-22 of their pass rush situation and trying to use Jamal as a "do everything" guy.

I think they know who they are....and whether Gase is good, bad or somewhere in between (which is what I think), the Jets know the smoke and mirrors can only hide their roster deficiencies for so long.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Our personnel stinks and our coach isn't that good - not a winning combination, and the negatives from both aspects affects the other and creates a circle of ineptness and a perennial bottom feeder team.  The only way to break this is to draft well and draft well for positions of need and weakness, not this BPA nonsense that has crippled our team for the last 5 years.

I think the Jets somehow squeeze 2 more wins out of the schedule and pick around 9th or 10th.  Wherever we end up, we need to take the best OL on the board. 

Maybe they beat the fins. Who is the next win? Steelers? Bills? Ravens? Sorry not seeing it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

If Gase didn't lose the players after the Dolphins game, he's certainly not going to now. 

I figure the Jets will be picking sixth just like we did 2015, 17, 18. 

I get the feeling, this is only my opinion, that Joe Douglas will draft well? I just really like his background and him having worked under Ozzie Newsome. I also like the moves he made to try and better the team this year. Douglas had loyalty to Adam Gase so AG is going to get a long time to get this team right. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There's one win left in this team for 2019.....knowing the Jets it will be Baltimore. lol

Gase hasn't lost the team or the locker room yet IMO.  That came across even in the comments from players after the game yesterday.  Players know what's up more than anyone.  They see it in practice, on the field, etc.  They can "feel" things like the OLine breakdowns and WRs who can't get separation.  They feel the pain of opponent WRs getting open and know the Catch-22 of their pass rush situation and trying to use Jamal as a "do everything" guy.

I think they know who they are....and whether Gase is good, bad or somewhere in between (which is what I think), the Jets know the smoke and mirrors can only hide their roster deficiencies for so long.

Yet? I agree. But would you agree that if they lose to the fins at home that could happen?

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Don't discount the Giants getting the first pick, they seem to be the worst team right now.

More to do with each teams schedule 

Just now, Ken Schroy said:

Maybe they beat the fins. Who is the next win? Steelers? Bills? Ravens? Sorry not seeing it.

We didn't see the Cowboys or the Raiders coming either.  The Jets have notoriously won late season games to spoil their draft position, and I feel that they'll do it again this year.  Not rooting against this, mind you, just feel that this season has been so up and down and that it has one more "up" left.  Truth be told, I hope they win out and Darnold becomes the talk of the NFL going into next year.  

It's going to be very hard for the players not to blame the OL. They would never say it, but I'd bet they are very disgusted with the OL.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

How many winless teams did the Giants lose to?

8 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Yet? I agree. But would you agree that if they lose to the fins at home that could happen?

We have seen them beat a middling Cowboys team, we have seen them beat a middling Raider team, we have seen them beat a lousy Redskin team, we have seen them beat a lousy Giant team. They have lost to a horrific Dolphin and Bengal team.

So, any game that is left on their schedule with probably the exception of the Ravens game is a coin flip.

Oddly they look like a team that is undermanned, undisciplined, historically weak in the trenches on one side of the ball and with curious play calling at times.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

How many winless teams did the Giants lost to?

Which team is better:

14-2 team, but both losses are to winless teams

3-13 team, never loses to winless team. 

You guys are a bunch of snowflakes that get triggered by nonsense like butt-fumbles, ghosts and number of losses to winless team. Pathetic. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

It's going to be very hard for the players not to blame the OL. They would never say it, but I'd bet they are very disgusted with the OL.

The OL is awful no doubt about it.  Macc ignored it for years.  Douglas is gonna draft OL high so I am somewhat hopeful going forward 

26 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We’re not winning more than 1 more game, tops. And obviously the Dolphins are the best chance to get that final victory.

Ultimately we’ll end up picking between 5 and 7. 

Chase Young and Andrew Thomas will be gone. And in that case...

Welcome to the NY Jets, CeeDee Lamb.

5b9437418c6c2.image.jpg?resize=530,630

I’d be shocked if Douglas chose a WR at 5 if that were the case. 

I think it’s OL or trade back for him. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

IMO it's not the IF they lose but how they lose.  It's the same way when they win.  The Raiders win was a much better win than the 34-27 win over the Giants.

The Dolphins have fewer wins than the Jets and are using a decent, experienced journeyman QB in Fitzpatrick to get those 3 wins.  Yet Flores hasn't lost the team because it's not about whether you're winning or losing with a bad roster....it's HOW you're winning and losing.

The Jets are starting maybe 5 or 6 guys out of 22 (O and D) who could potentially start on other NFL teams.  People see that.  Yesterday was an atrocious game....but would you agree the OLine faltered significantly?  That passes including TDs were dropped?  That the one "weapon" on the Jets defense in Jamal Adams was slightly injured very early in the game and became largely ineffective?  That was the HOW of yesterday's loss and I'm not sure how a HC loses the team when everybody (and most of all the players) see it that way.

It was an odd game.  There were 0 fumbles and 0 INTs for the Jets, and 0 fumbles and 0 INTs for the Bengals.  But, the Jets OLine gave up 4 sacks and yielded a Safety on a holding penalty.  The Jets never really had good field position and the drops were contagious amongst the Jets pass catchers.  Maybe that's on the coaching, I don't know.  But it just looks like a loss based on the same way the Jets have lost a lot of games this year....Can't protect the QB, don't have WRs who can make a difference, don't have a good enough pass defense.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

IMO it's not the IF they lose but how they lose.  It's the same way when they win.  The Raiders win was a much better win than the 34-27 win over the Giants.

The Dolphins have fewer wins than the Jets and are using a decent, experienced journeyman QB in Fitzpatrick to get those 3 wins.  Yet Flores hasn't lost the team because it's not about whether you're winning or losing with a bad roster....it's HOW you're winning and losing.

The Jets are starting maybe 5 or 6 guys out of 22 (O and D) who could potentially start on other NFL teams.  People see that.  Yesterday was an atrocious game....but would you agree the OLine faltered significantly?  That passes including TDs were dropped?  That the one "weapon" on the Jets defense in Jamal Adams was slightly injured very early in the game and became largely ineffective?  That was the HOW of yesterday's loss and I'm not sure how a HC loses the team when everybody (and most of all the players) see it that way.

It was an odd game.  There were 0 fumbles and 0 INTs for the Jets, and 0 fumbles and 0 INTs for the Bengals.  But, the Jets OLine gave up 4 sacks and yielded a Safety on a holding penalty.  The Jets never really had good field position and the drops were contagious amongst the Jets pass catchers.  Maybe that's on the coaching, I don't know.  But it just looks like a loss based on the same way the Jets have lost a lot of games this year....Can't protect the QB, don't have WRs who can make a difference, don't have a good enough pass defense.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Understood and I will not disagree. However, I did see Jamal in tears and a pissed off Leveon after the game. Not good, we shall see.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I’m in the camp that believes Andrew Thomas is in a class of his own and the drop off to the other OT’s is a little steep.

There are many who believe a guy like Wirfs, pretty much universally regarded as the 2nd best OT in the draft, is either a RT or a guard in the NFL.

There are also a handful of pretty damn good OL who are seemingly going to hit the FA market. Scherff, Thuney, Conklin, etc.

A guy like Lamb has DeAndre Hopkins written all over him. The Jets have basically nothing at WR aside from Crowder who is a good slot receiver, but nothing to write home about. Lamb would give Darnold a go-to target for the next 10+ years who can create separation on his own, has hands like fly paper, and makes those tough contested catches seem routine.

My preferred route is to invest heavily in the OL in FA, draft Lamb in the 1st round, and grab another OL or two between rounds 2-4.

35 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

We didn't see the Cowboys or the Raiders coming either.  The Jets have notoriously won late season games to spoil their draft position, and I feel that they'll do it again this year.  Not rooting against this, mind you, just feel that this season has been so up and down and that it has one more "up" left.  Truth be told, I hope they win out and Darnold becomes the talk of the NFL going into next year.  

Nice sentiment, I hope for the same too, but I see only the Miami game as possibly winnable with this roster.

Darnold is only going to have .4 seconds to throw against Balt, similar to the New Eng game.  Much less than his usual 1.4.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

My preferred route is to invest heavily in the OL in FA, draft Lamb in the 1st round, and grab another OL or two between rounds 2-4.

We will know how that went when we get to the draft, at least. 

26 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Understood and I will not disagree. However, I did see Jamal in tears and a pissed off Leveon after the game. Not good, we shall see.

Yeah, not a fun sight.  But I will say that apathy or not caring, shrugging off the loss would be even worse.  They may be sad, pissed off, etc. but that at least says the loss affects them.  They haven't "checked out"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

I predict we will have a 1st round draft pick somewhere in the top 10, and the opportunity to draft a potential HOF-type player of impact.

The jets will for sure win at least one more game, they could win two. I could see us beating the bills and the phins.  The jets always win meaningless games at the end of the year to screw themselves.

We'll be picking like 10th and miss out on the top couple of OT's

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets will for sure win at least one more game, they could win two. I could see us beating the bills and the phins.  The jets always win meaningless games at the end of the year to screw themselves.

We'll be picking like 10th and miss out on the top couple of OT's

CeeDee Lamb >> The 2nd tier OT’s after Thomas

Take Lamb and grab the best available OT in Round 2. Hell, use one of, or even both, of our 3rd’s to get back into the bottom of the first to grab someone like Trey Adams if need be.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

they're going to beat the doltfins and then the bills.  the bills will have no reason to play hard since they'll have the wild card locked up.  the other two teams are very iffy.  the ravens are still going to drive for best record and the steelers aren't ready to go home just yet.

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I predict we will have a 1st round draft pick somewhere in the top 10, and the opportunity to draft a potential HOF-type player of impact.

So, you're basically saying, business as usual?😁

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Completely agree.   No way he doesn’t go OL in the first round, whether it be with their original pick or a trade down.

I don't give a rats a$$ where we pick as long as the first pick is the best OL available. 2nd pick too.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I’m in the camp that believes Andrew Thomas is in a class of his own and the drop off to the other OT’s is a little steep.

There are many who believe a guy like Wirfs, pretty much universally regarded as the 2nd best OT in the draft, is either a RT or a guard in the NFL.

There are also a handful of pretty damn good OL who are seemingly going to hit the FA market. Scherff, Thuney, Conklin, etc.

A guy like Lamb has DeAndre Hopkins written all over him. The Jets have basically nothing at WR aside from Crowder who is a good slot receiver, but nothing to write home about. Lamb would give Darnold a go-to target for the next 10+ years who can create separation on his own, has hands like fly paper, and makes those tough contested catches seem routine.

I still think he'd pick that RT or Guard over a WR at this point. But I do also think he's all about helping Darnold in any way, so who knows.