slats

The Class of '18 QBs are really Only as Good as their Situations

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

You're right, QB's and their production is usually directly related to their circumstances, modified by their own ability to raise those around them to a higher level.

I like examples, lets use examples!

One of the QB's below was a first round pick who has played under multiple coaches, including one of the worst coaches ever, has suffered under a horrible O-line with not nearly enough time, has limited and/or weak Offensive weapons, has missed time due to injuries and other causes, for a bad bad team under poor management and a meddlesome owner.  Has been accused of having happy feet at times, and holding the ball too long by some.

The other QB below was a first round pick who played under multiple coaches, including one of the worst coaches ever, had suffered under a horrible O-line with not nearly enough time, had limited and/or weak Offensive weapons, had missed time due to injuries and other causes, playing for a bad, bad team under poor management with a meddlesome owner.  Was accused of having happy feet and holding the ball too long by some.

QB #1

23 Starts to begin career, 9 wins, 14 losses, 465 for 836 (55.6%) for 5,370 Yards (6.4 YPA), 33 TD's, 28 INT's, Sacked 71 times.

QB #2

22 Starts to begin career, 8 wins, 14 losses, 435 for 725 (60.0%) for 5,019 Yards (6.9 YPA), 30 TD's, 25 INT's, Sacked 57 times.

Startlingly similar stat lines.

As I always hoped for one, that he would get a real opportunity to show that he was better than his stat-line showed, I still hope the same for the second, active, QB.

Interesting, who is QB 1? David Carr? Brady Quinn?

I am not sure we are not grasping at straws here.   Pretty much most of the 2018 QBs (outside of Rosen and Rudolph) have done ok to great (Lamar).  I think they all have a future in the league as starters and their potential can only be enriched by the conditions of their organizations .  Hopefully Sam reaches his potential and becomes the franchise QB the Jets need.   But I am hopeful he will and it will be fun to watch these other QBs as well. 

• Post of the Week 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company