slats

The Class of '18 QBs are really Only as Good as their Situations

I remember watching Lamar Jackson get murdered behind a bad Oline in Louisville couple years ago

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think two things are true: the OL sucks and Darnold loses his confidence way too easily. There’s overlap there, but Darnold has to figure his brain out before we sign him to a second contract

When Darnold has semi decent protection we score 30+ points with him throwing to average WRs

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, slats said:

Good QBs keep you in the hunt with a good team around them. Bad teams, injuries, etc., can remove the best QBs from said hunt. The QB's a critical piece, of course, but the idea that they make their own situation is silly, IMHO. Especially when you're talking about second year players. 

Well if this is your metric Sam has overachieved with a crappy roster that has a ton of injuries this year

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I think he's done well given his circumstances. The roster sucks, was further decimated by injuries, and I'm not sold on the coaching staff. 

Look not to take anything away from Lamar but he has a top 3 head coach and a great roster built by years of excellence in drafting

Sam has a Mangina clone and a division 2 college roster

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The vast majority of young QBs in this league are up and down, inconsistent and are overall reflections of their situations.

So, not surprising.

Deshaun Watson is the only guy I can think of who hasn't really been in a great spot who has played at an elite level.

Huh?  Watson has the nfl’s Best WR to throw to

• Confused 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company