slats

The Class of '18 QBs are really Only as Good as their Situations

1 hour ago, slats said:

Baker Mayfield is on his third head coach, a coach in way over his head, with a convoluted offensive system that Kitchens was supposed to continue but instead they brought in an outside OC who seemed to create some tension. 

Didn't he hand pick that head coach?  He is on his 3rd head coach.  He got the first on fired and then campaigned to pick the 3rd over the 2nd.  Poor guy!  These problems certainly weren't of his choosing. If only they had traded for a top WR and signed him a pro-bowl RB that was averaging over 100 yards from scrimmage and almost a TD per game for his career.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If my son was drafted by the New York Jets, I legitimately wouldn’t allow him to sign the contract. I’d advise him to sit out the year and force a trade. No ******* way I send him to this meat grinder organization 

What a douche-y dad.  What better place to sign?  No need to play well, you still start.  No need to go to meetings or show up on time, you still get paid.  Sit on IR for years and don't bother to go for treatment.  If they fine you, off to twitter! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Quite the conundrum isn’t it?

The douchey guy who plays in Cleveland, of all places, got all the “terrible” commercials.

The young clean cut kid who plays in the media capital of the world, practically on top of Madison Avenue got nothing but mono.

Life can be so unfair. The guys who are terrible at everything always win...

He's 5-7.  My ******* hero. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This. The most preposterous part about all of this is the constant harping on sacks to the line. There is an overwhelming amount of info over the years out there about sacks being a quarterback stat, and the data is pretty easy to comprehend. It's almost indisputable at this point. Grown men grasping to their arbitrary favorite football players really has some bizarre boundaries.

What about the complete lack of a run game?  Is that Darnold's fault too? The offensive line is terrible.  I am sure that many sacks are the result of the QB holding the ball too long or not hitting his hot reads, but it isn't the sacks that make people feel for Darnold, it is the instant pressure from multiple sides.  I don't think he looked particularly bad against the Bengals.  He has in most of the other debacles. 

13 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I agree with you.

I also think all four organizations feel like they got the right man for their team, and wouldn’t change anything if they could pick again.

All four?!?!  You think the Cardinals feel like they got the right man for their team?  Then why did they trade him and start over ASAP? I doubt they would trade their 2018 first, third and fifth for a pick in the bottom of the 2019 second round. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Sure, there are many facets to a game. Sacks, specifically, however are a QB driven stat.

Fair enough.  IMO, many of the sacks are on Darnold, but way more sh*tty pass plays are on him running for his life to escape pressure.  I think many posters complain about sacks when they mean to complain about the level of pressure.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company