slats

The Class of '18 QBs are really Only as Good as their Situations

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

rEaLlY oNlY aS gOoD aS hIs SiTuAtIon is code for bad. Why didn't we take those four high picks and go get a better situation instead? Was Teddy Bridgewater going to be Significantly Less Good Than His Situation?

This. The most preposterous part about all of this is the constant harping on sacks to the line. There is an overwhelming amount of info over the years out there about sacks being a quarterback stat, and the data is pretty easy to comprehend. It's almost indisputable at this point. Grown men grasping to their arbitrary favorite football players really has some bizarre boundaries.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

People who are too invested in their feelings to look stuff up for themselves aren't generally going to be open to persuasion if you do it for them. I'd say lose the friend.

I see NoBowles has found a new handle.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What about the complete lack of a run game?  Is that Darnold's fault too? The offensive line is terrible.  I am sure that many sacks are the result of the QB holding the ball too long or not hitting his hot reads, but it isn't the sacks that make people feel for Darnold, it is the instant pressure from multiple sides.  I don't think he looked particularly bad against the Bengals.  He has in most of the other debacles.

Sure, there are many facets to a game. Sacks, specifically, however are a QB driven stat.

20 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I see NoBowles has found a new handle.

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

Bu-Bye. I feel like your time could be better spent trying to "Fire the Johnsons" which is needed because the Jets aren't getting better even though they have "No Bowles".

I just want to point out that I called that it was him before Max did and I have absolutely no access to IP information. That's how much of a lunatic-stalker that guy is.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company