The Class of '18 QBs are really Only as Good as their Situations

slats

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who are these people already done with Darnold?  Are these actual posters, or just a foil to make a point?

Because I see alot of "Darnold must improve" posts, not "Darnold must be cut" posts.

We had people in here before last year's draft calling for the Jets to take a QB in the first round. 

10 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I haven't seen many people mention this, but Sam losing his hair flip buddy McCown was a big deal.  ....

went 0-3 last year, loses twice as many as he wins over 15 years. a crap QB. nice guy? sure.

Sams won as many as lat year already. 10 million dollar male cheerleader.

56 minutes ago, slats said:

We had people in here before last year's draft calling for the Jets to take a QB in the first round. 

Really? I don’t remember that, especially last year with that group of QBs. You could be right though, your memory is probably better then mine.

I do recall guys saying we should take one this coming draft though, so I see your point.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Why? Was Eli creating his own situation? One of those rare greats who also led the NFL in interceptions a few seasons? If you think Eli is a great QB, then you've effectively destroyed your own argument that good QBs make their own situations (the statement that started this conversation). In a 15-year career, Eli got his team to double-digit wins exactly five times. He didn't complete over 60% of his passes until his fifth year in the league. People already done with Darnold would've dumped Eli as a rookie. 

Try to argue without conclusory statements please “you’ve destroyed your own argument!” If you got the goods put em up.

28 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

So...  Sam and Baker would also have gone 16-2 if insreted as starter for Balt...

nah, dont buy that for a second.

It’s so easy for people trying to justify their feelings about a player to say things like “he could’ve done what that guy did...” except he hasn’t, which kind of weakens that argument, lol.

I was one of the few to think Jackson would be very good, same with Allen. I got killed here for it last season and this September when I doubled down saying they were the two I was most interested in watching this year.

They have both been really good. LJ has been exceptional, and Allen is getting better and better. So far they’re the two success stories of the ‘18 QB class.

Mayfield and the Browns have surprised me this year. They are terrible once they get the ball into the red zone. It’s like they invent ways to screw up.

Mayfield and the offense perform very well until they get down there, but just can’t finish the job. I don’t know why. Play calling, execution... who knows? It hasn’t been good though.

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I was one of the few to think Jackson would be very good, same with Allen. I got killed here for it last season and this September when I doubled down saying they were the two I was most interested in watching this year.

They have both been really good. LJ has been exceptional, and Allen is getting better and better. So far they’re the two success stories of the ‘18 QB class.

yes. Both Allen and LJ have definitely improved.

Baker seems to have regressed and Sam looks to be treading water.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The vast majority of young QBs in this league are up and down, inconsistent and are overall reflections of their situations.

So, not surprising.

Deshaun Watson is the only guy I can think of who hasn't really been in a great spot who has played at an elite level.

Huh?  Watson has the nfl’s Best WR to throw to

• WTF? 1

38 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Michael Thomas is the best NFL WR right now. 

Maybe it was Hopkins last year.

i get your point btw, just being nit picky.

Man... Either would do Sam a world of good...

I wish Sam at least had Herndon to throw to.

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Kinda see Eli as a special case. He’s obviously not an all time great but he had a good arm, was tough as sh*t and was capable of beating good defenses with his arm.Flacco was almost that guy but things fell apart for him for whatever reason. 

Eli gets no love here because “Giants.” 

If Eli were a Jet, he would have produced something like the top 7-8 QB seasons in our entire history. He would have a very strong case as the best Jet ever. It’s also funny when people harp on his three years of leading the league in INTs but also consider Joe Namath and Brett Favre all-time greats.

He is a great player from an iconic franchise and will be in the HOF. And when that day happens this board will be entertaining as Hell.