Blessuan Austin

I’m excited about the kid.

One area where he can improve is tackling technique. He damn near killed the rookie receiver for Oakland, and he’s been able to put a helmet or pads on others in the open field, but there are times when you have to wrap up. I believe he had a play or two yesterday where he hit and bounced off the runner, and they continued to gain yardage. 

6 hours ago, MicDrass1 said:

the guy has played 4 games against 4 teams …..  he will get exposed soon and everyone will be on him ….. 4 games tell you nothing about a player …… very little to judge on …. but maybe off to a good start

People seem to forget dee milliner was the best looking Cb for his last 5 games of his rookie year.  You are correct.

He has been a surprise  so far and gives a bit of hope but pretty early to be crowning him a sure fire starter from here on out.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Injury history + small sample size. He might be a CB1 but we need to assume he’s “only” a CB2 entering the offseason.

Is it too early to worry how much we will have to pay him if he proves to be a CB1?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I didn't think he struggled. Auden Tate made a nice catch against him but Austin had good coverage. Dalton put the ball up high in a good spot and Tate (I believe it was him) made a good play. Regardless, that's only 1 play. I thought he did a good job. 

I thought Bless played well

I’m gonna get firebombed by saying this but his style of play he looks like a young Revis 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Injury history + small sample size. He might be a CB1 but we need to assume he’s “only” a CB2 entering the offseason.

let's see how he finishes the year...     and even that...  with no pass rush...   not exactly a set up for success

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seems fair. If we treat him as a #2 and he stays as a CB1 level maybe we wind up with an elite tandem like we briefly had with Cro and Revis

• Upvote 1