Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
joewilly12

Joe Douglas Jets rebuild could be far bigger than realized

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s news for those who didn’t want to accept this. 

So, basically, only Pac.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't see where this article is saying anything new.  the jets have needed those same positions filled for the past 5 seasons.  the only difference is 5 seasons ago they also needed a qb.  and if joe douglas didn't realize the team's shortcomings when he was hired he shouldn't have taken the job.  about the only thing debatable is what position is taken with their first round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

This is not news.  This was predicted in July.  

Only Fake Fans predicted this. Will be same story next year when some of us (me included) predict no playoffs we will be insulted and vilified... until we are proven right and then it’s “well it was obvious all along.”

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This roster is a absolute sh-show after years of bad drafting by Idzik and Mac

 

 

jets need to trade Adams and Q in the offseason and get picks 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

This roster is a absolute sh-show after years of bad drafting by Idzik and Mac

 

 

jets need to trade Adams and Q in the offseason and get picks 

The fact that this is even a suggestion shows you how bad the Jets roster truly is........ :( 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

The fact that this is even a suggestion shows you how bad the Jets roster truly is........ :( 

No edge rushers going on 15 years, OL stinks, no #1 CB, WRs are mediocre at best

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans and media sway with the wind depending on whether the team wins or loses that week.  No team is ever far from the playoffs the way the league is set up.  A 1-15 team can make the playoffs the next year.  The hardest part was solved with Sam.  We have some good young OL, we need 2-3 new starters. Not an impossible task in one offseason.  We need corners but maybe not as desperately as we thought with the emergence of some young guys. We need more weapons for Sam.

The hardest part of the rebuild happened already, there's still a lot of work to do but the team would have been a playoff contender with decent health this year. The expectation should be playoffs in 2020.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Fans and media sway with the wind depending on whether the team wins or loses that week.  No team is ever far from the playoffs the way the league is set up.  A 1-15 team can make the playoffs the next year.  The hardest part was solved with Sam.  We have some good young OL, we need 2-3 new starters. Not an impossible task in one offseason.  We need corners but maybe not as desperately as we thought with the emergence of some young guys. We need more weapons for Sam.

The hardest part of the rebuild happened already, there's still a lot of work to do but the team would have been a playoff contender with decent health this year. The expectation should be playoffs in 2020.

I agree we finally have a qb now we need a new roster and head coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a 2 to 3 year project and anyone that doesnt think so is insane.  

Need, conservatively mind you, at minimum . 3 OL 1 OLB 1 DE 2 CB 2 WR.. 

Thats not even taking into account guys leaving or getting traded in that time span and having to replace them, and adding quality depth to a taem that has little. 

Thats easily 2-3 offseasons before this team has a chance to be a quality football team.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres an idea scour other teams practice squads here and now, cut some of the JAG;s  on our roster and give some of these guys a tryout in the remaining games namely OL. 

There is no way JD fills all the glaring needs in the off-season through free agency and the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could sign a pass rusher and CB2 in free agency then address the OL in the draft as well as free agency.

We're going to have plenty of money to spend after a few obvious cuts and a solid set of draft picks. Remember that this team has been destroyed by injuries - just getting healthy is a huge step. If Douglas is who he's supposed to be then I don't think it's that big of a project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We could sign a pass rusher and CB2 in free agency then address the OL in the draft as well as free agency.

We're going to have plenty of money to spend after a few obvious cuts and a solid set of draft picks. Remember that this team has been destroyed by injuries - just getting healthy is a huge step. If Douglas is who he's supposed to be then I don't think it's that big of a project.

Who will the cuts be? Can you name them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Buckle up boys, another rebuild, and it’s going to be year one. 

Again.

Woody and Chris have shown they do not have the patience for a rebuild or any real desire to be more than 9-7 give or take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We could sign a pass rusher and CB2 in free agency then address the OL in the draft as well as free agency.

Elite or quality pass rushers don't come easily in free agency.  Even if there are any this offseason, they'll have better destinations to go to.  It would take a massive overpay to bring a top 10-15 EDGE guy here.  

At this time, the best EDGE rushers scheduled to be UFA's in 2020 are Jadeveon Clowney, Shaquil Barrett, Dante Fowler, Ziggy Ansah,  Robert Quinn, Derek Wolfe, Mario Addison, Michael Bennett, Bud Dupree, Bruce Irvin, Markus Golden and Whitney Mercilus.  Not an exciting list.  And only 5 of the above (Clowney, Barrett, Fowler, Dupree, Golden) are under 30.  

And we need a CB1, not a CB2.  We can't assume Blessuan Austin is a CB1 just yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No edge rushers going on 15 years, OL stinks, no #1 CB, WRs are mediocre at best

 

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I agree we finally have a qb now we need a new roster and head coach

I get you're not a Gase guy, and that's cool. But in the same thread you say. No edge rushers, the OL stinks, and no #1 CB and mediocre WRs

Then blame Gase for it. What other coach that the Jets could have hired would be doing that much better right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 3:32 PM, joewilly12 said:

Trash talk I met Robby at an autograph signing when I met Joe Namath last year, Robby had no one in line so me and my son walked up to him and started a conversation with him. I walked away, my son is 27 and he had a good conversation with him, my son played 4 years of WR high school football. I had a hard time understanding what he was saying. 

My son and I walked up to him

 

:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Edison N.J 

I was correcting your grammar in a post where you said you couldn’t understand the guy :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

I was correcting your grammar in a post where you said you couldn’t understand the guy :-)

Image result for grammar police gifs
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...