Greenberg on Harbaugh & Gase (Rex Disagrees)

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Harbaugh and Douglas would kill each other. 

2. what a scumbag Rex is to even joke about taking a head coaching job that’s not open. And he wonders why he can’t get a courtesy interview. 

With Douglas as the GM, if the Jets canned Gase and hired Rex as the HC for 2020, their chances of getting to the post season would go up ten fold.  

Who is a bigger scumbag ??? A guy who wants a job or the guy who has a job that he can only pretend to do ???

REX 2020 !!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

With Douglas as the GM, if the Jets canned Gase and hired Rex as the HC for 2020, their chances of getting to the post season would go up ten fold.  

Who is a bigger scumbag ??? A guy who wants a job or the guy who has a job that he can only pretend to do ???

REX 2020 !!! 

Yeah that is true.

Rex would be winning games with Darnold. Even with his terrible ocs

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I like Jim Harbaugh more than most, but Harbaugh is legitimately nuts and Jets fans would drum him out of town faster than they did Idzik, especially if he had full control. Dude started Shea Patterson for 26 games despite 100,000 Michigan fans screaming in his ear every weekend to bench him.  

While he got the Niners to a Super Bowl, by the end of his tenure the team was in full revolt and they were happy to see him go. It won't happen, but even if it did he's got a very short shelf life. 

When ever the Gase Era does come to a close, find the guy on an NFL staff or a college coach who is the next guy. May be Douglas is doing that due diligence, because the Johnson brothers are not.  

• Upvote 1

Rex wants to comeback to the Jets and Woody is very fond of him. It wouldn't be a surprise if Woody hires him again. But I think it would be the last time we see Joe Douglas as GM for the Jets. Joe wants to rebuild this team but Rex wants to call the shots like the last time. Rex also only cares about his defense while the offense falls apart. IMO, it would be a big mistake bringing Rex back as head coach!!! His ego is too big and its always about himself!!! There are reasons why teams stayed away from him and don't want to give him control of the team.

Harbough is a very good coach when he was with the 49ers. The players love to play for him and his coaching staff was hand picked by him. When he left the 49ers the team fell apart a lot of players retired or demanded trades because he left. As a college coach it was different, he didn't have the success like in the pro's but it looked like his recruiting wasn't successful. IMO, I believe he would sit a year to clear his head and see what team would be best for him. If the Jets pick him, he comes at a hefty price. Joe Douglas will be demoted or gone because he brings in his own people for the front office and to the coaching staff. He is very tough on his players and isn't afraid to get in their face.

The question is will both dumb co-owners the Johnson's will sign the right person to coach. 

11 hours ago, HessStation said:

I think the Harbaugh caveat, which ain’t happening, I get it, would be full control...so it’d bye to both Douglas and the American psycho...which id be all in for...but also not happening in a million years

The Johnsons are too dumb and weak

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

I like the other Harbough. He's an outstanding HC.

I think John is the best HC in the league, I was hoping he'd leave Baltimore last year and we could get him but that ship sailed.  Jim had failed at Michigan but did an outstanding job in SF.  I don't want to fire Gase, I don't think he will be fired but if he is we'd be lucky to get Jim.  Some guys are better pro coaches than college, others better college than pro.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I like Jim Harbaugh more than most, but Harbaugh is legitimately nuts and Jets fans would drum him out of town faster than they did Idzik, especially if he had full control. Dude started Shea Patterson for 26 games despite 100,000 Michigan fans screaming in his ear every weekend to bench him.  

We can play worse case scenario with any new head coach. It was never an easier call out when they hired Gase

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I think John is the best HC in the league, I was hoping he'd leave Baltimore last year and we could get him but that ship sailed.  Jim had failed at Michigan but did an outstanding job in SF.  I don't want to fire Gase, I don't think he will be fired but if he is we'd be lucky to get Jim.  Some guys are better pro coaches than college, others better college than pro.

Jim has by no means failed at Michigan. He's an excellent head coach. Would luv to see him n Gregg Williams for a year. Jury's still out on Joe Douglas but I think he will prove to be competent. Therefore he n Harbaugh could actually work well together

On 12/2/2019 at 5:54 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

The Jets as a franchise are even more desperate. This has the makings of a bad decision where you hookup with an ex and regret it later. 

I love Rex Ryan.

I love Rex Ryan more when he coaches a team not called the Jets.

I love Rex Ryan the most when he is on TV.

While it is fun to remember the good times, let's not forget how toxic the last few years of the relationship were.

The Jets broke it off with Rex for very good reasons.  It's over. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/4/2019 at 7:52 AM, joewilly said:

Jim has by no means failed at Michigan. He's an excellent head coach. Would luv to see him n Gregg Williams for a year. Jury's still out on Joe Douglas but I think he will prove to be competent. Therefore he n Harbaugh could actually work well together

He has completely failed.  He was brought there to win big 10 titles, compete for national championships, beat Ohio State.  He's accomplished none of those goals. Not only can he not beat Ohio State, he can't when compete with them.

• Upvote 1

Mike Greenberg? Ugh I thought we were rid of him. 

Looks like Rex has put the pounds back on again. He’s come out and said he would take the non existent jets job on the humpty canty show when asked if he’d take the Giants job. Double ugh. 

These arguments that we can’t do this or that because we’ll lose Greg Williams are insane. The guy never lasts more than a couple years, and really hasn’t done anything special... but it’s like the same jagaloons that love Rex’s shtick are illogically wedded to Williams for the same reason... the goofy tough guy routine. Not results.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:44 PM, THE BARON said:

REX 2020 !!! 

The guy who went 8-8 with Geno Smith and a bad roster is... Rex

The guy who goes 5-11 with Sam and free agent signings galore and still has people manufacturing excuses for him is... Gase

On 12/2/2019 at 5:39 PM, T0mShane said:

1. Harbaugh and Douglas would kill each other. 

2. what a scumbag Rex is to even joke about taking a head coaching job that’s not open. And he wonders why he can’t get a courtesy interview. 

1. If he dies, he dies.

2. NPD. He wasn’t listening so much as angling for how to pivot the topic to himself and his own gain. Grotesque levels of psychosis.