Maxman

Breaking (Fake) News Headlines

Hey we are just messing around a bit, but we wrote a breaking news headline generator. It lets you put in a headline and upload an image. Trying to figure out how to roll it out. It is being updated but here is a sample of a beta version.

image.png

Can you give me some ideas on what you would enter:

1. Picture

2. Main text heading

3. Sub text heading

I want to mess around and create a few to test it before we open this up to the public.

Thanks.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Jamal Adams traded to New England Patriots: Jets recieve 3rd round pick. 

- Donald Trump purchases New York Jets. 

02c940c84cdb236435ec0048bc9118ed.jpg

Damn we only got a 3rd round pick for Adams.  Make Jets Great Again. 

#MJGA2020

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

#MJGA2020

😂 oh man... the trigger level of this will be epic, but it's pretty funny though. 

#MJGA2020

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

😂 oh man... the trigger level of this will be epic, but it's pretty funny though. 

#MJGA2020

I'd buy that hat.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I'd buy that hat.

id buy that for a dollar GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey we are just messing around a bit, but we wrote a breaking news headline generator. It lets you put in a headline and upload an image. Trying to figure out how to roll it out. It is being updated but here is a sample of a beta version.

image.png

Can you give me some ideas on what you would enter:

1. Picture

2. Main text heading

3. Sub text heading

I want to mess around and create a few to test it before we open this up to the public.

Thanks.

1. Screenshot of breakyourownnews.com

2. Local eccentric plagiarizes silly app

3. Cites diminished ad revenue

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

id buy that for a dollar GIF

This guy is a legend. I’ve seen it posted here before and love it every time. Go Robo!

5 hours ago, JTJet said:

- Donald Trump purchases New York Jets. 

5 hours ago, DJF71 said:

#MJGA2020

5 hours ago, JTJet said:

#MJGA2020

5 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I'd buy that hat.

The rules still apply.  No politics please..

Just so we are clear, miss lonely hearts getting banned wasn't fake news. After years of non stop nonsense and this poster hating on everything, we are going to move in another direction as a forum. 

Just trying to have fun with this breaking news thing. Pretty easy to ignore if he didn't like it for any reason.  Should have banned him the other day for the attack he posted breaking site rules.

It is for those reasons that he is out.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Just so we are clear, miss lonely hearts getting banned wasn't fake news. After years of non stop nonsense and this poster hating on everything, we are going to move in another direction as a forum. 

Just trying to have fun with this breaking news thing. Pretty easy to ignore if he didn't like it for any reason.  Should have banned him the other day for the attack he posted breaking site rules.

Wait she’s a dude? I thought Kelly was the only one on here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I know hes kind of a misanthrope but hes clever and has a biting wit. It's always a good time clicking the "aten quoted you" notification and waiting to see what bit of cutting horribleness awaits you. I get a good laugh at a bunch of his posts even when at my own expense.

Imo, the board is better with him maybe specifically because we dont have another one like him. You could say the same about Hackenburg, and I was sorry to see him go, but Aten atleast knows the game very well and adds a ton of value from a football perspective whereas Hackenburg didnt.

Just my 2 cents 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

1. Aten's avatar.

2. Whiney fan has feelings hurt by GOB in 2008.

3. Carries grudge for 10 plus years before being being permanently banned.

You hate on everything I do or say. I gave you a break the other day when you posted that attack. I've let a ton of stuff go over the years. Enough is enough, I will free you of the burden of having to post here. Your ban is permanent.

Not going to leave a light on. Take care.

Sweet. Biggest a-hole on this site. By a country mile. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Wait she’s a dude? I thought Kelly was the only one on here. 

I thought Kelly was a dude?

WAIT!  Can I say that? 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

The rules still apply.  No politics please..

Sorry. Wont happen again. The Pats trade was still funny at least lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Well the thing about Hackenberg is, he really isn't coming back. He sends all these emails and I am just screwing with him. I changed the ban date so show 12/9. I plan on changing it back to permanent on 12/8. Hack reads all this stuff and screws with me, so I was just giving some back. Sorry for the spoiler alert. I was just trying to have some fun since he caused so much drama.

On the other poster, I know some people enjoy the shtick or whatever it is that he does. I have had a bunch of complaints about him over the years that I ignored. I had one user a long time poster tell me they weren't going to post here anymore because of a few people, he was on that list. I let this long time poster walk away. I am a big fan of letting this stuff play out and letting the community police itself as much as possible. I take absolutely ZERO pleasure in banning people. I don't like doing it. Years ago when I was told this was aten, I never messaged him or warned him, just let him be. He had a fresh start if he wanted it.

There comes a time though when someone is just pissing all over your hard work that enough is enough. We don't waste our time banning IP addresses and searching member history, unless there is a problem. But I can say with certainty that the Miss Lonely username or the aten username will never post here again. Will he create a new one and start posting again? Not sure, I can say that he won't do it today or this week because we have registrations closed right now thanks to more Buffalo Bills spammers.

At some point if he wants to create a new account I am sure he will be able to because we pretty much have open borders by design. I am all for a good joke. But taking shot after shot at me, he's done. Nobody will care, and it is stupid to even type this out but we bought a breaking news generator.  Paid a software company for it and it didn't work with PHP 7. The software company took my money and never responded to the help desk tickets. So we developed our own that looks like the one that I paid for.  All I did is post it so I could test some things out. I thought it would be fun during another crappy Jets year. But this guy wants to hate on everything I do, so he is permanently banned.

That sucks about the company scamming you. Unfortunately it happens all too frequently, they rely on people to either not know how to measure things or just give up if they do and realize they aren't getting what they paid for. At my company I don't sign a contract anymore without a built in split test to prove it does what they claim. Most refuse so I walk away. Of those that have accepted not 1 has actually delivered yet.

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

That sucks about the company scamming you. Unfortunately it happens all too frequently, they rely on people to either not know how to measure things or just give up if they do and realize they aren't getting what they paid for. At my company I don't sign a contract anymore without a built in split test to prove it does what they claim. Most refuse so I walk away. Of those that have accepted not 1 has actually delivered yet.

How do you know if it didn’t work or if you just ruined it? You know, taking In account your history. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

But this guy wants to hate on everything I do, so he is permanently banned.

Wait.   We can get banned for hating on everything you do?   Uh oh. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, JTJet said:

- Donald Tramp purchases New York Jets. 

Please God, make this true! It’ll be an easy way out for me. The misery is real!

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

How do you know if it didn’t work or if you just ruined it? You know, taking In account your history. 

lol. Well i certainly ruined the sales reps sale!

• Upvote 1