Jump to content
freestater

"Adam Gase was held back by the awful Ryan Tannehill"

Recommended Posts

On 12/3/2019 at 2:59 PM, sec101row23 said:

This isn’t some defense of Gase but, the 3 years Gase was coach Tannehill only played in 24 games for Gase.  I don’t think people were saying Tannehill’s abilities were holding Gase back, it was just his availability.  

Notice how subtlety the narrative begins to shift. What I was creamed for on here before (Tannehill is a player) will eventually become “it was obvious.”

fascinating leonard nimoy GIF

Said it before and will say it again: sometimes being right just has to be its own reward.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There was literally a 7 part series thread about how Tannehill & Osweiller held Gase back in Miami here.

And dozens of posts about it, if one really cared to do the search to go find them and reread them.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’d like a 7 part series as to why Gase’s teams always have massive injury issues. 

Evidently the heavy usage of smelling salts and "just walking it off" aren't approved by the World Health Organization.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And we are stuck with this garbage another 2 miserable awful years

Ya know....during the most important years of Darnold's development 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 5:52 AM, nyjunc said:

Best rating, best completion percentage, only yr with winning record.  Some of the cumulative numbers weren't as good because he missed almost 4 games.

Sorry when you cant exclude yrs because of injuries by any metric he best yr was 2014 under Philbin. the other yrs he had 12 interceptions and missed games so don't you think his completions would drop and his interceptions would have gone up with more throws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 10:39 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

There was literally a 7 part series thread about how Tannehill & Osweiller held Gase back in Miami here.

Plus the Star Wars-esque 3 part prequel.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rammagen said:

Sorry when you cant exclude yrs because of injuries by any metric he best yr was 2014 under Philbin. the other yrs he had 12 interceptions and missed games so don't you think his completions would drop and his interceptions would have gone up with more throws

On 12/3/2019 at 9:02 AM, sec101row23 said:

2014 and 2015 were Tannehill’s best seasons.  They were not with Gase as HC.  

Never mind one would expect a QB (ok, a healthy QB) to get progressively better, with less frequent mistakes, as he gains more experience. Tannehill's interception rate rose over 50% after Gase took over. 

I think it helps illustrate a couple things that can give long-term optimism re: Darnold. 

  1. There is still a lot of hope for Darnold, even with all his bad picks and ill-advised plays he's shown this year; Tannehill was doing that under Gase - after he'd already established himself as a good starter - with an eerily-similar interception percentage (3.1% and 3.3% for RT under Gase; 3.2% currently for Darnold, with their teams' respective protection and receiving talents not exactly being on par). 
  2. Though it's a common sentiment, a QB actually has the goods, he's not going to get ruined unless that ruination comes along with a career-altering physical injury. Some guys take longer to ripen; others just never had it despite the initial optimism as a prospect or occasional flashes.
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, freestater said:

Ya know....during the most important years of Darnold's development 

 

We are wasting Darnold

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate Gase and think he should be fired today but Tannehill is just handing off to Derrick Henry who is crushing it and arguably the hottest rb in the league

 

granted, Marcus Mariota is a bust who couldn’t even do that competently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I hate Gase and think he should be fired today but Tannehill is just handing off to Derrick Henry who is crushing it and arguably the hottest rb in the league

 

granted, Marcus Mariota is a bust who couldn’t even do that competently

He's being put in situations to maximize his talents. In other words he is actually being coached

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, freestater said:

He's being put in situations to maximize his talents. In other words he is actually being coached

True

 

oh and Gase sucks

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

He had another great game yesterday.

Just wait though he can have 10 good games in a row but one stinker and the “I told you so’s” will be cacophonous.

Tannehill is basically the anti-Sam Darnold of JN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, jgb said:

Notice how subtlety the narrative begins to shift. What I was creamed for on here before (Tannehill is a player) will eventually become “it was obvious.”

fascinating leonard nimoy GIF

Said it before and will say it again: sometimes being right just has to be its own reward.

Bingo. I’ve gotten used to it over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

Just wait though he can have 10 good games in a row but one stinker and the “I told you so’s” will be cacophonous.

Tannehill is basically the anti-Sam Darnold of JN.

Had a decent 2014. PLaying a lil better than that this year. What it means?

Who knows? Rich Gannon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been rightfully tough on Tannehill but yesterday he was great.  While Henry gained 100 yds he wasn't his dominant self and that deep ball was perfect.  He's playing with a lot of confidence but he's never showed up in big games, he has a chance to change that these next 3 weeks.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s amazing how having a good Oline and weapons change a team. We need Douglas to build a line for Darnold.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks be to God Tannehill isn’t holding Gase back anymore. 

Anyone else remember how every year Tannehill/Dolphins we’re going to be s powerhouse and the team to watch out for? And every single year disappointed? This will be deja by all over again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s amazing how having a good Oline and weapons change a team. We need Douglas to build a line for Darnold.

A good coach would also be helpful

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 9:28 AM, nyjunc said:

I've been rightfully tough on Tannehill but yesterday he was great.  While Henry gained 100 yds he wasn't his dominant self and that deep ball was perfect.  He's playing with a lot of confidence but he's never showed up in big games, he has a chance to change that these next 3 weeks.

Henry had two touchdowns in addition to the 100 yards I watched part of the game he was dominant still he just didn’t go completely nuts like he has in recent weeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 12:49 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

79037211_2921813607871579_14005926105018

78904917_2921696797883260_67187000879727

Not bad company for the guy who was holding Gase back. 

Wait, where is Darnold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Wait, where is Darnold?

Did you transfer the mancrush from Fitz to Tannehill yet?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

Did you transfer the mancrush from Fitz to Tannehill yet?

You still obsessed with me and which QB's I prefer in a given moment?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...