Jets Fans Endure Gase’s Incompetence in Face of Belichick’s Advice

JetNation

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Solid offensive game planning really. 

A lot is being made of Adam Gase not running the ball enough against the worst rushing defense in football. I get it, but the numbers are a little deceiving. He called 26 passes and nine runs in the first half, but 10 of those passes came on the final drive of the half when the Jets got the ball with 1:46 left and were not running because of clock management.

Gase came out ready to run in the third quarter and here is what happened: Le’Veon Bell for 2 yards, Bell for -1 yard, Bell for 23 yards but called back because of holding on Tom Compton. Then it is third-and-20 and they passed and then punted. The next drive starts at their own 2 and then gets moved to the 1 after a false start on Brandon Shell. First play, Bell runs for 2 yards. Second play, Beachum is called for holding and the Bengals get a safety. The Bengals then kick a field goal after getting the ball after the safety. Suddenly, the Jets are down 16 and there is 1:15 left in the third quarter. The Jets had to pass to get back into the game.

This is not to say I am defending Gase in this game. He had a terrible day. But it was about more than pass/run ratio. It was about his offense’s sheer inability to move the ball at all. He had no answers in this game. The Bengals had a great game plan against the Jets and they executed it.

14 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Solid offensive game planning really. 

Gase stinks but to his defense, our high priced starting rb cant run outside because he is too slow.  If Gase had balls he would have benched bell and ran powell and montgomery outside.  leveon bell's lack of speed is killing the run game.  Hes atrocious.

• Thumb Down 2

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase stinks but to his defense, our high priced starting rb cant run outside because he is too slow.  If Gase had balls he would have benched bell and ran powell and montgomery outside.  leveon bell's lack of speed is killing the run game.  Hes atrocious.th

This is crazy talk

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I was thinking it must have been zero during the game, even the commentators were crying out for us to try it.

He has to go. Guy is a f*cking joke.

Am not disputing Nania exactly...  but... I read an article yesterday that claimed

LJ ran 16 times and was put down 15 by contact...  yet the short NFL reel showed a TD untouched,

ankle breaking 8 yd wher he ran OOB and like a 13 yder where he threw himself to ground...

so, thats 3 not down by contact...    and I didnt see the other 13

Bill Belichick: "Study your opponent to gain an understanding of their weaknesses, so that you can then attack and exploit it."

Adam Gase: Study the round hole before you attempt to hammer through a square peg. 

It is pretty obvious.  Gase wants to pass the ball.  Even if he knows he can win more games by running a balanced offense right now, he is not going to.  In one regard he has somewhat of the right idea.  The current rules BEG you to pass the ball.  Building an offense to run the ball is pretty much like choosing to row up steam.  In that sense, Gase has it right.  It is was Chris Johnson was referring to when he said of Gase, that "he is coaching to where football is going"

The problem is, no coach or GM can wave a magic want and "poof"  you have the perfect roster for the system that you are queer for.  You have injuries to deal with, game planning against  your opponent's weakness, weather considerations and so on... 

"No plan survives first contact with the enemy"

Any coach that can not adjust his plan to suit the skills and limitations of his players as they relate to the skills and limitations of his opponent is a BAD coach... 

Any coach that is not DRIVEN to win NOW is a *LOOSER*

F**K sake, Rex was pissed off about not winning the Jets/Giants Snoopy trophy...

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He should, because there's nothing more quintessentially Boomer than bumbling through an awkward paraphrasing of the most blindingly obvious parts of Sun Tzu and then acting like you've deciphered some profound mystery.

And yet, Gase can’t even figure out the obvious.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Wow, that's a tough one to try to explain away.

Slow inside runner as your main back, the worst pair of run blocking tackles in the league and a bad blocking TE, two long runs returned for holding setting the team up for 2nd or 3rd and 15.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase stinks but to his defense, our high priced starting rb cant run outside because he is too slow.  If Gase had balls he would have benched bell and ran powell and montgomery outside.  leveon bell's lack of speed is killing the run game.  Hes atrocious.

i'm not so sure about that. he looked plenty fast on that 23 yard run that was called back.  his main problem this season is he is being hit by the first tackler and that's mainly on the oline.  i do agree with some of the outside flak because the jets did make some gains when they ran screens or plays to the outside.

• Post of the Week 2

The 2019 Jets stink but Gase has done nothing to inspire any kind of confidence in him going forward.  We all know that a pile of injuries and a swiss cheese roster have built in enough excuses to get this clown another year to prove himself, and that is why the Jets will never be a top flight organization - they ALWAYS kick the can down the road instead of making the hard decisions when they actually need to be made. 

• Upvote 4

0-4: Gase is saddled with a backup QB and shouldn't be expected to win or even field competent offenses! Only other teams do that!

1-7: Darnold is the problem! 

4-7: Gase is a genius!

4-8: Leveon is the problem!

Meanwhile, this coach's teams over 4 years are:
- 27-33
- 25 of those 33 losses are by double digits
- 7 wins against 14 double-digit losses in his last 27 games
- 4 wins against 6 double-digit losses on the Jets alone
- Peyton-less

• Post of the Week 2

23 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No one is saying run him more, but running him up the middle incessantly where the Bengals are actually talented is poor planning and goes against a winning formula. 

Yes...  Don't run him up the gut.  At the very least, get him out in space and throw him the ball.  Put him in bunch formation on the end, a screen pass.. Anything.  If you don't use your best players why bother ???

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Bill Belichick: "Study your opponent to gain an understanding of their weaknesses, so that you can then attack and exploit it."

Adam Gase: Study the round hole before you attempt to hammer through a square peg. 

It is pretty obvious.  Gase wants to pass the ball.  Even if he knows he can win more games by running a balanced offense right now, he is not going to.  In one regard he has somewhat of the right idea.  The current rules BEG you to pass the ball.  Building an offense to run the ball is pretty much like choosing to row up steam.  In that sense, Gase has it right.  It is was Chris Johnson was referring to when he said of Gase, that "he is coaching to where football is going"

The problem is, no coach or GM can wave a magic want and "poof"  you have the perfect roster for the system that you are queer for.  You have injuries to deal with, game planning against  your opponent's weakness, weather considerations and so on... 

"No plan survives first contact with the enemy"

Any coach that can not adjust his plan to suit the skills and limitations of his players as they relate to the skills and limitations of his opponent is a BAD coach... 

Any coach that is not DRIVEN to win NOW is a *LOOSER*

F**K sake, Rex was pissed off about not winning the Jets/Giants Snoopy trophy...

For all of Rex's warts.....you could never doubt his passion and his players always came to play....except AFC championship games. I would still take Rex over Gase at this point I think. I have been trying to stay patient but man...Gase makes it difficult. 

16 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

For all of Rex's warts.....you could never doubt his passion and his players always came to play....except AFC championship games. I would still take Rex over Gase at this point I think. I have been trying to stay patient but man...Gase makes it difficult. 

I love Rex too but this is recency bias talking.  The last 3 years of Rex Ryan were an unmitigated disaster.  I think even Bart Scott would admit some of those teams checked out in December. 

• Upvote 1