Panthers Fire Ron Rivera

Welp

26 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Didn’t Christopher come out and say Gase will be the coach in 2020

Non story in terms of us getting Rivera

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Johnson in January 2018 after giving Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles two-year contract extensions:

• “Something special is happening there.”
  • “I like the idea of some stability and going from year-to-year just didn’t seem right.”
  • “I want to build a team with Mike and Todd that can compete for the playoffs every year.”
  • “I completely disagree with the idea that Mike and Todd are the wrong guys. I wouldn’t have extended them if I didn’t think that they were the right guys to take this team forward. I love working with them. I have great respect for them and their roles. I think they’re really quite extraordinary.”
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, jgb said:

Wait he couldn’t use his QB getting hurt as an excuse? Just a foreign concept to see HCs accountable for results regardless of circumstances.

I wish Kraft would have fired BB after his 2nd year. Might of had a chance to bring him back.

25 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Press Conference was great, the owner and Rivera handled this professionally - rare but nice to see

RR has a winning record as a HC and should get another chance

This regime and owner didn't hire him

It was just a matter of time

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I wish Kraft would have fired BB after his 2nd year. Might of had a chance to bring him back.

That is a terrible reason not to fire a crappy HC. Like saying you should cash out your 401(k) for lottery tickets because someone won once.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Produce the posts where you were calling for Maccagnan to be fired during his first season with the team sir 

The jets went 10-6 that year 

I was screaming for both Mac and Bowles to be fired after they got exposed the following year

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Produce the posts where you were calling for Maccagnan to be fired during his first season with the team sir 

I admit that I was one year late to that party. The first year I got caught up in the 10-6 record, but quickly caught on afterwards.  I'm not willing to make the same mistake twice. 

edit to add: Macc as a GM was also an unknown his first year here. Gase as a HC is the following:

23 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Meanwhile, this coach's teams over 4 years are:
- 27-33
- 25 of those 33 losses are by double digits
- 7 wins against 14 double-digit losses in his last 27 games
- 4 wins against 6 double-digit losses on the Jets alone
- Peyton-less

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

We'd be a lot closer with a different HC, that's for damned sure. For the group of people who love numbers, it's interesting how willingly blind they are towards Gase's history by the numbers. 

Gase is Josh McDaniels with a fluke playoff appearance on his resume

I cannot believe we are stuck with this idiot 2 more losing seasons

Two thing I am certain of.  1.)  That Ron Rivera will be hired again soon.  2.)  Chris Petersen will be offered an NFL job a year from now once he de-pressurizes from the grind of CFB. He'll probably turn it down.  But that guy is way to good not to be in coaching somewhere.

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s difficult to compete in a world where literally every conceivable coach would have done a better job with this Jets team (excluding the three weeks prior to Sunday) than the current Jets coach.

Since you didn't address it earlier, I'll use the below to state that it's difficult to compete in an NFL where literally every conceivable win-loss metric shows that the current Jets coach sucks at coaching in the NFL unless he has Peyton as his QB. I'd much rather take a shot on an unproven guy than ride or die with someone whose only reliably consistent charting data proves his ability to lose in blowout fashion. 

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Meanwhile, this coach's teams over 4 years are:
- 27-33
- 25 of those 33 losses are by double digits
- 7 wins against 14 double-digit losses in his last 27 games
- 4 wins against 6 double-digit losses on the Jets alone
- Peyton-less

So the most Jetsy thing that could happen is that the Panthers hire McCarthy, the Bears hire Rivera and the Jets stick with Gase because stuff. The Panthers and Bears go on to be respectable perennial contenders led by Allen & Trubisky with proven NFL head coaches while the Jets flounder around looking foolish for sticking with dipsh*t crazy eyes Gase for too long while destroying Darnolds career.

38 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Since you didn't address it earlier, I'll use the below to state that it's difficult to compete in an NFL where literally every conceivable win-loss metric shows that the current Jets coach sucks at coaching in the NFL unless he has Peyton as his QB. I'd much rather take a shot on an unproven guy than ride or die with someone whose only reliably consistent charting data proves his ability to lose in blowout fashion. 

Payton Manning would have been in traction behind this Oline. So don’t give me that sh*t!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 9:51 PM, T0mShane said:

Mike McCarthy calling in a favor with an old Packers beat guy to get his name circling. Sad.

You are good for humor but for Football, sadly, you are braindead.  You did not see MM gettting the first interview, did you but you are quick to smear him. 

Your boy Marone will be a coordinator in the NFL or college and the fraud Bowles a commentator at ACC Network.  

On 12/4/2019 at 9:39 AM, BigRy56 said:

Rivera is a good head coach - I wish the Jets would dump Gase and bring him in. Instead he'll go right to the Giants

He is over qualify to coach the Jets just as was the case with Bill Cowher, MM, etc.  The Jets criteria to hire a HC or better yet the two clowns that make fatal decision every single time is to go and get a project second time around coach who has been fired after being over his head in his first try or a "hot" and coming defensive coordinator.