Jump to content
RonaldJet

Sam Darnold third highest pff grade since week 10

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, JiF said:

It's literally no different than Kipers top 5 each year but this is neat!!!

No, it's not the same.  Kiper has a top 5 each year, yes.  But QBase has scores that you can track over multiple seasons.  I.E. they have the ability to compare prospects across multiple draft classes.  

Here were there scores on 2017-19 prospects, ranked.  Notice how Mahomes and Lamar Jackson are both in the top 3.  I highly doubt Mel Kiper "nailed it" on that level.  

They whiffed on Joshua Dobbs on one end and Deshaun Watson on the other.  That doesn't make it a useless tool, and there's no chance QB experts do better than QBase using the "eye test" method.  

 

  1. Baker Mayfield:  1,480
  2. Pat Mahomes:  656
  3. Lamar Jackson:  656
  4. Josh Rosen:  623
  5. Kyler Murray:  595
  6. Dwayne Haskins:  527
  7. Mitchell Trubisky:  435
  8. Joshua Dobbs:  419
  9. Sam Darnold:  412
  10. Ryan Finley:  398
  11. Mason Rudolph:  343
  12. Davis Webb:  286
  13. Luke Falk:  277
  14. Drew Lock:  271
  15. Daniel Jones:  263
  16. Deshaun Watson:  261
  17. Kyle Lauletta:  89
  18. Brad Kaaya:  6
  19. DeShone Kizer:  -30
  20. Jarrett Stidham:  -45
  21. Josh Allen:  -83
  22. Will Grier:  -151
  23. Nathan Peterman:  -245

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, it's not the same.  Kiper has a top 5 each year, yes.  But QBase has scores that you can track over multiple seasons.  I.E. they have the ability to compare prospects across multiple draft classes.  

Here were there scores on 2017-19 prospects, ranked.  Notice how Mahomes and Lamar Jackson are both in the top 3.  I highly doubt Mel Kiper "nailed it" on that level.  

They whiffed on Joshua Dobbs on one end and Deshaun Watson on the other.  That doesn't make it a useless tool, and there's no chance QB experts do better than QBase using the "eye test" method.  

 

  1. Baker Mayfield:  1,480
  2. Pat Mahomes:  656
  3. Lamar Jackson:  656
  4. Josh Rosen:  623
  5. Kyler Murray:  595
  6. Dwayne Haskins:  527
  7. Mitchell Trubisky:  435
  8. Joshua Dobbs:  419
  9. Sam Darnold:  412
  10. Ryan Finley:  398
  11. Mason Rudolph:  343
  12. Davis Webb:  286
  13. Luke Falk:  277
  14. Drew Lock:  271
  15. Daniel Jones:  263
  16. Deshaun Watson:  261
  17. Kyle Lauletta:  89
  18. Brad Kaaya:  6
  19. DeShone Kizer:  -30
  20. Jarrett Stidham:  -45
  21. Josh Allen:  -83
  22. Will Grier:  -151
  23. Nathan Peterman:  -245

I dont know how you look at this list and are impressed with this list but ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know how you look at this list and are impressed with this list but ok. 

Not enough time has passed to make a complete analysis of the 2017-19 classes.  But when you look back at their archive, it's quite definitive that it's a useful tool.  Here's their top 10 since 1997:

 

PLAYER QBASE DRAFTED CAREER
YARDAGE
CAREER
TDS
Philip Rivers 1,964 No. 4, 2004 50,348 342
Carson Palmer 1,916 No. 1, 2003 46,247 294
Donovan McNabb 1,799 No. 2, 1999 37,276 234
Baker Mayfield 1,480 ? ? ?
Russell Wilson 1,288 No. 75, 2012 22,176 161
Peyton Manning 1,279 No. 1, 1998 71,940 539
Marcus Mariota 1,277 No. 2, 2015 9,476 58
Byron Leftwich 1,216 No. 7, 2003 10,532 58
Aaron Rodgers 1,216 No. 24, 2005 38,502 313
Ben Roethlisberger 1,211 No. 11, 2004 51,065 329

 

Hits:  Rivers, Palmer, McNabb, Wilson, Manning, Rodgers, Big Ben

Misses:  Mariota, Leftwich, and possibly Mayfield.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not enough time has passed to make a complete analysis of the 2017-19 classes.  But when you look back at their archive, it's quite definitive that it's a useful tool.  Here's their top 10 since 1997:

 

PLAYER QBASE DRAFTED CAREER
YARDAGE
CAREER
TDS
Philip Rivers 1,964 No. 4, 2004 50,348 342
Carson Palmer 1,916 No. 1, 2003 46,247 294
Donovan McNabb 1,799 No. 2, 1999 37,276 234
Baker Mayfield 1,480 ? ? ?
Russell Wilson 1,288 No. 75, 2012 22,176 161
Peyton Manning 1,279 No. 1, 1998 71,940 539
Marcus Mariota 1,277 No. 2, 2015 9,476 58
Byron Leftwich 1,216 No. 7, 2003 10,532 58
Aaron Rodgers 1,216 No. 24, 2005 38,502 313
Ben Roethlisberger 1,211 No. 11, 2004 51,065 329

 

Hits:  Rivers, Palmer, McNabb, Wilson, Manning, Rodgers, Big Ben

Misses:  Mariota, Leftwich, and possibly Mayfield.  

 

 

And here's more:

 

On 3/23/2018 at 4:12 PM, CTM said:

This is from 2016 ( i believe it's been improved since then)

 

QBASE Projections 1996-2016
Player Drafted By Pick Year Predicted DYAR
In Years 3-5
Actual DYAR
in Years 3-5
Philip Rivers SD 4 2004 1969 2679
Carson Palmer CIN 1 2003 1934 2268
Donovan McNabb PHI 2 1999 1831 1075
Peyton Manning IND 1 1998 1306 3922
Marcus Mariota TEN 2 2015 1302 --***
Russell Wilson SEA 75 2012 1246 1695**
Byron Leftwich JAC 7 2003 1239 369
Ben Roethlisberger PIT 11 2004 1227 1381
Jared Goff -- -- 2016 1211 --***
Aaron Rodgers GB 24 2005 1205 1891
Robert Griffin WAS 2 2012 1193 -374**
Matthew Stafford DET 1 2009 1191 3021
Andrew Luck IND 1 2012 1140 754**
John Beck MIA 40 2007 1136 -143
Matt Leinart ARI 10 2006 1130 -56
Christian Ponder MIN 12 2011 1123 -188
Daunte Culpepper MIN 11 1999 1120 1620
Chad Pennington NYJ 18 2000 1114 2631
Cade McNown CHI 12 1999 1047 0
Jay Cutler DEN 11 2006 1020 831
Geno Smith NYJ 39 2013 1015 0*
Eli Manning NYG 1 2004 1002 1179
Danny Wuerffel NO 99 1997 951 -160
Teddy Bridgewater MIN 32 2014 923 --***
Kevin Kolb PHI 36 2007 887 33
Player Drafted By Pick Year Predicted DYAR
In Years 3-5
Actual DYAR
in Years 3-5
Brian Brohm GB 56 2008 863 0
Jason Campbell WAS 25 2005 838 666
Kellen Clemens NYJ 49 2006 838 -92
Tim Tebow DEN 25 2010 833 -9
Alex Smith SF 1 2005 789 -763
Cam Newton CAR 1 2011 705 937
Jake Plummer ARI 42 1997 687 266
Drew Brees SD 32 2001 665 1822
Derek Carr OAK 36 2014 626 --***
Andrew Walter OAK 69 2005 626 -227
Colt McCoy CLE 85 2010 616 -19
JaMarcus Russell OAK 1 2007 597 -834
Sam Bradford STL 1 2010 575 692
Vince Young TEN 3 2006 564 616
Jimmy Garoppolo NE 62 2014 560 --***
Tim Couch CLE 1 1999 513 -366
David Greene SEA 85 2005 472 0
David Carr HOU 1 2002 463 -215
Charlie Frye CLE 67 2005 457 -271
Johnny Manziel CLE 22 2014 456 --***
Nick Foles PHI 88 2012 444 -91**
Jameis Winston TB 1 2015 439 --***
Tarvaris Jackson MIN 64 2006 429 162
Dak Prescott -- -- 2016 424 --***
Drew Stanton DET 43 2007 414 174
Player Drafted By Pick Year Predicted DYAR
in Years 3-5
Actual DYAR
in Years 3-5
Quincy Carter DAL 53 2001 387 263
Blake Bortles JAC 3 2014 373 --***
Matt Barkley PHI 98 2013 344 0*
Sean Mannion STL 89 2015 341 --***
Akili Smith CIN 3 1999 325 -55
Matt Schaub ATL 90 2004 312 1181
Michael Vick ATL 1 2001 310 -518
Joey Harrington DET 3 2002 309 -149
EJ Manuel BUF 16 2013 275 -26*
Carson Wentz -- -- 2016 274 --***
Chad Henne MIA 57 2008 265 183
Jake Locker TEN 8 2011 261 -102
Joe Flacco BAL 18 2008 256 1462
Brock Huard SEA 77 1999 254 -8
Ryan Leaf SD 2 1998 252 -727
Shaun King TB 50 1999 222 -102
Brandon Weeden CLE 22 2012 219 48**
Brady Quinn CLE 22 2007 182 -207
Blaine Gabbert JAC 10 2011 176 -531
Jim Druckenmiller SF 26 1997 165 0
Matt Ryan ATL 3 2008 134 3438
Andy Dalton CIN 35 2011 132 1917
Ryan Tannehill MIA 8 2012 120 650
Paxton Lynch -- -- 2016 106 --***
Rex Grossman CHI 22 2003 62 -175
Player Drafted By Pick Year Predicted DYAR
In Years 3-5
Actual DYAR
in Years 3-5
Colin Kaepernick SF 36 2011 58 703
Jimmy Clausen CAR 48 2010 46 -5
Dave Ragone HOU 88 2003 30 0
Chris Redman BAL 75 2000 -8 -67
Josh Freeman TB 17 2009 -17 -154
J.P. Losman BUF 22 2004 -25 -310
Pat White MIA 44 2009 -37 0
Kyle Boller BAL 19 2003 -42 56
Ryan Mallett NE 74 2011 -51 87
Patrick Ramsey WAS 32 200 -78 -169
Brodie Croyle KC 85 2006 -173 -62
Garrett Grayson NO 75 2015 -196 --***
Charlie Whitehurst SD 81 2006 -271 -141
Chris Simms TB 97 2003 -271 -166
Connor Cook -- -- 2016 -296 --***
Brian Griese DEN 91 1998 -297 2004
Mike Glennon TB 73 2013 -324 0*
Josh McCown ARI 81 2002 -339 -102
Marques Tuiasosopo OAK 59 2001 -377 -49
Kevin O'Connell NE 94 2008 -409 0
Christian Hackenberg -- -- 2016 -409 --***
Mark Sanchez NYJ 5 2009 -430 -649
Trent Edwards BUF 92 2007 -524 -564
Charlie Batch DET 60 1998 -525 59
Brock Osweiler DEN 57 2012 -860 148**
* Year 3 only
** Years 3 and 4 only
*** Not yet reached Year 3



 

 

The most impressive part of this list are the QB's they had at the bottom half of their list:  Osweiler, Sanchez, Hackenberg, Connor Cook, Ryan Mallett, Kyle Boller, Jimmy Clausen, Ryan Leaf, Brady Quinn, Jake Locker, etc.

Lot's of teams used high draft picks on those guys.  Meaning lot's of scouts missed badly where QBase had it right.  

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, it's not the same.  Kiper has a top 5 each year, yes.  But QBase has scores that you can track over multiple seasons.  I.E. they have the ability to compare prospects across multiple draft classes.  

Here were there scores on 2017-19 prospects, ranked.  Notice how Mahomes and Lamar Jackson are both in the top 3.  I highly doubt Mel Kiper "nailed it" on that level.  

They whiffed on Joshua Dobbs on one end and Deshaun Watson on the other.  That doesn't make it a useless tool, and there's no chance QB experts do better than QBase using the "eye test" method.  

 

  1. Baker Mayfield:  1,480
  2. Pat Mahomes:  656
  3. Lamar Jackson:  656
  4. Josh Rosen:  623
  5. Kyler Murray:  595
  6. Dwayne Haskins:  527
  7. Mitchell Trubisky:  435
  8. Joshua Dobbs:  419
  9. Sam Darnold:  412
  10. Ryan Finley:  398
  11. Mason Rudolph:  343
  12. Davis Webb:  286
  13. Luke Falk:  277
  14. Drew Lock:  271
  15. Daniel Jones:  263
  16. Deshaun Watson:  261
  17. Kyle Lauletta:  89
  18. Brad Kaaya:  6
  19. DeShone Kizer:  -30
  20. Jarrett Stidham:  -45
  21. Josh Allen:  -83
  22. Will Grier:  -151
  23. Nathan Peterman:  -245

Mayfield at #1?

I’m with you on this 80!!! I love this system!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 14 in Green said:

Mayfield at #1?

I’m with you on this 80!!! I love this system!

Clearly its not perfect.  🤣

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Don’t forget Haden, Marinovich and Leinart.

somewhere out there @HelenOfTroy is cursing us right now, lol.

Pat Haden was like the Danny White to Vince Ferragamo. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

And here's more:

 

 

 

The most impressive part of this list are the QB's they had at the bottom half of their list:  Osweiler, Sanchez, Hackenberg, Connor Cook, Ryan Mallett, Kyle Boller, Jimmy Clausen, Ryan Leaf, Brady Quinn, Jake Locker, etc.

Lot's of teams used high draft picks on those guys.  Meaning lot's of scouts missed badly where QBase had it right.  

 

Its arguably better at telling you who not to draft than who to draft. Even still it outperforms scouts on the latter every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I dont think people understand how or why this works, it's just sorcery to them therefore as meaningful as thier eye test 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Pat Haden was like the Danny White to Vince Ferragamo. 

Ferragamo. That’s a name from the past.... I used to love that guy. (It’s an Italian thing though).

I’m not giving up on DeVito either! 😉

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

And here's more:

 

 

 

The most impressive part of this list are the QB's they had at the bottom half of their list:  Osweiler, Sanchez, Hackenberg, Connor Cook, Ryan Mallett, Kyle Boller, Jimmy Clausen, Ryan Leaf, Brady Quinn, Jake Locker, etc.

Lot's of teams used high draft picks on those guys.  Meaning lot's of scouts missed badly where QBase had it right.  

 

The top of that list is impressive, but it reallllllyyyyyy derails after Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Warfish said:

So tell us the Sam you see. 

I see a young, continuously improving and dynamic future FQB.  Has the ability to make plays almost no other QB in NFL can make. Seems to learn quickly from mistakes and rarely duplicate them

I think his greatest strength is not short passing but intermediate level passing especially on the move. 

He has excellent pocket awareness and movement in the pocket. I do not think he "leaves early" as others do too often

He has a strong arm and is very very accurate

He is extremely good at being accurate from odd positions and less than perfect feet. He does need to work on stepping into throws when he has the time.

He is very good at throwing the slant (we dont run enough) as well as screens and dumpoffs.

He is almost too focused on making plays down the field when scrambling, he needs to just take the available yards more often.

He is very secure at holding on to the ball

He can improve on deep ball accuracy, though we do not have receivers that have any ability to adjust whatsoever. Our receivers, even Andersen are poor at tracking and adjusting to deep balls

Some negatives:

He is a rhythm and confidence QB so his lows and highs can be more pronounced than some QBs,

His confidence seems to feed off the initial pass. If he has a good one and fits it in a tight window rest of game goes well, sometimes if he is off on first pass he never seems to get fully in rhythm

He has had a few really bad games where he almost disappears. Not only in this bad, but it skews the perception of his entire season

He is still a little frenetic in the pocket he needs to be calmer and less "happy" in going through his progressions

When his confidence takes a hit he can start missing high which makes the performance even worse

He is a better up tempo/no huddle QB than a planning/adjusting QB like Peyton but Gase still seems to want to force him into the latter.

Overall:

He is a franchise QB and in the Top 5 most gifted QBs passing the ball in the end. His performance this year is noticeably better than last despite a much worse OL, a terrible run game package, and questionable receivers. He is still younger than some of the top prospects coming out, so his room for improvement is still very high. If he was behind a Top 5 OL like Dallas or Pittsburgh he would be a Top 5 QB in the NFL right now.

The ugly footnote: Sam loves him, but Gase is just not a good fit for Sam. Gase still wants Sam to conform to "his" offense rather than building an offense around Sam's strengths. Yes we saw some improvement there in last 4 weeks but not nearly enough.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Why not judge with your eyes?

This is why I hate this 

Bingo.

its like the misguided snobby guitarists in the world that use specs as justification for why their digital emulating processors / amplifiers are superior instead of using their EARS.

they sound awful. Long live the vacuum tube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all have a prediction for how he will turn out, and we also have a degree of confidence in our prediction.  I have no problem with anyone's prediction, good or bad, but if anyone has a high degree of confidence of (anything), I seriously question that.

Also, people have said that the line and receivers isn't an excuse.  That may or may not be true, but we're never winning anything with our current OL and receivers, I don't care if he's Bart Starr.  All I care about is how he performs if we have a decent to good OL and receivers.  Hopefully we will soon.  And if we do - can people confidently predict how he will perform then?  I don't think so.  We're all just making educated guesses.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I have no problem with anyone's prediction, good or bad, but if anyone has a high degree of confidence of (anything), I seriously question that.

w/ a decent OL I have 100% confidence that Sam achieve a level of success that puts him in the top half of

the middleof the pack of 32 NFL starting QB....    ranked 12- 16 

It is getting into the top 3rd, and hopefully the top 10 for several years that I have doubts...  I'd say ~ 50/50.

( Our only QB to do that anywhere near recently was 2015 Fitz)

image.thumb.png.bc2deda36349fb39574bd4161a539444.png

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and this business of Sam making plays no one else can...

TA GUEULE!!

keanu reeves thank you GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Bingo.

its like the misguided snobby guitarists in the world that use specs as justification for why their digital emulating processors / amplifiers are superior instead of using their EARS.

they sound awful. Long live the vacuum tube

 

That's not at all an appropriate analogy. 

If you want to make the right pick at QB, it's far more reliable to use QBase than the eye test.  This is a patently true statement.  

Music is subjective.  Numbers, not so much.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not enough time has passed to make a complete analysis of the 2017-19 classes.  But when you look back at their archive, it's quite definitive that it's a useful tool.  Here's their top 10 since 1997:

 

PLAYER QBASE DRAFTED CAREER
YARDAGE
CAREER
TDS
Philip Rivers 1,964 No. 4, 2004 50,348 342
Carson Palmer 1,916 No. 1, 2003 46,247 294
Donovan McNabb 1,799 No. 2, 1999 37,276 234
Baker Mayfield 1,480 ? ? ?
Russell Wilson 1,288 No. 75, 2012 22,176 161
Peyton Manning 1,279 No. 1, 1998 71,940 539
Marcus Mariota 1,277 No. 2, 2015 9,476 58
Byron Leftwich 1,216 No. 7, 2003 10,532 58
Aaron Rodgers 1,216 No. 24, 2005 38,502 313
Ben Roethlisberger 1,211 No. 11, 2004 51,065 329

 

Hits:  Rivers, Palmer, McNabb, Wilson, Manning, Rodgers, Big Ben

Misses:  Mariota, Leftwich, and possibly Mayfield.  

 

Meh, I've beaten this topic to death with CTM.  I dont think QBbase is impressive. Their criteria is legit moronic at times and completely inconsistent.  I dont know I guess it's just me but it's not an overly impressive list, especially the extended one you posted and I get how hard predicting QB success but it still doesnt provide any type of insight that wasnt already known.  Palmer, Rivers, Manning, McNabb, etc.  All these dudes were 1st round pick (sans Wilson and I'd argue only because of size) without QBbase. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QBASE is a pretty basic formula, if you’re accurate and start 4+ years you’ll have a high score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I see a young, continuously improving and dynamic future FQB.

I think this is accurate.  A little optimistic, but generally fair.  He's not a FQB yet, but belief that he will be one in the future is perhaps justifiable. 

Quote

Has the ability to make plays almost no other QB in NFL can make.

This is just laughable tho.  I can't even take this seriously.....

There is alot of the rest I can find some agreement with.  So I'm not going to go line by line as usual or crap on your optimism, hyperbolic and lacking objectivity tho it appears to be to me in some places.  

I hope, from the deepest recesses of my bitter cynical soul, that you're right and my doubts are wrong.  But if you are, I do expect to start seeing it in actual production, not just flowery prose on a forum, or endless rationale about how bad everyone else is so Sam can't be judged....  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Ferragamo. That’s a name from the past.... I used to love that guy. (It’s an Italian thing though).

I’m not giving up on DeVito either! 😉

 

Always wanted that guy to be a Jet when he was at Nebraska.  Didn’t he go play in Canada first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

  

I hope, from the deepest recesses of my bitter cynical soul, that you're right and my doubts are wrong.  But if you are, I do expect to start seeing it in actual production, not just flowery prose on a forum, or endless rationale about how bad everyone else is so Sam can't be judged....  

 

We all hope that. The cynical part of me worries that Sam will never be given a decent head coach, a good OL and some actual playmakers and he never becomes that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QBASE is a pretty basic formula, if you’re accurate and start 4+ years you’ll have a high score. 


Yet NFL teams draft inaccurate / inexperienced QBs high all the time. Pretty amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Fitzpatrick was tremendous for us that one year, no question about it.  It is silly to suggest otherwise.

He is also the perfect backup QB.  A guy that can come in and play at a high level and win you some games.  He can also be bad but that is the reason he is not a starter. 

Disagree Fitz is a locker room cancer and he’s also a jinx everywhere he goes the starting QBs gets injured and/or suspended

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Disagree Fitz is a locker room cancer and he’s also a jinx everywhere he goes the starting QBs gets injured and/or suspended

This is simply incorrect, he is very good in the locker room and respected.  Zero to suggest otherwise.  Because the team supported him in his hold out and then they fell on their asses people drum up this non narrative.

In 2015 the team was 5-5 and clinging to any playoff hope.  They they won 5 games in a row including a win over NE.  During that time Fitz was 13 tds and 1 int. 

Fitz was terrific that year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming there will be continuous tweaks to QBASE as QB's are playing less in college and coming out after 1 or 2 good seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Our receivers, even Andersen are poor at tracking and adjusting to deep balls

This is a lie.

You can say a lot of things about Robby. Body position and tracking the ball really has never been an issue.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This is simply incorrect, he is very good in the locker room and respected.  Zero to suggest otherwise.  Because the team supported him in his hold out and then they fell on their asses people drum up this non narrative.

In 2015 the team was 5-5 and clinging to any playoff hope.  They they won 5 games in a row including a win over NE.  During that time Fitz was 13 tds and 1 int. 

Fitz was terrific that year.

Fitz it’s a pros pro. You don’t last in the league as long as he has without earning a ton of respect/credibility. 

You can plug guys like McCown and Fitz into the starting lineup, and instantly have credible QB play. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, section314 said:

I hope Max has a good filing system. This classic will need to be pulled out soon.

Sam Darnold could not even play consistent football in college and when he should have been lighting it up vs inferior opponents/athletes than he would be facing in the NFL he was throwing Int's at an alarming rate and it was concerning for me then.

So now he's doing the same damn thing in the NFL and for some strange reason I'm supposed to believe he can Improve and suddenly become a consistently good QB when he still exhibits very poor mechanics (that were plainly visible in college) that are causing major problems. He does have a "good' arm but not an elite one like say Mahomes who can cover up throwing off his back foot, I've seen him do it. Even saying that Mahomes does not throw off his back foot nearly as much as Sam who does it at any sign of pressure. Talking about pressure he's terrible dealing with it. I don't think he's afraid at all like some say, that's ridiculous, I just feel he's simply bad at dealing with it causing his mechanics to fail him over and over.

Now if this team gets better and Joe Douglas builds a winner I do believe there's a chance Sam Darnold will beat up on those inferior opponents but what happens when you start facing those elite pass rushers and consistent pressure defenses you're going to see in the playoffs ? Those 12-4 11-5 records mean nothing once you get in the playoffs and Sam will be the same damn guy you're seeing now and revert back to playing bad under pressure. Does anyone on this board (including you section314) feel comfortable that Sam can take a beating like the ones we see Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady take and then beat you in the 4th quarter with  a few amazing drives in the face of that same pressure ? Because that's what it takes to be an elite QB not the crap we are currently looking at. Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes seem to be doing just fine when under pressure and I'm sure the stats in those situations will confirm that statement... and guess what ? They are young QB's too. 

How many times has Sam Darnold drove us up the field or even engineered a comeback in the 4th quarter ? Has he ever ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Wasn’t the guy playing with mononucleosis that game?

Yeah but last time I looked Mono does not cause bad mechanics 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CTM said:

Its arguably better at telling you who not to draft than who to draft. Even still it outperforms scouts on the latter every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I dont think people understand how or why this works, it's just sorcery to them therefore as meaningful as thier eye test 

I love it.

Pennington killing the game. Eli who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This is simply incorrect, he is very good in the locker room and respected.  Zero to suggest otherwise.  Because the team supported him in his hold out and then they fell on their asses people drum up this non narrative.

In 2015 the team was 5-5 and clinging to any playoff hope.  They they won 5 games in a row including a win over NE.  During that time Fitz was 13 tds and 1 int. 

Fitz was terrific that year.

Fitz publicly pouted like a child after he was rightfully benched in 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...