Jump to content
RonaldJet

Sean McDermott-The most underrated coach in the NFL?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Bills remind me a lot of the 2009, 2010 New York Jets. Very talented team with a suspect QB that I think will eventually catch up to them over time.

The problem with a QB like Allen, is that when you eventually have to pay him, you have to commit a good amount of your cap to him, and when you do that you need that QB to make players around him better. I don't think Allen will be able to do that. 

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Josh Allen is a poor man's Cam Newton. And that's not a dig.

i almost totally agree with your 2009/10 Jets comparison. You can go all the way with him, but you need to maintain the current type of dynamic.  But he is more of the reason for the Bills success than Sanchez was to those Jets teams. Allen is not along for the ride. He is one of the dudes driving the bus.

The Bills have a legitimate shot at winning the AFC East this year. They best make the most of it.

Longer term however, you also have to hope he stays healthy. He may not be the same guy he is today in 4 years. The way he plays he may be in concussion protocol every few weeks. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is McDermott and Beane they are buliding something scary. They have cap. They have been drafting very well the players are praising the atmosphere and Josh Allen has been dare i say it trending towards a franchise qb getting better and better every week 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

It is McDermott and Beane they are buliding something scary. 

UNCW grad Brandon Beane.  :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took 20 years but someone in the division has finally caught up to NE. Bills have built a very solid program.

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McDermott has done a good job building this team. 2 trips to the playoffs in 3 years for a team that hadn't seen the playoffs since 1999. They are not totally there yet but they are in alot better shape right now than the Jets or the Fish

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not McDermott, its Josh Allen.  Hes the most underated qb in the league.  He has 0 offensive weapons and continues to lead that team to victory week in and week out.  He is phenomenal.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not McDermott, its Josh Allen.  Hes the most underated qb in the league.  He has 0 offensive weapons and continues to lead that team to victory week in and week out.  He is phenomenal.  

Allen is a stud and playmaker, but McDermott deserves A ton credit for building an offense around his strengths and developing him. Also that defense they put out there is pretty good.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

McDermott has done a good job building this team. 2 trips to the playoffs in 3 years for a team that hadn't seen the playoffs since 1999. They are not totally there yet but they are in alot better shape right now than the Jets or the Fish

Miami looks like they are on the right track with Flores and oodles of draft picks and cap space. The Jets are stuck in limbo for at least another year, because the owner refuses to admit a mistake. 
 

While I’m not a fan of banners and publicly embarrassing the guy. I know he’s not the answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Allen is definitely better than I ever anticipated him being, no doubt. And he's definitely not just along for the ride, (e.g. Sanchez in 09 and 10).

That being said he doesn't need to carry the team week in and week out, but that's what happens when you have a competent coaching staff around you along with good drafting. He's been a game manager and playing well within the confines of the offense, but I still don't see him putting the team on his back when their defense inevitably struggles at some point. Just to further my point, he's never thrown for 300 yards and has averaged only 215 pass yards per game this year.

He's the poster boy for people thinking team success = qb success.

Edit: forgot the topic. Yes, so far McDermott seems to be a very good coach and should get some consideration for coach of the year if they finish out the season strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest difference between the Bills and Jets:

In 2015 we went 10-6 and instead of Mac realizing it was a one-season wonder, he tried to build off it.  He even acted like Fitzpatrick was an elite QB and wasted the entire off-season trying to sign him instead of realizing it was a career year and move on.  

In 2016 the Bills go 9-7 but realized in was a mirage and tore it down and drafted more wisely than the Jets.  They also understood the value of the O-line, something Mac never seemed to grasp. 

Now the Bills are in a position to challenge the Patriots and the Jets are wallowing at 4-8.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Josh Allen is a poor man's Cam Newton. And that's not a dig.

i almost totally agree with your 2009/10 Jets comparison. You can go all the way with him, but you need to maintain the current type of dynamic.  But he is more of the reason for the Bills success than Sanchez was to those Jets teams. Allen is not along for the ride. He is one of the dudes driving the bus.

The Bills have a legitimate shot at winning the AFC East this year. They best make the most of it.

Longer term however, you also have to hope he stays healthy. He may not be the same guy he is today in 4 years. The way he plays he may be in concussion protocol every few weeks. 

 

 

Agreed. Allen is definitely better than Sanchez was for the Jets.

But over time it's going to catch up to Buffalo because he's just not that good overall. He's not going to make players around him better. He's got a lot of physical ability but he has holes in his game that just aren't really correctable. You don't learn accuracy. You have it or you don't. That will always bite him in the end. And like you pointed out, with running being a big part of his game, health could be a concern. 

He is one of the guys driving the bus right now, and on a rookie deal he's fine. But when they have to pay him it's going to impact them in other areas and that's going to be where Allen gets more exposed in my opinion. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not McDermott, its Josh Allen.  Hes the most underated qb in the league.  He has 0 offensive weapons and continues to lead that team to victory week in and week out.  He is phenomenal.  

Yeah but his college completion percentage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Biggest difference between the Bills and Jets:

In 2015 we went 10-6 and instead of Mac realizing it was a one-season wonder, he tried to build off it.  He even acted like Fitzpatrick was an elite QB and wasted the entire off-season trying to sign him instead of realizing it was a career year and move on.  

In 2016 the Bills go 9-7 but realized in was a mirage and tore it down and drafted more wisely than the Jets.  They also understood the value of the O-line, something Mac never seemed to grasp. 

Now the Bills are in a position to challenge the Patriots and the Jets are wallowing at 4-8.

McDermott is a good coach.  Gase is a joke

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Biggest difference between the Bills and Jets:

In 2015 we went 10-6 and instead of Mac realizing it was a one-season wonder, he tried to build off it.  He even acted like Fitzpatrick was an elite QB and wasted the entire off-season trying to sign him instead of realizing it was a career year and move on.  

In 2016 the Bills go 9-7 but realized in was a mirage and tore it down and drafted more wisely than the Jets.  They also understood the value of the O-line, something Mac never seemed to grasp. 

Now the Bills are in a position to challenge the Patriots and the Jets are wallowing at 4-8.

THIS!!!!!    The Johnsons are only looking to go 9-7, 10-6. NO respectable team would try to keep Fitz signed and pass on Mahommes and Watson while you have Fitz/McCown.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

THIS!!!!!    The Johnsons are only looking to go 9-7, 10-6. NO respectable team would try to keep Fitz signed and pass on Mahommes and Watson while you have Fitz/McCown.  

It’s just stupidity on the Johnsons part they don’t have any actual strategy

 

We are stuck with Gase at a minimum 2 more years

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

But over time it's going to catch up to Buffalo because he's just not that good overall. He's not going to make players around him better.

WHAT??????????????????????  he has turned perenniel scrub John Brown into a pro bowler.  he has connected with john brown downfield for 20 plus yards, 14 times already this year.

He doesnt make players better my ass!

If Robby Anderson was on the bills hed have 1,000 yards and 8 tds already this year.  our qb cant hit him down the field if his life depended on it.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Brady and Belichick leave NE this offseason the AFCE will be the Bills division next 2-3 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. Allen is definitely better than Sanchez was for the Jets.

But over time it's going to catch up to Buffalo because he's just not that good overall. He's not going to make players around him better. He's got a lot of physical ability but he has holes in his game that just aren't really correctable. You don't learn accuracy. You have it or you don't. That will always bite him in the end. And like you pointed out, with running being a big part of his game, health could be a concern. 

He is one of the guys driving the bus right now, and on a rookie deal he's fine. But when they have to pay him it's going to impact them in other areas and that's going to be where Allen gets more exposed in my opinion. 

Phil Simms thought Josh Allen was the best QB in the draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

THIS!!!!!    The Johnsons are only looking to go 9-7, 10-6. NO respectable team would try to keep Fitz signed and pass on Mahommes and Watson while you have Fitz/McCown.  

Signing Fitzpatrick in the first place was a dumb move. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Signing Fitzpatrick in the first place was a dumb move. 

It was fine in 2015 when the jets had no options other than Geno 

 

The problem was Mac literally bidding against himself the following offseason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Phil Simms thought Josh Allen was the best QB in the draft.  

Allen is basically a slightly less as good Cam Newton or another guy he reminds me of is Vinny in his younger years when he ran a lot.  Great athlete who can scramble and improvise.  Not a great touch thrower to short and intermediate routes

 

I’d still rather have Sam.  But Allen is absolutely better than Mayfield 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It was fine in 2015 when the jets had no options other than Geno 

 

The problem was Mac literally bidding against himself the following offseason 

No it wasn't you go with the rookie instead of an aging loser journeyman vet who never made the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It was fine in 2015 when the jets had no options other than Geno 

 

The problem was Mac literally bidding against himself the following offseason 

why did you butt fumble someone for saying they are in better shape than us or the fish? 

Why are you the way you are. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McDermott seems solid. I'm definitely a little jealous of their organization the past couple of years. The only issue I ever see Bills fans complain about is their OC. That guy has to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No it wasn't you go with the rookie instead of an aging loser journeyman vet who never made the playoffs. 

Which rookie? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Which rookie? 

Any rookie or Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick did nothing positive for this organization he actually helped set us back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not McDermott, its Josh Allen.  Hes the most underated qb in the league.  He has 0 offensive weapons and continues to lead that team to victory week in and week out.  He is phenomenal.  

Do you even look at stats? Brown and Beasley are very good WR's. They both have 5 TD's and over 1500 yds between them. Also Singletery ang Gore have over 1200 yds. So you are incorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Any rookie or Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick did nothing positive for this organization he actually help set us back. 

Well the rookies were Hack who should never have been on an nfl roster and Petty who stunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ken Schroy said:

Do you even look at stats? Brown and Beasley are very good WR's. They both have 5 TD's and over 1500 yds between them. Also Singletery ang Gore have over 1200 yds. So you are incorrect.

So?  You’re acting like Allen has the 1998 Minnesota Vikings skill players 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Drafting Ed Oliver instead of trading up to get Quinnen Williams will haunt them!

Trading for Jonah would have haunted the jets like The Amityville Horror

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Well the rookies were Hack who should never have been on an nfl roster and Petty who stunk

Maybe we could have developed 1 of them into something instead of wasting time with Fitzpatrick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Maybe we could have developed 1 of them into something instead of wasting time with Fitzpatrick. 

But there was nothing to develop they were both horrible and untalented   And I hated Bowles but he was absolutely right to forget about both those scrubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...