Sean McDermott-The most underrated coach in the NFL?

RonaldJet

38 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Do you even look at stats? Brown and Beasley are very good WR's. They both have 5 TD's and over 1500 yds between them. Also Singletery ang Gore have over 1200 yds. So you are incorrect.

Brown, beasley and gore.  D coordinators are shaking in there boots.  havent seen anything like that trio since Bruce, holt and marshall faulk.

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Do you even look at stats? Brown and Beasley are very good WR's. They both have 5 TD's and over 1500 yds between them. Also Singletery ang Gore have over 1200 yds. So you are incorrect.

The reason they have those stats is because of the qb you dope.  Brown and beasely are both having career years.  Why is that?  Becasue they have a star at the qb position who has elevated their games with his passing.

• Upvote 3

I don't know whether I would say that McDermott is an under-rated coach.  He is a good coach by all accounts.  Most critically, he as a defensive coach was able to hire a capable offensive coordinator.   He worked with his GM to draft a QB and build around him.   The Bills have been making good decisions.

It is only fair to note that, up until recent years, the Bills and their owner the Pegulas were another dumpster fire.  They appear to have gotten their acts together.  

The Jets only catch up to the Bills when they draft better and make better decisions, and if Darnold's second contract, if any, is a better value than Josh Allen's second contract.  I don't think there is any doubt right now that Josh Allen will be getting a second contract.  Darnold has looked good at times, but people tend to alternate back and forth.

The Jets will be drafting higher than the Bills this year, and likely the next year, so they have a chance to catch up.

But clearly, the McDermott/Beane team over the past few years ran circles around the Bowles/Mac team that ran the Jets.  That is the cause of most of what we see now.  Gase or whomeever/Douglas will need to out-manage the Bills' FO going forward to catch up to them.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not McDermott, its Josh Allen.  Hes the most underated qb in the league.  He has 0 offensive weapons and continues to lead that team to victory week in and week out.  He is phenomenal.  

Zero is a bit of an insult. The Bills have a really good O line, two exceptional RBs in Gore and Singletary, and at least one WR  in Brown who averages 15 yds per catch fort his career.  

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. Allen is definitely better than Sanchez was for the Jets.

But over time it's going to catch up to Buffalo because he's just not that good overall. He's not going to make players around him better. He's got a lot of physical ability but he has holes in his game that just aren't really correctable. You don't learn accuracy. You have it or you don't. That will always bite him in the end. And like you pointed out, with running being a big part of his game, health could be a concern. 

He is one of the guys driving the bus right now, and on a rookie deal he's fine. But when they have to pay him it's going to impact them in other areas and that's going to be where Allen gets more exposed in my opinion. 

Quarterbacks who's value proposition depends a fair bit on their ability/threat to run have a short shelf life in this league.  History has proven that. 

Josh Allen. Lamar Jackson.  Ride them while you can.  Bills and Ravens fans should enjoy what they have now because they are a serious high ankle sprain away from it all going sideways.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Zero is a bit of an insult. The Bills have a really good O line, two exceptional RBs in Gore and Singletary, and at least one WR  in Brown who averages 15 yds per catch fort his career.  

2 exceptional rbs???  They have old man frank gore and a rookie who has done nothing in this league.

Tedd Ginn probably averages 15 yards a catch for a career.  That doesnt make you a good player.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

WHAT??????????????????????  he has turned perenniel scrub John Brown into a pro bowler.  he has connected with john brown downfield for 20 plus yards, 14 times already this year.

He doesnt make players better my ass!

If Robby Anderson was on the bills hed have 1,000 yards and 8 tds already this year.  our qb cant hit him down the field if his life depended on it.

Lmao he's averaging less per catch than his career average.

4 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Miami looks like they are on the right track with Flores and oodles of draft picks and cap space. The Jets are stuck in limbo for at least another year, because the owner refuses to admit a mistake. 

While I’m not a fan of banners and publicly embarrassing the guy. I know he’s not the answer. 

I can’t imagine anyone thinking we’re in a better spot right now then Miami.

They have loads of cap space, tons of draft picks, and a HC who has a decimated roster balling hard every week.

We are hoping. Hoping JD knows what he is doing. Hoping Gase can be a good HC. Hoping we can build an OL... I could go on, but you get the idea. We’re a very hopeful bunch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I can’t imagine anyone thinking we’re in a better spot right now then Miami.

They have loads of cap space, tons of draft picks, and a HC who has a decimated roster balling hard every week.

We are hoping. Hoping JD knows what he is doing. Hoping Gase can be a good HC. Hoping we can build an OL... I could go on, but you get the idea. We’re a very hopeful bunch.

I mean, Miami is all hope too. They need to hit on those draft picks. They have basically nothing.

Really we're in the same position as Miami, depending on whether or not you like Darnold. I do so I don't think I'd switch places (and I think Ross is one of the few owners decidedly worse than the Johnsons.)

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This has to be the least educated responses I ave seen in a while.  

No, youre right. He was a scrub became great yet averages less per catch, has a 1000 yard season under his belt a rookie lamar jackson and the ghost of joe flacco had him at 17 yards a catch last year and has been a walking injury through much of his career but josh ******* Allen transformed him.

Im not saying yards per reception is the most important stat, but it certainly doesnt equal guy sucked now hes great. 

Jamison Crowder is the Jets fifth option, John Brown is a career scrub with a 1000 yard season, Jarrett Stidham is the second best QB in the division. Do you even listen to yourself or do you try to avoid it like everyone else here?

If there was a poll that got to decide if you stayed or left, youd be gone. You know that, right? Your posts are like a culinary combination of black licorice,  halitosis and knock knock jokes. Why you would voluntarily stay where you are universally reviled is beyond me.

5 hours ago, Jetsbaby93 said:

But John Brown is on track for career highs in catches,yards, and touchdowns. Same with Cole Beasley 

He was on a team with larry fitzgerald. He played with sh*t qbs with horrific offensive lines. Hes never played 16 games in a season. He had a 1000 yard season in 2015 despite starting 11 games. To say he somehow has become a different player because of a 60 percent passer is ridiculous 

11 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The problem with a QB like Allen, is that when you eventually have to pay him, you have to commit a good amount of your cap to him, and when you do that you need that QB to make players around him better. I don't think Allen will be able to do that. 

I agree with you on the whole paying a QB thing and that he needs to make players better, but the Bill have something 84 million in cap next season. They have huge contracts on Star Lotulelei and Trent Murphy who have not lived up to those contracts and are being outplayed by younger guys who are under contract for at least 2 seasons that they can dump. 

They're actually a team in a position to be able to absorb a mediocre QB on a new contract compared to a team like Dallas that has just paid Zeke and needs to pay Cooper as well, the Bills look to be sustainable.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, youre right. He was a scrub became great yet averages less per catch, has a 1000 yard season under his belt a rookie lamar jackson and the ghost of joe flacco had him at 17 yards a catch last year and has been a walking injury through much of his career but josh ******* Allen transformed him.

Im not saying yards per reception is the most important stat, but it certainly doesnt equal guy sucked now hes great. 

Jamison Crowder is the Jets fifth option, John Brown is a career scrub with a 1000 yard season, Jarrett Stidham is the second best QB in the division. Do you even listen to yourself or do you try to avoid it like everyone else here?

If there was a poll that got to decide if you stayed or left, youd be gone. You know that, right? Your posts are like a culinary combination of black licorice,  halitosis and knock knock jokes. Why you would voluntarily stay where you are universally reviled is beyond me.

You cant argue w stupid.  So I wont.

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You cant argue w stupid.  So I wont.

The career scrub was signed on a three year deal for 27 million dollars. 11 mil guaranteed. Please post a list of six year career scrubs getting those contracts and the awesome franchises that gave them those contracts. I'd love to be as educated and intelligent as you. I need your help.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

He was on a team with larry fitzgerald. He played with sh*t qbs with horrific offensive lines. Hes never played 16 games in a season. He had a 1000 yard season in 2015 despite starting 11 games. To say he somehow has become a different player because of a 60 percent passer is ridiculous 

How bout a gameplan to use him as complete receiver. Not just a guy that runs deep routes and screens like in zona. Josh Allen went from 52 percent completion percentage last year to 62 percent passer mediocre is darnold. Yes allen hasn't passed for 300 but he goes for 250 260 through the air and 40 to 50 on the ground. Josh Allen has improved by leaps this year. Sorry you just can't understand passing yards arent the only stat for a qb 

• Upvote 1