Where are they now , Pat Ryan ?

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Best backup QB in Jets history. If he didn’t get injured in that heart-breaking playoff loss to the Browns, the Jets win that game. Amazing how much better the offensive line looked when Ryan played instead of Kenny O’Brien.

If a Jets QB ever really started seeing ghosts, it was Ken O'Brien at the end of the 1986 season.  His 3rd full year as a starter went from penthouse to outhouse after a nightmare game in Miami on Monday Night Football (sound familiar?)

Kenny O had moments in the seasons thereafter, but he never again was the really good QB he was in 1985 and in the first 11 games of 1986.

If Sam had the sort of run Kenny O had at the end of 1986, he'd be run out of town.  Teams and fans no longer have any patience.

• Upvote 2

On 12/4/2019 at 10:48 AM, JetsFanatic said:

Best backup QB in Jets history. If he didn’t get injured in that heart-breaking playoff loss to the Browns, the Jets win that game. Amazing how much better the offensive line looked when Ryan played instead of Kenny O’Brien.

I loved Pat Ryan, but he was a backup, and not good enough to be a starting QB.  I know that I was one yelling for Pat to get a chance to start for the Jets, and when he did, showed his athletic limitations.  Yes, a quality backup, but unfortunately not good enough to be a long term solution at starting QB.  I am surprised that he was 6-5 as a starter though.  Just shows that the team was quality. Either that, or our opponents were bad.

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

I loved Pat Ryan, but he was a backup, and not good enough to be a starting QB.  I know that I was one yelling for Pat to get a chance to start for the Jets, and when he did, showed his athletic limitations.  Yes, a quality backup, but unfortunately not good enough to be a long term solution at starting QB.  I am surprised that he was 6-5 as a starter though.  Just shows that the team was quality. Either that, or our opponents were bad.

Pat Ryan was a very good backup. Not quite Don Strock but the next tier.