Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager Stephen A Cohen in Talks to Buy 80% of Mets

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

buty you hafta wait 5 years for this news to come to fruition?

Wilpon’s keep their titles only.

cohen almost got the Dodgers a few years back. Came in second.

Hes worth 14 bil, and is the guy the showtime series Billions is based on. With 80% ownership, you think he won’t be calling the shots?

Diehard Mets fan too...

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I was born a few short months after the 86 World Series so this is basically the best Mets news in my lifetime, NL Pennants aside.

Cohen is going to spend and he sure to be big on analytics and research. No reason he couldn't turn the Mets into the smart big market juggernaut they should be.

Stevie Cohen is a freakish size consumer of raw data and applicant of quantitative analysis. We are going to 1: spend as much as we need to and 2: manage to metrics. He does not have tolerance for bs and underperforming personnel. Likewise, winners get rewarded. We are going to be a legit destination for talent but also not get held over the barrel in trade talks. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok 

I want Cole and Rendon by the end of the week.

I’ll give my boy Steve a little more time to work out the Mookie Betts deal.

Wowza, I already feel like a Yankee fan!!!! Sign everybody!!!!

Don't even demean yourself like that. You're so much better than this.?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

5 years is better than 50!  And I doubt those titles are anything more than just that.  They wont be calling the shots.

You don't buy a home for big money, allow the former owners to rent from you for a couple of years, and then allow them to change the carpet and remodel, without your input and advisement.

I seriously doubt it will affect this FA period, but it should at least start in 2020.

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You don't buy a home for big money, allow the former owners to rent from you for a couple of years, and then allow them to change the carpet and remodel, without your input and advisement.

I seriously doubt it will affect this FA period, but it should at least start in 2020.

Stevie Cohen lost out on his bid to buy the Dodgers. How sweet would it be for him to take Rendon away from them?

18 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

That's almost exactly how it went down when Bisciotti bought the Ravens.

Modell stayed majority owner for a few more years, before selling his remaining interest.

• Upvote 1