Jamal Adams - "I'm not going to get out there until I'm myself"

JTJet

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/04/jamal-adams-im-not-going-to-get-out-there-until-im-myself/

Jamal Adams: I’m not going to get out there until I’m myself

Posted by Charean Williams on December 4, 2019, 3:56 PM EST

Jets safety Jamal Adams has never missed time with an injury. Not in high school, not in college, not in the pros.

He could miss Sunday’s game.

Adams got out of a walking boot two days ago, but his sprained ankle kept him from practicing Wednesday.

He called himself day to day, declining to speculate about his availability for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.

“I feel better, but I’m not going to get out there until I’m myself,” Adams said Wednesday, via video from Rich Cimini of ESPN. “I don’t know when that is. We’re not going to put a timetable on it, but we’re just going to continue to do whatever they ask me to do and go from there.”

It seems unlikely Adams would play Sunday, and he answered “I don’t know” when asked if he expected to play again this season, via Connor Hughes of TheAthletic.com.

Adams played through the left ankle pain against the Bengals, missing only one snap.

Jets coach Adam Gase has called it a “week-to-week” injury.

Adams has played all 44 possible games in his three seasons.

100 bucks he is done for the year. Being proactive on getting out of Lamar's way next Thursday. 

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

tbh, its a bad beat to play hurt for a 4-8 team going nowhere...

I just feel we are getting more evidence that Jamal doesnt have what it takes to face actual adversity in the game. 

Leaders lead THROUGH adversity, not only when they are winning. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I just feel we are getting more evidence that Jamal doesnt have what it takes to face actual adversity in the game. 

Leaders lead THROUGH adversity, not only when they are winning. 

wut? So how about all the other games this season that Adams was playing like a man possessed despite his CBs being unable to cover any QBs (before Bless blessed us with his presence) or the Offense could score any points (when Darnold had mono) or the O-line played like s**t (pretty much every other game this season)? What about those games? Did he not lead THROUGH adversity? Oh, now that the dude is hurt you want him to play through his injury in what is now a clearly lost season. Thats moronic.  

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, PepPep said:

wut? So how about all the other games this season that Adams was playing like a man possessed despite his CBs being unable to cover any QBs (before Bless blessed us with his presence) or the Offense could score any points (when Darnold had mono) or the O-line played like s**t (pretty much every other game this season)? What about those games? Did he not lead THROUGH adversity? Oh, now that the dude is hurt you want him to play through his injury in what is now a clearly lost season. Thats moronic.  

I stand by what I said. If he had this injury, and we were winning, he would be out there, no question.  

Adam's wasnt playing like a man possessed early in the season. He was playing just above average and while the team was losing, he made sure to let absolutely everyone know that HE was still playing well. 

Once the trade rumors started he got toasted by the winless Dolphins and he kept running his mouth about Joe D.

After that, we started to win as a TEAM and he started playing like a man possessed. Only then during a win streak, did his mouth stay shut. 

Then we lose again to another winless team, (where he got toasted again), and he gets injured, and he starts posting and tweeting everything about him again. 

I'm pointing out that when we are winning, he seems to keep quiet and play lights out...

...but when we lose, he runs his mouth and makes everything about him, and always paints himself in the best possible light. 

Leaders do not operate like this. Ever. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Tom has been banging this drum for a while, and he’s 100% correct: assuming we don’t trade him this offseason, Adams is going to hold out for $18m AAV, and the resulting sh*tstorm here is going to be biblical.

Jets fans loves jets players until they want to be paid. On they day he becomes JaMoney Adam$ the mercenary greed pig

• Upvote 1