Jamal Adams - "I'm not going to get out there until I'm myself"

JTJet

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Tom has been banging this drum for a while, and he’s 100% correct: assuming we don’t trade him this offseason, Adams is going to hold out for $18m AAV, and the resulting sh*tstorm here is going to be biblical.

I’ll be here strictly for the expressions of shock over Jamal Adams doing something as self-serving as holding out for CB1 money. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets fans loves jets players until they want to be paid. On they day he becomes JaMoney Adam$ the mercenary greed pig

Not really, Jets fans are fine if the player is really good and really contributes to the a winning team.

Almost every single guy we have given big money to has either mailed it in or got hurt.  We have got almost no valued signing our own guys who suddenly become stiffs or signing other big dollar Fa.

Also positional value.

It won't surprise me if Adams demands big dollars and gets it from the jets.  And it will be buyers regret almost immediately.

For me it will say a lot about Douglas over the next year as to what he does with some of the existing guys.

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not really, Jets fans are fine if the player is really good and really contributes to the a winning team.

Almost every single guy we have given big money to has either mailed it in or got hurt.  We have got almost no valued signing our own guys who suddenly become stiffs or signing other big dollar Fa.

Also positional value.

It won't surprise me if Adams demands big dollars and gets it from the jets.  And it will be buyers regret almost immediately.

For me it will say a lot about Douglas over the next year as to what he does with some of the existing guys.

Man... it actually hurts thinking about the big contracts we have given the last 10 years or so. 

Sanchez - Extreme Bust

Holmes - Inury/Dissapeared

Wilkerson - Dissapeared

Revis - Dissapeared 

Johnson - Extreme Bust 

Bell - His Worst Season 

Mosley - Played 1 game 

At this rate, we should never give a big contract again. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Please.

"I want to die on the field!"

"My boo boo hurts....". 

Dudes a phony. 

When this site has two or more threads every week on one player, you have to wonder why. Aging white people will accept a black athlete as long as they do their job and keep their mouths shut. If not, this is what you get.

• Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Darrelle Revis had a MVP-caliber season for a team that was within one half of a Super Bowl and then held out for more money. Jets fans changed his name to dollar signs, nicknamed him Slouch, and the Jets as an organization engaged, quite literally, in a reality TV show portrayal of the matter.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, genot said:

When this site has two or more threads every week on one player, you have to wonder why. Aging white people will accept a black athlete as long as they do their job and keep their mouths shut. If not, this is what you get.

Which is why we're all so silent in Sam Darnold....

C'mon man

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Attributing Adams' plight to that of black athletes that actually do face racial discrimination minimizes the severity of when the latter actually does happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, JTJet said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/04/jamal-adams-im-not-going-to-get-out-there-until-im-myself/

Jamal Adams: I’m not going to get out there until I’m myself

Posted by Charean Williams on December 4, 2019, 3:56 PM EST

100 bucks he is done for the year. Being proactive on getting out of Lamar's way next Thursday. 

As it would make any difference- saves him the embarrassment 

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Which is why we're all so silent in Sam Darnold....

C'mon man

The QB is the face of the franchise. If Adams got mono, and then after recovering went out late and was playing around, the fury around here would be overwhelming.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Also positional value.

This is why good teams have guardrails in place to weed out potential personalities they think will mail it in. This occurs during the draft process and when contracts are up. Oftentimes coachability and commitment to the sport outweighs raw talent. I mean signing Trumaine Johnson was idiotic and everyone knew it. Mo had flags during the draft process about loafing and was probably a prime candidate to trade considering the team was well aware of his practice habits.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, genot said:

The amount of threads dedicated to one player, is unreal. If Adams wore a tie that didn't match his suit, they're would be a thread about it.

Do you have friends that document their entire lives on social media? We all know someone that does and find it annoying. 

7 minutes ago, genot said:

The QB is the face of the franchise. If Adams got mono, and then after recovering went out late and was playing around, the fury around here would be overwhelming.

This is true. Not being a self promoter also helps Darnold in that respect however.

19 minutes ago, genot said:

You live everyday thinking like this?   I feel very sorry for you. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Do you have friends that document their entire lives on social media? We all know someone that does and find it annoying. 

Do you have any kids. do you pay attention to the tweets of our current president. It's what they do  now. A way of socializing without having to go out. Im not into it. Everybody else is, who's younger than 25.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

You live everyday thinking like this?   I feel very sorry for you. 

I smell bigotry from a mile away. Look in the mirror, pal. It's not only Adams. We could talk about KO, Enunwa, Robby Anderson,,and the views expressed about them by some people on this board.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, genot said:

Please. 

Think there are a lot of threads about Jamal? There are 100x more debating the merits of Darnold (who's white if you didnt know), and he has A - Played less and B - Kept his head down more during adversity.

None of this was about race until YOU brought it up lol. 99% of football fans support their team's players without regard to color, this would be no different if Jamal was white. The guy is judged on his actions, and his actions portray him as a phony leader. 

Your comment I think says more about you, than anyone debating on here. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jgb said:

To the extent that being a big mouth is an immutable protected class, I guess we are bigots.

He likes to talk. So what. you do it every day on this forum. What the hell is the big stink about. please tell me.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

To the extent that being a big mouth is an immutable protected class, I guess we are bigots.

He likes to talk. So what. you do it every day on this forum. What the hell is the big stink about. please tell me.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

1 hour ago, jgb said:

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Just now, JTJet said:

Please. 

Think there are a lot of threads about Jamal? There are 100x more debating the merits of Darnold, and he has A - Played less and B - Kept his head down more during adversity.

None of this was about race until YOU brought it up lol. 99% of football fans support their team's players without regard to color, this would be no different if Jamal was white. The guy is judged on his actions, and his actions portray him as a phony leader. 

Your comment I think says more about you, than anyone debating on here. 

What's phony about him? What actions are you talking about???? What has he said or done that warrants this type of derision, from anyone. He plays hard. He's willing to play wherever Gregg Williams needs him to play. i think a few months ago he said he'd be willing to play corner, if would help the TEAM out. Spends the entire off season using social media to try and recruit free agents to play here. Psychoanalyze yourself. Not me

• Sympathy 1

I have an idea lets compile a roster of choir boys that say nothing, don't interact with the fans and don't talk to the  media. 

This way no one can complain about anything but play on the field and in this case no one should have anything to say about Jamal Adams he is the best player on the D. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

What's phony about him? What actions are you talking about???? What has he said or done that warrants this type of derision, from anyone. He plays hard. He's willing to play wherever Gregg Williams needs him to play. i think a few months ago he said he'd be willing to play corner, if would help the TEAM out. Spends the entire off season using social media to try and recruit free agents to play here. Psychoanalyze yourself. Not me

Do we appreciate him interacting with us? Of course. Are we happy he recruited FAs for us? Of Course. Are we happy he is a Pro Bowler? Again of course....but people can be happy with all that AND be critical of him at the same time. 

He portrays himself as General #&*%# Patton, yet when we lose? He is on social media promoting himself. When trade chatter comes up? He goes on a twitter tirade. Then we start winning again? He plays well and zips it. Then lose again? Back to promoting himself. 

I'm not stating anything that isnt well documented here. I desperately want Jamal to be the best safety to ever play the game, cause im a loyal fan of our team. 

But when someone calls themselves a leader, then their actions prove otherwise? They are going to get roasted for it. 

Do you see this type of leadership behavior from Aaron Donald? Tom Brady? Aaron Rodgers? Deshaun Watson? Patrick Mahomes? JJ Watt? No you do not, and they have far better resumes than Jamal. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Maybe it’s because he’s a douche? 

Check out the 49's board, or the Chargers board. Think they devote as much time ripping the Bosa's . Doubt it. There's a lot of butt holes in the NFL. Ignore them. There's an obsession almost with Adams, i find rather disturbing. sorry.

• Sympathy 1