This one is definitely on Sam

Maxman

25 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Sanchez was one the worst starting QB in the NFL (statistically) Darnold is one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

Its year 2. If it acts like bust, talks like a bust, and looks like a bust it’s probably a bust. He’s 22 so perhaps he can turn it around, but I honestly believe we are spinning our wheels with him and Gase. 

He's a "bust"?

His record is basically 5-4 in 2019 playing on the weakest roster in the NFL along with the Worst OL, No Running game (AGAIN..2nd year, can't even play action) and receivers who rarely get separation.

He has put up 30+ points in about 1/2 his games played this year.  He does that practically ALL BY HIMSELF as he runs for his life on every play he looks to go downfield.  That's quantified.  Sam Darnold has THE LEAST TIME OF ANY QB IN THE NFL to throw a pass.

That's a bust?

Mark Sanchez could rarely hit a receiver in stride playing with the BEST OL in the NFL in front of him, and virtually never put up 30 points his ENTIRE  career.  You would be happy if you saw Over 200 passing yards in his stat line, over that ENTIRE career haha...THAT is a bust.

5 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

He's a "bust"?

His record is basically 5-4 in 2019 playing on the weakest roster in the NFL along with the Worst OL, No Running game (AGAIN..2nd year, can't even play action) and receivers who rarely get separation.

He has put up 30+ points in about 1/2 his games played this year.  He does that practically ALL BY HIMSELF as he runs for his life on every play he looks to go downfield.  That's quantified.  Sam Darnold has THE LEAST TIME OF ANY QB IN THE NFL to throw a pass.

That's a bust?

Mark Sanchez could rarely hit a receiver in stride playing with the BEST OL in the NFL in front of him, and virtually never put up 30 points his ENTIRE  career.  You would be happy if you saw Over 200 passing yards in his stat line, over that ENTIRE career haha...THAT is a bust.

The Jets have 4 wins but Sam basically has 5? On what planet?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Whether this particular play is him locking on to his guy left and missing the check down, relies on context. Where are we in the game? Late 4th, down big? Checkdowns dont help there. Early, still in it? Egregious abandonment of his progressions. 

yeah, Jets should definitely give up with half the 4thq to play...   why even bother?

just throw in the towel and walk off the field...

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

yeah, Jets should definitely give up with half the 4thq to play...   why even bother?

just throw in the towel and walk off the field...

I'm saying that he may have only been able to consider throws to the sideline to kill the clock. Middle of the field may have been a losing proposition due to circumstances 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Game 1 of the season against Buffalo that teams statistically win 99% of the time...I'd put that in Darnold's win column, same as I would put games like Houston last year and Green Bay the following week, where Darnold single handed gave the Jets leads LATE only to see Bowles D crater, as usual, on the final drive.

Look, bottom line, no one can properly evaluate Darnold with the greatest of accuracy playing on this "team".  But I've already seen way more than Flashes that he has outstanding raw talent and if he ever gets real professional players surrounding him the Sky is the Limit.  Agreed?

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'm saying that he may have only been able to consider throws to the sideline to kill the clock. Middle of the field may have been a losing proposition due to circumstances 

There's no context to the criticism. Yes, criticize terrible turnovers ect., but scrutinizing each & every missed checkdown is asinine!

I have Kareem Hunt in fantasy so I watched a Browns game, Mayfield was always looking downfield & not checking down (while I was selfishly looking for check down points in PPR, lol). 

This day & age of social media & criticizing every little thing is getting monotonous. Could you imagine Namaths bad games in this day & age? OMG! Even Sanchez wasn't criticized as much & the kid threw 5 picks while his team rushed for over 300 yards & we LOST!!!

Can you imagine how dangerous Sam would be throwing downfield, moving the pocket & doing playaction with an Oline & running game that could run for over 300 YARDS? We eke out 50 in 4 f*cking quarters for god sake!

Perspective people. 

for me, when i watched the game there were definitely times where i wondered if he coulda pulled it down and run or checked it down...  

this is an example of one he could easily have checked down and gotten yards...

this whole DONT EVER CRITICIZE SAM deal is extreme    he is FAR FROM A FINISHED PRODUCT

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Remember that game where the offense put up 8 points?  The one where the scored the TD on the short field after the D handed the ball over with a safety?  That counts as a win for the offense.  Maybe they multiply the score by 5 because mono.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

for me, when i watched the game there were definitely times where i wondered if he coulda pulled it down and run or checked it down...  

this is an example of one he could easily have checked down and gotten yards...

this whole DONT EVER CRITICIZE SAM deal is extreme    he is FAR FROM A FINISHED PRODUCT

He did not play well on Sunday. He left some throws out there and made some bad reads. Still wasn’t the main reason they lost. 

1 minute ago, RonaldJet said:

He did not play well on Sunday. He left some throws out there and made some bad reads. Still wasn’t the main reason they lost. 

yes.

nothing wrong with assessing where improvements could be made.

the OP didnt say THIS IS WHY WE LOST TO CINCI

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

This has been discussed over and over again. But Alex from JetNation Radio tweeted this and I thought it was worth sharing. I am on record as saying the Jets have a lot of problems and Sam isn't one. But, he has a ton of room to get better. Here is a prime example.

Quicker is better, but he got sacked at the 3 second mark and that is fast.

• Upvote 1

This is on Sam but in the way that its on Sam despite it also being very much on Shell. So although I agree that Sam still has room to grow and there are a number for examples where he makes mistakes, this is not a very good example. Yes he takes a sack and had Bell open on a check down. But its not like he held on to the ball THAT long, its that Shell was absolutely smoked. And Dunlap went around the edge so Sam couldn't really see him, he had to just sense him. It's really tough to put that on Darnold.

If anything, I'd say that sack is 90% on Shell for getting smoked and 10% on Sam for not assuming his O-line was going to fail him and taking the first dump down short yardage option.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Quicker is better, but he got sacked at the 3 second mark and that is fast.

No. It is slow. Average snap to throw time across NFL is less than 3 seconds.

TT column. I just grabbed the first few but the entire clomn is less than 3.

ffs. people around here just say the vapid ish that comes to mind and try to pass

it off as fact. GAAAHH!!!!

image.png.72695bd176c5b8ee1af2b1bd2f230f56.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, nico002 said:

Holy crap this place has officially lost it. He missed a check down in garbage time, unbelievable. You could pick out a bad play from all 32 QBs last Sunday... 

you can count to 4-one-thousand before the pocket collapses

The tweet is incorrect ... Shell gets "beat" exactly how long is he supposed to block for? 9 one thousand? Would Sam ever find Bell? Or anyone?  

he's missing open men all over the field

he's throwing off his back foot

he's making Page 6 for partying

it's not great

asks russian GIF

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The tweet is incorrect ... Shell gets "beat" exactly how long is he supposed to block for? 9 one thousand? Would Sam ever find Bell? Or anyone?  

it's not great

asks russian GIF

I’m almost ready to write him off. It’s amazing how people defend Darnold as a good QB. The guy is the worst QB in the NFL IMO. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

ffs. people around here just say the vapid ish that comes to mind and try to pass

Look who's talking. I think Sam has a lot to learn and will reserve judgement till JD has chance fix this sh*tty roster. You, however are a Sam hater. You found some kewl stats, good for you skippy.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

it's not great

asks russian GIF

Math is tough when counting is hard. Lol

• Upvote 1

Happy feet implies being scared in the pocket and bailing on the play too quickly... the opposite of this example.

Moving your feet in the pocket is irrelevant if you are still throwing accurately.

Peyton Manning had the happiest feet in the pocket of all time... worked out fine. 

7 hours ago, Losmeister said:

I'm not going to say that you're wrong, but this stat isn't exactly apples to apples.  Snap to throw includes quick hitters, screen passes and throws to the first read.  Not having much of that contributes to longer times, as does a guy like Darnold extending plays by rolling around back there.  In this play, the LDE runs right around Shell who barely gets a hand on him.  The guy lined up a little wide and took a big arc, but you can't get there much faster.

Considering it is a 4 man rush and the fact the guy came from his back, you can't really blame Darnold much for looking downfield and not knowing he was going to get wrecked.  If the play was breaking down someplace where he could see it, or on a blitz, he likely would have dumped it to Bell.  He's got trips left and that is where the bulk of his reads probably are, the inside guy (Montgomery, I believe) was about to break wide open at the 20.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Happy feet implies being scared in the pocket and bailing on the play too quickly... the opposite of this example.

Moving your feet in the pocket is irrelevant if you are still throwing accurately.

Peyton Manning had the happiest feet in the pocket of all time... worked out fine. 

Eh. He does bounce out too quickly sometimes. But he doesn’t exactly have solid protection most of the time. So