Sign in to follow this  
freestater

A thread about this weekend's championship games and prospects to watch

This Penei kid (LT) for Oregon is pretty stout. Sophomore I believe. Too bad. Lol. Utah has a good defense and he is moving them. Dont know much about Pac 12 so this is a pretty fresh impression. (Too old to stay up late enough for these west coast teams 😉)

• Haha 1

Not surprised at all Oregon is controlling this game. Could be up by WAY more though, Oregon's receivers were dropping everything in the first quarter. 

No. 4 Georgia (11-1) vs. No. 2 LSU (12-0)

4 p.m. ET on CBS (stream on CBS All Access

One of the four teams currently projected to play in the CFP will lose in this game. The selection committee will be forced into a unique conversation. If the Bulldogs lose, they will have two losses and it becomes difficult to justify putting them in the CFP over potential one-loss teams like Utah, Baylor, and Oklahoma. At least one, but no more than two of those teams will only have one defeat. If Georgia wins, then it becomes likely two SEC teams will land in the CFP again.

Georgia's draft prospects are headlined by quarterback Jake Fromm, running back D'Andre Swift and offensive tackles Andrew Thomas, Alex Leatherwood. 

LSU running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire has improved his draft stock this year. The Tigers' new pass-happy attack has also allowed quarterback Joe Burrow and wide receiver Justin Jefferson to elevate their profiles. On the defensive side of the ball, the focus will be on defensive tackle Rashard Lawrence, linebacker K'Lavon Chaisson, cornerback Kristian Fulton and safety Grant Delpit. 

No. 1 Ohio State (12-0) vs. No. 8 Wisconsin (10-2)

8 p.m. ET on FOX (stream on fuboTV, try for free) 

The Buckeyes have been efficient on both sides of the ball this season. Quarterback Justin Fields is likely to be one of the first two quarterbacks taken in the 2021 NFL Draft. Running back J.K. Dobbins has averaged 138.1 rushing yards per game this season. Ohio State's secondary is loaded with playmakers: cornerback Jeffrey Okudah, cornerback Shaun Wade, cornerback Damon Arnette, and safety Jordan Fuller. Edge rusher Chase Young is the cream of the crop.

Wisconsin may have an argument to appear in the CFP with a win over the No. 1 overall team but it is unlikely. The Badgers lost to Illinois and were blown out by Ohio State earlier this season. With that being said, do not be surprised if the margin of victory is not a little tighter Saturday. 

This Ore/Utah game is unwatchable. 15 flags going into the 4th. 

Dont care for either team but Oregon is getting hosed on some of them. 

Exciting end to the game last night. Utah would have been a wasted spot in the playoffs. Good games today. Starting off with Baylor and Oklahoma in the big 12 champ. Watching Matt Rhule should be fun today while we get set to let Adam Gase get swept by the dolphins lol

With Utah falling last night, playoff fielld should be pretty clear cut.  Barring anything unforeseen, Clemson, OSU and LSU should all be in.  Either Georgia grabs the 4th spot if we beat LSU, otherwise, Baylor-Oklahoma winner gets it.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

With Utah falling last night, playoff fielld should be pretty clear cut.  Barring anything unforeseen, Clemson, OSU and LSU should all be in.  Either Georgia grabs the 4th spot if we beat LSU, otherwise, Baylor-Oklahoma winner gets it.

Do you like anyone on George for the Jets?

30 minutes ago, Lith said:

Pretty much.   As much as I’d like to see Baylor crash that party, I don’t think it will go well for them today.  

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Do you like anyone on George for the Jets?

Their top 3 players either dont fit a need for us, or we wont be in position to get. 

Andrew Thomas is definitely the top OT which we need but he is going top 5 pick if not top 3. 

DeAndre Swift is a RB, we ain't doin that in the 1st-3rd rds. 

Jake Fromm obviously we dont need. 

They have another OL guy that I think is like a day 2 pick but cant remember his name right now. 

27 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Their top 3 players either dont fit a need for us, or we wont be in position to get. 

Andrew Thomas is definitely the top OT which we need but he is going top 5 pick if not top 3. 

DeAndre Swift is a RB, we ain't doin that in the 1st-3rd rds. 

Jake Fromm obviously we dont need. 

They have another OL guy that I think is like a day 2 pick but cant remember his name right now. 

The big guard right? #66 I think?

12 hours ago, freestater said:

This Penei kid (LT) for Oregon is pretty stout. Sophomore I believe. Too bad. Lol. Utah has a good defense and he is moving them. Dont know much about Pac 12 so this is a pretty fresh impression. (Too old to stay up late enough for these west coast teams 😉)

Sewell may be one of the highest graded LT prospects to come out in a long time.  Unfortunately he doesn’t become draft eligible till 2021.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2019 at 9:10 AM, freestater said:

*figured I'd go along with the current trend of topic titles...

Lots of good teams playing college ball this weekend. Andrew Thomas against LSU. Can Tyler Baidasz handle Ohio State's defense? Who are the prospects for whom we should keep an eye out, this weekend?

I came in here to comment on these thread titles. lol - what is the deal with the "a thread about" stuff? 

• Haha 1

Given our needs here are some additional guys to keep an eye on today:

• Isaiah Simmons, Clemson - OLB, possible day 1 if we trade back
  • Zach Braun, Wisconsin - OLB,  possible day 2
  • Malik Harrison, Ohio State - OLB, possible day 2
  • John Simpson, Clemson - G, possible day 2/3
  • Jeff Okudah, Ohio State - CB, possible day 1 if we trade back
  • Kristian Fulton, LSU - CB, possible day 2
  • Damon Arnette, Ohio State - CB, possible day 3
  • Justin Jefferson, LSU - WR, possible day 3
  • Tee Higgins, Clemson - WR, possible day 3
  • KJ Hill, Ohio State - WR, possible day 3
  • Denzel Mims, Baylor - WR, possible day 3 
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Given our needs here are some additional guys to keep an eye on today:

• Isaiah Simmons, Clemson - OLB, possible day 1 if we trade back
  • Zach Braun, Wisconsin - OLB,  possible day 2
  • Malik Harrison, Ohio State - OLB, possible day 2
  • John Simpson, Clemson - G, possible day 2/3
  • Jeff Okudah, Ohio State - CB, possible day 1 if we trade back
  • Kristian Fulton, LSU - CB, possible day 2
  • Damon Arnette, Ohio State - CB, possible day 3
  • Justin Jefferson, LSU - WR, possible day 3
  • Tee Higgins, Clemson - WR, possible day 3
  • KJ Hill, Ohio State - WR, possible day 3
  • Denzel Mims, Baylor - WR, possible day 3 

Nice list. I would also include Creed Humphreys at Center for Oklahoma but we need to see if he is going to declare for the draft. One of the best center prospects.  Also watch Kenneth Murray at MLB for Oklahoma. He is one of my top Linebackers in this draft. And you have James Lynch of Baylor at DE who may be the most not talked about really good defensive end in college. Watch him. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Nice list. I would also include Creed Humphreys at Center for Oklahoma but we need to see if he is going to declare for the draft. One of the best center prospects.  Also watch Kenneth Murray at MLB for Oklahoma. He is one of my top Linebackers in this draft. And you have James Lynch of Baylor at DE who may be the most not talked about really good defensive end in college. Watch him. 

Great adds!

The big guard right? #66 I think?

Solomon Kindley. Likely a day 2 pick.

I also like Eric Stokes. Georgia CB. Redshirt soph who may come out. Probably day 3 guy,maybe late day 2. Needs to add some strength, but he could be a solid pro.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

I said this earlier in the year, but I like Lamb more than any other WR this year.  

His run after catch skills are elite.

It's a small thing too, but I like that he returns punts.  Not necessarily to do it in NFL but it shows he as great short area burst and good ability to track the ball.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I said this earlier in the year, but I like Lamb more than any other WR this year.  

His run after catch skills are elite.

It's a small thing too, but I like that he returns punts.  Not necessarily to do it in NFL but it shows he as great short area burst and good ability to track the ball.  

Kiper just came at with his top 10 list and has Jeudy 4 best player. He is nuts and a fraud all these years. Jeudy disappeared in the Auburn game. Is he talented yes but he is no way the best receiver in this draft. I love Lamb, Tyler Wallace who before was injured was my best receiver in this draft just ahead of Lamb, and Mimms ahead of Jeudy.  Also throw in Shenault of Colorado, Pitman of USC and Byron Edwards of South Carolina who showed me more than Jeudy.    

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Kiper just came at with his top 10 list and has Jeudy 4 best player. He is nuts and a fraud all these years. Jeudy disappeared in the Auburn game. Is he talented yes but he is no way the best receiver in this draft. I love Lamb, Tyler Wallace who before was injured was my the receiver in this draft just ahead of Lamb, and Mimms ahead of Jeudy.  Also throw in Shenault of Colorado, Pitman of USC and Byron Edwards of South Carolina who showed me more than Jeudy.    

Wallace, Mimms, and Edward's couldn't even hold Jerry Jeudy's jock strap. 

Lamb, Shenault, and H Ruggs are on the same level. But that's it. 

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Wallace, Mimms, and Edward's couldn't even hold Jerry Jeudy's jock strap. 

Lamb, Shenault, and H Ruggs are on the same level. But that's it. 

Laughable !!!   Your opinion. Do you know who Wallace plays for or have you ever seen him?!!  Probably not. Just a Kiper Homer. 

3 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Laughable !!!   Your opinion.

100 out of 100 experts would say Jeudy is at absolute worst top 3.... you out here all alone saying he ain't even top 6?

At least my opinion is unbiased. Clearly you are just judging him cause you hate Alabama.

And I'm saying this as an Air Force football fan... 😂

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

100 out of 100 experts would say Jeudy is at absolute worst top 3.... you out here all alone saying he ain't even top 6?

At least my opinion is unbiased. Clearly you are just judging him cause you hate Alabama.

And I'm saying this as an Air Force football fan... 😂

Do not care if he is an Alabama player. This is me watching College Football and evaluating who I watch. I think Waddle of Alabama is one of the most dangerous WR in college and that was before the Auburn game. In my opinion these receivers in my opinion is a better pro prospect.  So if you don't agree go right ahead. Jeudy may make me wrong. I didn't say he didn't have first round value but I look at everything these other receivers gave me in a game and they in my opinion a better pro prospect.  

9 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Do not care if he is an Alabama player. This is me watching College Football and evaluating who I watch. I think Waddle of Alabama is one of the most dangerous WR in college and that was before the Auburn game. In my opinion these receivers in my opinion is a better pro prospect.  So if you don't agree go right ahead. Jeudy may make me wrong. I didn't say he didn't have first round value but I look at everything these other receivers gave me in a game and they in my opinion a better pro prospect.  

Good thing you arent an actual NFL talent scout then. 

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Meanwhile your Mr. Humphrey has 3 false start penalties in the first half. Pretty sure we dont need that. 

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Good thing you arent an actual NFL talent scout then. 

Maybe some scouts should talk to me. LOL  Doing this a long time. 

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

Maybe some scouts should talk to me. LOL  Doing this a long time. 

Well I suppose you would still be better than what the Jets scouting department has done the last 10 years. Maybe they are hiring now. 

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Meanwhile your Mr. Humphrey has 3 false start penalties in the first half. Pretty sure we dont need that. 

Obviously you know nothing about College Football but just what you read. I am not wasting my time with you. But at the end of the college football year you could read my final evaluations and maybe learn about some of these prospects for the 2020 Draft. I will be posting them on this board. 

Really bad job by Baylor asking an obviously woozy QB “are you ok”

and putting him back in the game 

5 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Obviously you know nothing about College Football but just what you read. I am not wasting my time with you. But at the end of the college football year you could read my final evaluations and maybe learn about some of these prospects for the 2020 Draft. I will be posting them on this board. 

Yes I know nothing, except watching in 4k high definition Humphrey commiting 3 false starts in one half of the Big 12 Title game.

And Mimms not having a single catch.