A thread about this weekend's championship games and prospects to watch

I’ve found myself rooting for Jalen Hurts after seeing how he handled the Tua situation at Baja.

I was happy for him when he saved their season last year against Georgia (sorry @Lith and @Patriot Killa) and it’s nice to see he’s done well.with OU.

How do you draft guys think he’ll fare in April? I’m thinking 3rd round perhaps? I’d like to see him get a shot...

35 minutes ago, Welp said:

Matt Rhule is going to have his pick of jobs next year. We might have really goofed up on this.

I was wrong about him. For some dopey reason I had concerns about his religious beliefs affecting his coaching. 

That seems foolish looking back. Lesson learned.

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

Assuming he is moving on from Garrett, I can see Jerry Jones reaching out to both of these coaches.

I think Ruhle could end up with the Giants or Coughlin in Jax. Isnt there a history with both?

Riley seems like the perfect fit in Dallas.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’ve found myself rooting for Jalen Hurts after seeing how he handled the Tua situation at Baja.

I was happy for him when he saved their season last year against Georgia (sorry @Lith and @Patriot Killa) and it’s nice to see he’s done well.with OU.

How do you draft guys think he’ll fare in April? I’m thinking 3rd round perhaps? I’d like to see him get a shot...

I’d say 5th round type of prospect.  His arm isn’t fantastic.  

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We serioulsy ARE football brothers. Been thinking aout this since mid season....   4th rnd?

Sort of a higher profile Dak, for me. I didnt rate Dak and am surprised he has done as well as he has in the NFL.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

His problem obviously is his accuracy. Some throws are right on target and than some are just way off. Another problem is he is really impatient with his receivers. He would rather take off than staying in the pocket and waiting for his receiver to break away. I would say a third round is around the time he may get drafted. 

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’d say 5th round type of prospect.  His arm isn’t fantastic.  

3 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

His problem obviously is his accuracy. Some throws are right on target and than some are just way off. Another problem is he is really impatient with his receivers. He would rather take off than staying in the pocket and waiting for his receiver to break away. I would say a third round is around the time he may get drafted. 

I’m no expert, and I agree his arm didn’t look great at Bama, but he seems to look better in Riley’s offense.

Am I seeing something that’s not there? I don’t want to go overboard here, but I see him as a poor mans Lamar Jackson, in fact I think the Ravens backup job would be a great fit.

16 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

We serioulsy ARE football brothers. Been thinking aout this since mid season....   4th rnd?

Sort of a higher profile Dak, for me. I didnt rate Dak and am surprised he has done as well as he has in the NFL.

Great minds.... lol

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m no expert, and I agree his arm didn’t look great at Bama, but he seems to look better in Riley’s offense.

Am I seeing something that’s not there? I don’t want to go overboard here, but I see him as a poor mans Lamar Jackson, in fact I think the Ravens backup job would be a great fit.

Look the game has changed where scrambling QBS could be successful like Jackson, Mahomes, and Russell Wilson could be the elite. But what all three have over Hurts is that they all had better arms.  And Jackson had Michael Vick quickness. Hurts doesn't. He is compared more with Dak Presscott. 

• Upvote 1

So hold up.

Did I hear right that the Baylor WR was allowed to switch jerseys IN game because he and the 3rd string QB Zeno had the same number? Then he gets a 50 yard reception? 

I'm positive they just pulled a "D2 The Mighty ducks" moment. 

How is that remotely allowed? 

• Upvote 1