Sign in to follow this  
freestater

A thread about this weekend's championship games and prospects to watch

So Baylor WR Platt was #14 for 3 quarters. 

Baylor 3rd string QB Zeno was #14 for 3 quarters. 

Both about to go in the game, Platt switches jerseys to #12, also with no name plate. 

How is that allowed? Doesnt it give Baylor a direct advantage by confusing the defense with identifying who is who on the field and adjusting for coverage? 

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Is there any particular reason the Jets didn't hire Rhule?

The front office wanted to select Rhule’s assistants instead of letting him bring in his own men #JetUp

OT

one team will have a shot at the playoffs, the other an Outback Bowl type matchup.

Sports are the best thing on tv.

Just now, PS17 said:

Yes. The front office wanted to select Rhule’s assistants instead of letting him bring in his own men #JetUp

******* incompetence. From the owners on down. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

So Baylor WR Platt was #14 for 3 quarters. 

Baylor 3rd string QB Zeno was #14 for 3 quarters. 

Both about to go in the game, Platt switches jerseys to #12, also with no name plate. 

How is that allowed? Doesnt it give Baylor a direct advantage by confusing the defense with identifying who is who on the field and adjusting for coverage? 

They notified OU of what was happening.  Its not a big deal. 

5 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

******* incompetence. From the owners on down. 

Hindsight is always 20/20.

college coach wanting to bring in his own college level staff. It wasn’t that popular a choice at the time with a lot of us here.

36 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m no expert, and I agree his arm didn’t look great at Bama, but he seems to look better in Riley’s offense.

Am I seeing something that’s not there? I don’t want to go overboard here, but I see him as a poor mans Lamar Jackson, in fact I think the Ravens backup job would be a great fit.

The problem with the Lamar comparisons is that Lamar is an EXCEPTIONAL athlete, that’s what makes him do what he does.  Hurts isn’t on that level, at all.  We’ve seen decent athletes as QBs in the NFL, and unless they can kill you from the pocket, they have short lives.  

• Upvote 2

Jalen Hurts deserves this win after his roller coaster college career. 

So the two uber hot college coaches.   Both could be in the NFL next year.

I think Riley has a better chance of staying in college.

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

college coach wanting to bring in his own college level staff. It wasn’t that popular a choice at the time with a lot of us here.

what was it?? 20 pages of epic meltdown when it ws reported they might go this way.

And what? doesnt coach his QB not to take a sack on 3rd and 10 in OT???

Good run for Baylor this season.  They don’t have the athletes that OU has right now.  I’m not overly impressed with OU either.  

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, PS17 said:

The front office wanted to select Rhule’s assistants instead of letting him bring in his own men #JetUp

Was all worth it.

The Jets could have missed out on that little King of Queens dude who is Gase's flunky...watching Gase and him debating on which one would throw the Red Challenge Flag was I think the Hi-light of this season.

Watch Rhule get an NFL HC job now I be seen as one of the best new coaches in the league.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

His own college level staff?  That's completely baseless to assume he was just going to transplant his Baylor staff.

It's been reported his choice for OC was Sean Ryan, who has been an NFL assistant for a decade.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Good run for Baylor this season.  They don’t have the athletes that OU has right now.  I’m not overly impressed with OU either.  

I'm not overly impressed with Riley.  I just don't see a successful NFL coach there.  Good offensive mind, but Oklahoma is undisciplined and not as good as their talent.  I just don't think he will command an NFL locker room, when I'm not sure he really commands Oklahoma's 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

OT

one team will have a shot at the playoffs, the other an Outback Bowl type matchup.

Sports are the best thing on tv.

Baylor will be going to the Sugar Bowl most likely against Georgia if they lose or to the Cotton Bowl against Memphis or Boise St if Georgia wins.  

• Upvote 1

Every time I watch Oklahoma win a game, I think back to the Rose Bowl in 2017.  Sitting in the stands, in front of a redneck family of OU fans.  Had to sit through the first half, listening to their trash talk as Oklahoma built the lead.  All through the half, they were loud and they were drinking.  Alot.  Inlcuding their apparently underage daughters. 

Then as we started to come back in the second half, and the two daughters fell into a drunken stupor, I had to enjoy my team's comeback and OT win, all the while, being aware of the group seated behind me, just hoping that the two girls, who by this time were barely conscious, wouldn't get sick on me & my son.  When OU wins, that family is happy and that is not a good thing. 

Great effort (and great season) for Baylor, just fell a little short.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

His own college level staff?  That's completely baseless to assume he was just going to transplant his Baylor staff.

It's been reported his choice for OC was Sean Ryan, who has been an NFL assistant for a decade.

You could be right. None of us know who he’d have wanted, or been able to get. 

I think we can be fairly certain the Jets didn’t feel comfortable letting him pick his own staff. I think they wanted him to take GW and Moncken, maybe?

I was ok with that at the time. After seeing him this year, I’d fell differently, not that that mattters, lol.

I hate these 2 teams with a passion

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Could not have started worse for us.  When receivers are open, Fromm misses them.  And when Fromm makes a good through to receiver who is covered, the recevier can't make a play.  Story of our season.

We fall down two scores and this one could be over early.

That should still have been a penalty on lsu for hitting the kicker imo.  At least contacting the kicker.

Thomas is damn good.  Tank for thomas!

47 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Coach Orgeron has that classic football sound when he speaks. You have to play for a guy like this. 

"Yaw yaw, yaw,... yaaaw....Footbawl."