Sign in to follow this  
freestater

A thread about this weekend's championship games and prospects to watch

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Not putting down LSU at all, but the SEC winner is always the favorite going in, and should be, considering the gauntlet they have to run.

That said, the best team doesn’t always win, and it’s easy to sell teams like Clemson (who’ve won 2 of the last 3), Ohio St, and even Oklahoma short because of the conference and schedules they play in comparison.

You only have to beat the better team one time in a National Chamionship game, and any team that reaches it is capable of winning that one time against anyone.

After watching a ton of LSU this year I think they will be head a and shoulders above any team that they have to face the rest of the way. I also thought that about Bama last year.

We'll see how it plays out but I think LSU dominates their way to a NC.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, RobR said:

After watching a ton of LSU this year I think they will be head a and shoulders above any team that they have to face the rest of the way. I also thought that about Bama last year.

We'll see how it plays out but I think LSU dominates their way to a NC.

I’ve seen them a lot also this year. It seemed they were on every week down in SC this year, even when they weren’t the 330 CBS game.

No argument they’ve been great, and finally having a QB like Burrow has transformed them from what I always felt like was a defense heavy/ mediocre offense team into a juggernaut. 

That said it’s only one game.

BTW who do you like better, Lamb or Jeudy? Everyone always talks up the Bama kid, but I’d go with Lamb.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

BTW who do you like better, Lamb or Jeudy? Everyone always talks up the Bama kid, but I’d go with Lamb.

Lamb all the way. I've been very critical of Jeudy here, especially recently.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Buckeyes still get in with a loss right?

Yes but they'll end up winning.

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

My preference is all time sweetheart. The Vols have doubled the success of the Gators in college football, with 16 conf titles, to 8 for the Gators, and oh yeah, 6 National Championships, to your 3. Easily Vols >> Gators. 

That’s because they are an absolute joke and haven’t done dick in your life time.  Your program died 20 years ago.  You’re Vanderbilt now.  Congrats! 

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Just now, RobR said:

Yes but they'll end up winning.

Agreed, but this all played out great for them the last two weeks. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

That’s because they are an absolute joke and haven’t done dick in your life time.  Your program died 20 years ago.  You’re Vanderbilt now.  Congrats! 

Picking on a Vol fan is like making someone sink a three footer for a snowman.

It just ain’t right... 😜

Just now, fusionCA said:

Ohio state down 14 and Wisconsin has a good defense 

OSU will pull it out.

14 minutes ago, RobR said:

Agree. In the few Alabama games I watched this year, Jeudy has had some easy/ugly drops. Not overly impressed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

Agree. In the few Alabama games I watched this year, Jeudy has had some easy/ugly drops. Not overly impressed.

He's also the least athletic WR out of the four WRs Bama plays. If you're Bama and you want a big play you're not going to Jeudy.......you're going to the other three.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hold your horses people.  Burrow looks really good but he will be going from a stacked team to a bottom dweller.  Especially if he goes to a team with sh*tty coaching.

I’m sure he’ll be terrible, but play lights vs Florida. 

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Picking on a Vol fan is like making someone sink a three footer for a snowman.

It just ain’t right... 😜

Huh?  I’m defending my team.  He’s started this. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Huh?  I’m defending my team.  He’s started this. 

I know, it was a shot at him and the Vols, jif.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RobR said:

He's also the least athletic WR out of the four WRs Bama plays. If you're Bama and you want a big play you're not going to Jeudy.......you're going to the other three.

His strength is supposedly his route running, but he's not big or strong enough to win the 50/50s and not a real burner.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Higgins ain't too shabby either. A big, fast hands catcher.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Ohio state down 14 and Wisconsin has a good defense 

Jimmy Football Leonhard is Wisconsin's DC. That bears watching long term. Fully expect OSU to pull this out, but they have to be crapping their pants at halftime. 

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

Higgins ain't too shabby either. A big, fast hands catcher.

This is the year to draft two Olineman and two WR's with our first four picks. It's also very deep at RB. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

No, much better than Vandy. We beat them last week. Our 6th win in a row.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Hmmm. In my lifetime haven't done dick? Well I seem to remember watching the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl National Championship Game in 1998 in my living room with my dad and brother. Vols defeated Florida State for their 6th National title. We didn't lose a single game that year actually, and thats almost unheard of in the ultra competitive SEC. In my lifetime I was 16 at the time btw.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

8 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Hmmm. In my lifetime haven't done dick? Well I seem to remember watching the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl National Championship Game in 1998 in my living room with my dad and brother. Vols defeated Florida State for their 6th National title. In my lifetime I was 16 at the time btw.

This debate just depresses me even more than I already am.  Tennessee, 1 Natty.  Florida, 3.  Auburn 1 Natty.  LSU 3.  Alabama about 10.  Every elite program in the SEC has won a title but us.  Yes, 1980 was in my lifetime, but that was about 10 years before I went to grad school at UGA.  I was not a fan back then. 

Almost 30 years since I went to UGA and I have had to watch all of our rivals win.  And all we have ever done is come close.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lith said:

This debate just depresses me even more than I already am.  Tennessee, 1 Natty.  Florida, 3.  Auburn 1 Natty.  LSU 3.  Alabama about 10.  Every elite program in the SEC has won a title but us.  Yes, 1980 was in my lifetime, but that was about 10 years before I went to grad school at UGA.  I was not a fan back then. 

Almost 30 years since I went to UGA and I have had to watch all of our rivals win.  And all we have ever done is come close.

No offense man but Tennessee has six titles albeit some from the 50s.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

That plus a Jet fan on Sunday must have been rough. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No offense man but Tennessee has six titles albeit some from the 50s.

Was just referring to the number of titles since I went to school at UGA.  1990 forward.

• Upvote 1