A thread about this weekend's championship games and prospects to watch

freestater

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I can't forsee the Jets being in the market for a RB(or at least an early Round RB), but after watching them both all year, I'd rather have Dobbins over Taylor.

I'd rather have Edwards-Helaire and Swift over both of them. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Lith said:

Aside from Cager, and Pickens on occasion, we haven't all year. 

Matt Landers (two drops on that drive) is a true freshman who has no business being on the field in a game as big as this one, but without Cager, Dominick Blaylock and Kearis Jackson, we have no choice.  

This made me laugh...

• Haha 1

Even if Jeudy falls into the Jets lap at #1, I think there are so many really good WR in the draft, they will wait until round 2 or even round 3 to nab one.  Although there is some depth at LT int he draft, I think the drop-off after round 1 is significant and Douglas will go LT with his first pick.

11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m sure it does.  Kirby really needed to do what Dabo did last year with Kelly Bryant, tough decision but it was the best thing for your program.  

Absolutley.  Unfortuantely, the incompetence on offense could easily set us back a couple of years.  We already lost a 4 star WR recruit, whose name escapes me, in the past week who decommitted.  Going to be awfully tough to convince a HS WR that UGA is the place for him to grow, develop, put up numbers and end up a potential high pick in the NFL.   We looked like Woody Hayes/Bo Schembechler coached teams this year.  Right out of the 70s.

There are some rumblings, rumor more than anything, of discontent within the program that stems from the handling of Fields & Fromm last year.

Going to be a challenging offseason for Kirby to find a way to recommit to the offense and get this thing back on track.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Absolutley.  Unfortuantely, the incompetence on offense could easily set us back a couple of years.  We already lost a 4 star WR recruit, whose name escapes me, in the past week who decommitted.  Going to be awfully tough to convince a HS WR that UGA is the place for him to grow, develop, put up numbers and end up a potential high pick in the NFL.   We looked like Woody Hayes/Bo Schembechler coached teams this year.  Right out of the 70s.

There are some rumblings, rumor more than anything, of discontent within the program that stems from the handling of Fields & Fromm last year.

Going to be a challenging offseason for Kirby to find a way to recommit to the offense and get this thing back on track.

Agreed.  The top teams in the SEC are changing their identities.  Bama and LSU have shifted from that run first ground and pound stuff.  They can get the recruits there, they just need a more appealing offense to attract them.