Sign in to follow this  
freestater

A thread about this weekend's championship games and prospects to watch

At the Big10 game right now, saw that no call live lol. 

Ohio State was just handed a free TD by the refs. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ohio State home of Mike Nugent

And Vernon Gholston. Darron Lee busts...

20 minutes ago, TNJet said:

And Vernon Gholston. Darron Lee busts...

Dont forget about devin smith 

For some reason jets always pick first and second rounders from big time programs and more often then not they bust 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RobR said:

Yes but they'll end up winning.

Boom. No way they let OSU lose tonight. They are also a better team even if they got behind early tonight. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Chase Young 

I'd rather draft the guy that blocks Chase Young. 

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'd rather draft the guy that blocks Chase Young. 

You are entitled to your opinion, Chase Young will be long gone by the time the NY Jets pick. 

I can't forsee the Jets being in the market for a RB(or at least an early Round RB), but after watching them both all year, I'd rather have Dobbins over Taylor.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I can't forsee the Jets being in the market for a RB(or at least an early Round RB), but after watching them both all year, I'd rather have Dobbins over Taylor.

I'd rather have Edwards-Helaire and Swift over both of them. 

• Upvote 1

Watching the Clemson highlights and Tee Higgins is really the perfect WR to go with Darnold. Big guy with great hands that can make tough catches.

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

You are entitled to your opinion, Chase Young will be long gone by the time the NY Jets pick. 

Will go #1

14 hours ago, Lith said:

Aside from Cager, and Pickens on occasion, we haven't all year. 

Matt Landers (two drops on that drive) is a true freshman who has no business being on the field in a game as big as this one, but without Cager, Dominick Blaylock and Kearis Jackson, we have no choice.  

This made me laugh...

• Haha 1

I didn't watch the entire Georgia game but what I did see was Andrew Thomas keeping his guy off of From on every play.  What a stud!

Even if Jeudy falls into the Jets lap at #1, I think there are so many really good WR in the draft, they will wait until round 2 or even round 3 to nab one.  Although there is some depth at LT int he draft, I think the drop-off after round 1 is significant and Douglas will go LT with his first pick.

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

This made me laugh...

Makes me want to cry.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Makes me want to cry.

I’m sure it does.  Kirby really needed to do what Dabo did last year with Kelly Bryant, tough decision but it was the best thing for your program.  

11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m sure it does.  Kirby really needed to do what Dabo did last year with Kelly Bryant, tough decision but it was the best thing for your program.  

Absolutley.  Unfortuantely, the incompetence on offense could easily set us back a couple of years.  We already lost a 4 star WR recruit, whose name escapes me, in the past week who decommitted.  Going to be awfully tough to convince a HS WR that UGA is the place for him to grow, develop, put up numbers and end up a potential high pick in the NFL.   We looked like Woody Hayes/Bo Schembechler coached teams this year.  Right out of the 70s.

There are some rumblings, rumor more than anything, of discontent within the program that stems from the handling of Fields & Fromm last year.

Going to be a challenging offseason for Kirby to find a way to recommit to the offense and get this thing back on track.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Absolutley.  Unfortuantely, the incompetence on offense could easily set us back a couple of years.  We already lost a 4 star WR recruit, whose name escapes me, in the past week who decommitted.  Going to be awfully tough to convince a HS WR that UGA is the place for him to grow, develop, put up numbers and end up a potential high pick in the NFL.   We looked like Woody Hayes/Bo Schembechler coached teams this year.  Right out of the 70s.

There are some rumblings, rumor more than anything, of discontent within the program that stems from the handling of Fields & Fromm last year.

Going to be a challenging offseason for Kirby to find a way to recommit to the offense and get this thing back on track.

Agreed.  The top teams in the SEC are changing their identities.  Bama and LSU have shifted from that run first ground and pound stuff.  They can get the recruits there, they just need a more appealing offense to attract them.