Sign in to follow this  
New York Mick

Thursday Night Football

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is once again a situation where Jets fans pay zero attention to the details but will let DVOA tell them that Dak Prescott in the best QB in the NFL and Sam Darnold cant hold a candle to him.  Yet, when I watched them play head to head, it wasnt even arguable who was the better QB on the field.

Hes third in dvoa this year, not first, and will fall some after this week. He was in the 20's last year 

No doubt hes helped by the talent around him.

However your eyes and many of the people here were all but ready to bail on Sam in October. To go from he sucks to hes elite in 4/5 games is far more egregious an issue than DVOA, QBR and any other metric overating DAK 3/4 through a season in which his numbers are indeed fantastic. So spare us the omg Dak being highly rated unequivicolly proves eyez>math nonsense, when your own eye test was done with Darnold in October and will be done with him again if he lay's a few more eggs. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

Never once have I called him elite. 

I mean you said Dak can't hold a candle to him and I assume you will agree Dak is atleast average, so it doesn't seem like that big of a leap to elite from "an average guy can't hold a candle to him"

• Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

Stop telling me what I will and wont do, you dont know sh*t.  

We'll see. I'm not one to necro sh*t but just know that when you do flip flop again, I'll remember this post lol

• Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

Reading comprehension is important in a debate.  I said you bozos are saying that Sam cant hold a candle to Dak.  My gawd man.  Not the other way around...

The tone of this thread is the Sam is significantly better than Dak, I'm lumping you in with the other homers

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Admittedly, a flaw in DVOA is it can't really factor in the talent surrounding any players.  It simply takes into account down and situations and determines which plays are "successful".  

Its not perfect therefore it's trash. TRASH!

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company