Sign in to follow this  
New York Mick

Thursday Night Football

49 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Agreed but I would really like to see Darnold with an offense surrounding him like Dak has before really giving him a hard grade. There isn’t one player on the Jets who would start for Dallas on offense 

Dak Prescott has started 61 games in the NFL and plays for one of the most loaded teams in the entire league.  His offense is especially loaded having a top 5 OL, top 5 RB, a top 10 WR, one of the best up and coming WR's in the league and veteran pass catchers all around him and he currently has 2 more wins than Sam Darnold who plays on arguably the worst team in the NFL, behind the worst OL in the NFL with average to below average weaponz.

This is once again a situation where Jets fans pay zero attention to the details but will let DVOA tell them that Dak Prescott in the best QB in the NFL and Sam Darnold cant hold a candle to him.  Yet, when I watched them play head to head, it wasnt even arguable who was the better QB on the field.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

56 minutes ago, CTM said:

Hes third in dvoa this year, not first, and will fall some after this week. He was in the 20's last year 

No doubt hes helped by the talent around him.

However your eyes and many of the people here were all but ready to bail on Sam in October. To go from he sucks to hes elite in 4/5 games is far more egregious an issue than DVOA, QBR and any other metric overating DAK 3/4 through a season in which his numbers are indeed fantastic. So spare us the omg Dak being highly rated unequivicolly proves eyez>math nonsense, when your own eye test was done with Darnold in October and will be done with him again if he lay's a few more eggs. 

Never once have I called him elite.  I've repeated ad nauseam he's far from a finished product.  Maybe some on the board have said he's elite but I have to think a smart guy like you is able to decipher the rational vs. irrational posters and ignore the hyperbolic garbage.  I've always supported my position with facts.  Just like the post you responded to.  I dont see what changing my opinion on him matters here.  He looked broken and now he doesnt.  Great thing about the league, your career isnt defined by a few bad performances, there are more games to be played and Darnold bounced back like a G.  Stop telling me what I will and wont do, you dont know sh*t.  

You want another fact, when my eyes told me that Darnold was better than Dak that Sunday, so did your stupid advanced stats.  So spare me that my eyes cant tell me what your stupid advanced stats say.  The same stats that lie to you and tell you that Dak Prescott is the 3rd best QB in the league after Mitch Trubisky made him look like they were playing a different position.  And the fact you keep refusing to take situation into hand makes you just as moronic as your stupid advanced stats.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

@Losmeister  neg rep me one more time for beautifully articulating my spot on take and see what happens.  I dare you!  

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, CTM said:

I mean you said Dak can't hold a candle to him and I assume you will agree Dak is atleast average, so it doesn't seem like that big of a leap to elite from "an average guy can't hold a candle to him"

Reading comprehension is important in a debate.  I said you bozos are saying that Sam cant hold a candle to Dak.  My gawd man.  Not the other way around...

2 hours ago, JiF said:

This is once again a situation where Jets fans pay zero attention to the details but will let DVOA tell them that Dak Prescott in the best QB in the NFL and Sam Darnold cant hold a candle to him.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Admittedly, a flaw in DVOA is it can't really factor in the talent surrounding any players.  It simply takes into account down and situations and determines which plays are "successful".  

I understand and I'm exaggerating my point by calling all advanced stats stupid.  They have value just very little value because all of them are inherently flawed and give you outcomes that are totally bogus. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So what numbers would you say are highly or moderately valuable?  None of them?  

Keep in mind that all successful franchises across all major sports invest heavy resources into advanced analytics, and a major part of their success is tied to those investments.  Ernie Adams, the architect of the Patriot franchise and their various forms of cheating, has been using advanced stats since the beginning of the Patriot dynasty.  

It makes more sense in other sports as you know. 

I find the advanced athleticism testing stuff important for certain positions.  I think certain stats are important in FA player evaluation.  I just don’t think these equation stats work well in Football. 

I don’t think Ernie Adams has been using DVOA and PFF to make any decisions. From what I understand, his value is more in regards to situational football and scouting, not how other players on the league grade out on a equation like we are discussing.  That team is notorious for not signing big name free agents, so I don’t see how advanced stats the way it’s being used vs/against the play of a particular player on the board applies to what he’s doing for the Pats but I don’t know intimately what he does for them either.  

For example; what good does him knowing that DVOA says Dan Prescott is the 3rd best QB in Football and Darnold is 31st or whatever? What do the Pats gain from that knowledge?

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company