Sign in to follow this  
New York Mick

Thursday Night Football

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Does it also consider opponent.  Cowboys have beaten up on some pretty bad teams this year, Skins, Giants 2x, Phins, Lions.  Dak has had some big games agasint some pretty bad teams.

It considers the opponent’s aggregate, not at the time the opponent was played. For example, when the Jets win over the cowboys and raiders start to look more and more pedestrian as the losses continue to pile up for them. Conversely, the loss to Miami is looking better and better.

Obviously this method causes data smoothing and doesn’t account for hot/cold runs or for the Immediate impact that a short term injury to a significant player will have, but overall it’s Pretty good. The major issue with DVOA as 80 pointed out is that it doesn’t factor teammates...which is why you get posters calling Dak an MVP candidate on a sub .500 team with almost all their wins coming against scrubs.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

No way he beats out Sam or Baker this year.

Neither Sam nor Baker had anything to do with the stupidity of calling Dak an MVP candidate, but at least there’s this:

On 11/30/2019 at 11:18 AM, 14 in Green said:

I try not to bring up Mayfield in any Darnold discussions any more, I like to limit that to threads about him.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Then there’s what you just did. Take a quote that was obviously an attempt to get a chuckle out of you, then just to prove to me you have no sense of humor, go look up an old post that in your mind makes you feel smug and content. I guess you feel better now.

Glad that worked out so well for you.

yikes. 

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

That seems to sum up our reactions to each other’s posts.

Perhaps it’s time to simply end the conversations.

How about we just agree not to respond to each other’s posts?

You seem to do this a lot.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company