Would you trade 2020 1st for OBJ?

RonaldJet

No. 

Watching the Browns this season I noticed how his presence completely changes the offense from standard play design to getting OBJ the ball. 

I also noticed that he's not a team guy. Everytime there's a bad play he has this whining reaction, except when he drops passes. 

Dude is a great talent but doesnt make a bad team better because he's worried solely about his targets instead of how to win. 

He needs to go to a stable organization where he's the "cherry on top" and not the guy to turn around a franchise. Putting him on a team like the Rams or Cowboys where he's not "the guy" would probably work better. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

OBJ is an elite NFL WR get the ball in his hands and he is a thoroughbred horse on the football field and  he catches anything thrown his way. 

Cleveland has not been kind to him. 

Dude has dropped quite a few passes this season.

To be fair, it's unusual to see, but that's been the case this season

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This appears to be one of the best WR drafts ever.

As long as the Jets don't take Ardarius Stewart instead of Godwin or Golladay... drafting one or two and signing another couple as UDFA's will be suffficent.

Thats the problem the NY Jets past precedence has them doing exactly that, I've seen it all over the years. 

They will decide to take player at a position that shocks the football world and ignore glaring needs. 

Hoping like heck JD changes all that. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

No. 

Watching the Browns this season I noticed how his presence completely changes the offense from standard play design to getting OBJ the ball. 

I also noticed that he's not a team guy. Everytime there's a bad play he has this whining reaction, except when he drops passes. 

Dude is a great talent but doesnt make a bad team better because he's worried solely about his targets instead of how to win. 

He needs to go to a stable organization where he's the "cherry on top" and not the guy to turn around a franchise. Putting him on a team like the Rams or Cowboys where he's not "the guy" would probably work better. 

Yeah OBJ is overly concerned about getting his and Kitchens(to the Browns detriment) was force feeding him the football. The offense last year was way better when Mayfield could spread the ball around to all his recievers(to be fair, Mayfield's play has taken a huge step back).

What's bewildering to me is that the Browns have the league leader in rushing(Chubb) and another stud RB(Hunt) and still want to throw the ball all over the lot. Why not play to your strengths when you have a struggling QB?

• Upvote 2

Does OBJ have talent? Yes he does!!!

Is OBJ a head case? Yes he is!!!!

The Jets do need his talent but not the attitude that comes with it!!! That is the problem here, the Jets could use those numbers but its his attitude that kills everything. The Giants grew tired of his attitude and traded him after giving him a rich contract. Now it looks like the Browns are growing tired of him and are looking to trade him.

It looks like OBJ comes with a warning tag when acquiring him!!! He isn't worth a first round pick or a third round pick. With that attitude no team wants to deal with him and the Jets should do the same, just walk away.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He’s a nutbag and it would seem that he’s checked out in Cleveland. You’ve gotta treat him like JR Smith and let him sign with whatever contender will put up with his bullsh*t. If you bring him to a losing situation, he’s going to make that situation worse. 

*Patriots

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm not sure where to begin.  Have you been watching this team for the last 5 years?  

Yes lately though the circus atmosphere doesn't seem so relevant as it used to be. 

Not being strong at certain positions and having depth at them really isn't a circus its a lack of a competent GM who built this roster.