Would you trade 2020 1st for OBJ?

RonaldJet

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mayfield is Bryce Harper but less talented.  

Even putting the two of them in a sentence together is an insult to Bryce’s height and abilities in his sport. Baker will never be an MVP nor will he ever command team-altering money. The only things the two of them have in common is the initial of their first names and the fact that they are both team-destructive ass-hats.

Odell Beckham’s Browns season is worse than everyone realized

December 8, 2019 | 11:24am

Odell Beckham and the Browns are in the midst of a miserable season in which they’ve fallen way short of lofty expectations. But one possible reason for Beckham’s underwhelming year has emerged.

The 27-year-old wide receiver has been playing through a sports hernia, according to NFL Network, which described the ailment as “serious and often painful.”

While Beckham hasn’t missed a game, the injury would at least partially explain why Beckham is having such a disappointing first season in Cleveland as he enters Sunday with 57 catches, 805 yards and only two touchdowns.

“[I’ve] been banged up all year since whatever happened in camp,” Beckham said during the week. “Playing through whatever it is, just trying to make it through to Sunday. Any time Sunday comes around, I’m going to give the team everything I have.”

NFL Network reported the hernia will require offseason surgery, but Beckham told ESPN’s Josina Anderson that a surgery decision has not yet been made.

Beckham raised plenty of eyebrows during the week when he suggested his future with the Browns is up in the air, telling reporters, “I couldn’t sit here and tell you whether I’m going to be here, want to be here, don’t want to be here. This is exactly where I’m at now and I wouldn’t rather be anywhere else.”

His attempt to clarify his comments on Twitter but didn’t exactly address what he said. “I NEVER said I was not happy in Cleveland, just like everyone else I’m hopeful for better results. Period. Next story plzz,” Beckham wrote.

image.gif

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Shocking that didnt work out. Talented but undisciplined route runner and too many concentration drops. Pain in the neck to coach it seems. He also comes with an army of fanboys/media people who will defend his every move. Big pass.

NFL rumors: Shocking trade idea which could send Browns’ Odell Beckham back to NYC

Updated 8:44 AM;Today 8:28 AM 
Odell Beckham

AP

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. could be taking his way out of town.

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham is trying to talk his way out of town. Just imagine if he ends up where his NFL journey started.

Beckham, who the New York Giants traded in March, could, in theory, return to MetLife Stadium as a member of the New York Jets, according to SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano.

“As we are watching the game last week, we learned that Odell Beckham, an old friend of New York, is unhappy in Cleveland and might look to be traded during the offseason,” said Vacchiano. “Now, from what I’ve heard, the Cleveland Browns are drawing a line in the sand and are not going to trade him. At least that’s what they say now. But we do know that the Jets need a number one receiver and from what I’m told by people who know Beckham, he is not afraid of a return to New York. That doesn’t mean he wants to come to the Jets. ... The Jets are in a little bit of a rebuilding mode, probably not the winning organization he wants to come to, but if the Jets were aggressive and decided that, 'Hey, the Browns are offering him, let’s see if we can get him," at least they know or should know that Beckham is not soured on the city in a return to this media market just because of his experiences with the Giants."Things haven’t gone well for Beckham during his first season in Cleveland. He has 59 receptions for 844 yards, but just two touchdowns. Plus, the Browns, who had been hyped before the season as a Super Bowl contender, are close to being eliminated from playoff contention with a 6-7 record heading into Week 15.

On Sunday, FOX Sports’ Jay Glazer reported Beckham wants out. He didn’t want to land with the Browns in the first place, according to Glazer, and Beckham has been telling opposing coaches and players before and during games this season to “come get me.”

According to NFL Network, Beckham has been playing through a hernia this season and will require surgery in the offseason. So durability will be a question for any team considering a Beckham trade. And all that drama stuff should be a factor as well.

Our first is going to be awfully high.  His attitude is disastrous.  His catch rate is atrocious.  He is locked up long term at $15M per, with no dead money, but he is just the kind of guy that would retire in the middle of his deal out of spite.  Taking  him on is like taking a shot on Antonio Brown.  Maybe it is worth it.  Giving up a top 10 pick for privilege is total insanity.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NFL rumors: Shocking trade idea which could send Browns’ Odell Beckham back to NYC

Updated 8:44 AM;Today 8:28 AM 
Odell Beckham

AP

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. could be taking his way out of town.

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham is trying to talk his way out of town. Just imagine if he ends up where his NFL journey started.

Beckham, who the New York Giants traded in March, could, in theory, return to MetLife Stadium as a member of the New York Jets, according to SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano.

“As we are watching the game last week, we learned that Odell Beckham, an old friend of New York, is unhappy in Cleveland and might look to be traded during the offseason,” said Vacchiano. “Now, from what I’ve heard, the Cleveland Browns are drawing a line in the sand and are not going to trade him. At least that’s what they say now. But we do know that the Jets need a number one receiver and from what I’m told by people who know Beckham, he is not afraid of a return to New York. That doesn’t mean he wants to come to the Jets. ... The Jets are in a little bit of a rebuilding mode, probably not the winning organization he wants to come to, but if the Jets were aggressive and decided that, 'Hey, the Browns are offering him, let’s see if we can get him," at least they know or should know that Beckham is not soured on the city in a return to this media market just because of his experiences with the Giants."Things haven’t gone well for Beckham during his first season in Cleveland. He has 59 receptions for 844 yards, but just two touchdowns. Plus, the Browns, who had been hyped before the season as a Super Bowl contender, are close to being eliminated from playoff contention with a 6-7 record heading into Week 15.

On Sunday, FOX Sports’ Jay Glazer reported Beckham wants out. He didn’t want to land with the Browns in the first place, according to Glazer, and Beckham has been telling opposing coaches and players before and during games this season to “come get me.”

According to NFL Network, Beckham has been playing through a hernia this season and will require surgery in the offseason. So durability will be a question for any team considering a Beckham trade. And all that drama stuff should be a factor as well.

"Articles" like this are such a ridiculous concept.  The entire Jets portion is related to nothing but citing a different writer's baseless conjecture.  There's not a single thing we've seen that would suggest either Douglas or Gase are the kind of guys who would want anything to do with Beckham.

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What actually have you seen public from JD that would give you an opinion on anything related to his longterm plans here. 

The situations with both Osemele and Adams would already seem to suggest he has no interest in even dealing with headcases who have only a fraction of the crazy of Beckham.  Not to mention, ya know, the whole thing of his entire career being part of front offices who don't typically put up with that crap.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

The situations with both Osemele and Adams would already seem to suggest he has no interest in even dealing with headcases who have only a fraction of the crazy of Beckham.  Not to mention, ya know, the whole thing of his entire career being part of front offices who don't typically put up with that crap.

Adams?  This is a non story talk is cheap let's discuss further if and when he actually trades Adams.